• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Most of the Ash 2nds would get a run in any other 1sts team, like you say SPLC have limited depth, but they still beat Ash in 7 & 8As, 16A's were competitive despite handing up 8 players to opens, not to AIC standard eh James whats your agenda? Iona 26 Padua 5, Villa 12 SEC 10 SLC beat SPC

Ash 8A's lost to ATC. Ash 8B's beat the Peter's A team in a close one.

ATC will be a force in a few years.

mbthommo

Bob McCowan (2)
I have only seen the Lauries games so my view is limited having not seen the either Padua or Iona and apart from Lauries a one game sample of the rest.
1 ASH Prop Emosi
2 SLC Hooker,
3 SLC Tighthead
4 ASH Lock
5 SLC 8 but a better lock
6 Villa Kid player 6 or 8
7 Ashgrove Kid Very good over ball and a good ball runner
8 SLC playing 7 but a better 8
9 SLC 3rd Year at First XV
10 Ash
11 One of the SPLC wingers
12 Villa Centre
13 St Pats
14 Ash Winger Fijian
15 SLC

16 St Pats Hooker
17 Villa Looshead
18 St Pats Tighthead
19 Ash Number 6
20 St Pats Number 8
21 Ash Halfback
22 SLC Flyhalf
23 Outside Back Not sure

Will be interesting to see the final outcome as almost everyone posting will have a different opinion.

Grant you are obviously biased towards SLC (As you say you have watched all of their games) but how do you honestly pick 7 SLC players in the AIC 1 side? SPC did a real number on them last week with a number of the forward pack going missing after the first 15 minutes.

Given SPC are undefeated they surely deserve to have more than four players (3 on the bench!) getting a look at the AIC team. I'm really looking forward to this weekend’s results as it will be a big test for both SPC and Padua. I believe Padua have a few injury concerns whilst SPC appear to be fully fit, the game is also at Shorncliffe, which would have to swing the contest in SPC's favour?

I'm not sure why but SPC continues to be an underrated rugby school (I'm sure the SPC coaching staff enjoy it). The results of this year and previous seasons show that SPC Rugby continues to improve and now really match it with perceived AIC powerhouses.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Given SPC are undefeated they surely deserve to have more than four players (3 on the bench!) getting a look at the AIC team. I'm really looking forward to this weekend’s results as it will be a big test for both SPC and Padua. I believe Padua have a few injury concerns whilst SPC appear to be fully fit, the game is also at Shorncliffe, which would have to swing the contest in SPC's favour?

I'm not sure why but SPC continues to be an underrated rugby school (I'm sure the SPC coaching staff enjoy it). The results of this year and previous seasons show that SPC Rugby continues to improve and now really match it with perceived AIC powerhouses.

You might be a bit confused there Thommo, but this week it's MCA v SPC at Ashgrove, with the SPC v Padua game at SPC in the last round.

I agree that SPC probably aren't getting the credit on here they deserve, but then again you're probably the first SPC supporter to post on here this season.

SPC's results so far this year have been pretty impressive, but there's been no team list on here so it's hard to know much about them apart from their guns from last year, Connors and Knop.

I suspect that there are quite a few Year 11's in this year's SPC team, they will no doubt be strong contenders next year but how are they likely to stack up against MCA on Saturday?

This week is shaping up as a GF for Ashgrove, should be a big crowd on hand for what should be a good game. I suspect Emosi Tuquiri will be making his comeback on Saturday, no point holding him back any longer if he's close to being right.

mbthommo

Bob McCowan (2)
You might be a bit confused there Thommo, but this week it's MCA v SPC at Ashgrove, with the SPC v Padua game at SPC in the last round.

I agree that SPC probably aren't getting the credit on here they deserve, but then again you're probably the first SPC supporter to post on here this season.

SPC's results so far this year have been pretty impressive, but there's been no team list on here so it's hard to know much about them apart from their guns from last year, Connors and Knop.

I suspect that there are quite a few Year 11's in this year's SPC team, they will no doubt be strong contenders next year but how are they likely to stack up against MCA on Saturday?

This week is shaping up as a GF for Ashgrove, should be a big crowd on hand for what should be a good game. I suspect Emosi Tuquiri will be making his comeback on Saturday, no point holding him back any longer if he's close to being right.

Sorry my mistake, I got my dates wrong.

I'm not necessarily a SPC supporter, just a rugby supporter in general. My comments were based on looking at the various results from around the grounds and getting to the odd game, which ever is closest to where-ever I am on a weekend.

From memory, SPC Vs Ash 16As clash last year was a hard fought match which I think Ash may have just got away with. I see no reason why this weekend should be any different perhaps maybe the result.

SPC have won they matches in a variety of ways; got a way with a flyer against Villa, went through motions against SPLC and then ground out a solid win against SLC.

I think ASH supporters should keep their fingers crossed that their 1st XV don't underestimate the opposition this week.

I've been getting mixed reports about Emosi Tuquiri. Some say he is then next big thing, others say he under performs when judged against his perceived talent or goes a little missing in the big games, and then I've had a couple say he is continually injured. I hope he lives up to the hype and really turns it on. Nothing better then wathcing a well rounded, mobile prop who turn a match with a few big runs.

I'd be interested in the opinions of those who have seen more of his performances then I have.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry my mistake, I got my dates wrong.

I'm not necessarily a SPC supporter, just a rugby supporter in general. My comments were based on looking at the various results from around the grounds and getting to the odd game, which ever is closest to where-ever I am on a weekend.

From memory, SPC Vs Ash 16As clash last year was a hard fought match which I think Ash may have just got away with. I see no reason why this weekend should be any different perhaps maybe the result.

SPC have won they matches in a variety of ways; got a way with a flyer against Villa, went through motions against SPLC and then ground out a solid win against SLC.

I think ASH supporters should keep their fingers crossed that their 1st XV don't underestimate the opposition this week.

I've been getting mixed reports about Emosi Tuquiri. Some say he is then next big thing, others say he under performs when judged against his perceived talent or goes a little missing in the big games, and then I've had a couple say he is continually injured. I hope he lives up to the hype and really turns it on. Nothing better then wathcing a well rounded, mobile prop who turn a match with a few big runs.

I'd be interested in the opinions of those who have seen more of his performances then I have.

The MCA v SPC round got washed out last year, so the 16A's never played each other.

Knowing Dave Miles there's no chance of Ashgrove underestimating SPC this week, they will be preparing for a battle.

Re Emosi, he's been a powerhouse this year and was looking unstoppable before injuring his knee against Padua .

I've seen Emosi limping around a bit over the past few weeks with an elastic bandage over his knee so not confident that he's 100% right, but I do think he's a good chance to lead the boys out on Saturday.

mbthommo

Bob McCowan (2)
Is there any plans for Ambrose Tracey to join AIC? They are only a couple of years away from having year 12s i think.
They have attempted on more then one occasion and have been knocked back and there is no apparent change to that stance anytime soon.

Downlands in Toowoomba are in the same boat. Downlands even offered to travel away for every game for two years in an attempt to broker a deal which still didn't get them across the line.
Which is a real shame I think IMHO

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
The MCA v SPC round got washed out last year, so the 16A's never played each other.

Knowing Dave Miles there's no chance of Ashgrove underestimating SPC this week, they will be preparing for a battle.

Re Emosi, he's been a powerhouse this year and was looking unstoppable before injuring his knee against Padua .

I've seen Emosi limping around a bit over the past few weeks with an elastic bandage over his knee so not confident that he's 100% right, but I do think he's a good chance to lead the boys out on Saturday.

Yes Galloper Generally agree about Emosi Very good player Great hands really good footwork for any player let alone a big guy. MCA use him in shorter bursts rolling him through the interchange. My only knock on him is his fitness even at the start of the year before his injury. But he is clearly the most explosive player in the comp. I even saw him slot a goal from the sideline as a 15 year old.

Bledisloe

Herbert Moran (7)
Hope the rain does not stop this weekends round!.....We are right in the middle of the comp and things are really looking interesting at the moment!

I wonder how much rain is too much to have the round cancelled!

AliBarber

Bob McCowan (2)
Hope the rain does not stop this weekends round!...We are right in the middle of the comp and things are really looking interesting at the moment!

I wonder how much rain is too much to have the round cancelled!

I think if the Oval at MCA was under water they wouldn't call it off. I think this is their best year to go through undefeated. Their forwards will need to step up each week for SPC & SLC. Their Backs have played like it is each man for themselves by all reports and still play well ? Can someone Post the Halftime Score ?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
MCA vs PATS MCA
SLC vs SEC SLC
VILLA vs PAD PAD
IONA VS SPLC SPLC

Fair Call on all of them JR22
It will be interesting to see how Pats travel after last week the school should be congratulated on the amount of boys who supported their team. Effectively a 16th man and gave the Pats boys a real lift.

I give Villa an outside chance as they are at home and frankly are better than their results.

Hopefully all games proceed as most grounds have been dry and are not waterlogged.

TheBoatHat

Frank Row (1)
Watched the Iona vs Padua game on the weekend and noticed how young the Iona team is. Iona will step it up next year , will be up in the top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.