• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2020

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Big win by Villa away. Good to see they put last week's controversial and heartbreaking loss behind them. Well done to the boys.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Watched the replay. It was the story of two corner shops going at each other - Laurie's Pick n Go v Peter's Wall.

Peters were clinical early and raced to a 22-6 lead. Curious tactics from Lauries to have three shots at penalty (kicked 2) because they didn't get many chances in Peter's half again. Peter's lost both wingers - one in the first half to a head slam (SLC 12 lucky to stay on the field) and then their 14 had a brain snap and was red carded. This was telling as Peter's tired and SLC took the chances against 14.

Worth a look at this game if you haven't seen the replay. The SLC 8 must have sore shoulders tonight - he was enormous with attack workload and made some key breakdown steals.

Bang on about the SLC #8. I only caught the last 20 mins, but it was one of the most dominant periods of rugby I’ve seen. Dragged the team back into it.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone know the MCA v SPC score.
That will benchmark Padua.
MCA had Dreghorn starting today after injury. Cpt Baker offers plenty.
Lets hope he plays next week.
He has cpt many Qld age sides over the last few years and is a great rep from this comp.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone know the MCA v SPC score.
That will benchmark Padua.
MCA had Dreghorn starting today after injury. Cpt Baker offers plenty.
Lets hope he plays next week.
He has cpt many Qld age sides over the last few years and is a great rep from this comp.

MCA v SPC would have been something like 43-12, Floyd Aubrey scored at least 3, maybe 4, tries.

Rugby 101

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua where hopeless today, they had more talent sitting on the sidelines then on the field, really doissapointing for the boys in the brown and gold to see there injury in jeopardy over injuries.

My Arsenal

Peter Burge (5)
Padua where hopeless today, they had more talent sitting on the sidelines then on the field, really doissapointing for the boys in the brown and gold to see there injury in jeopardy over injuries.

A shame as at full strength looked a good side - the brown dogs will likely finish behind MCA and SPC in the pool and based on the recent videos would struggle against all of the Southside teams.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
So its likely MCA v either SLC/ Villa or Iona.
Dont be surprised if Iona pip SLC and Villa get through to th GF on F/A.
Villa looked the best team in the pre-season games agsinst MCS. Ill let the sth side debate the possibilities of that. Interesting though.

My Arsenal

Peter Burge (5)
So its likely MCA v either SLC/ Villa or Iona.
Dont be surprised if Iona pip SLC and Villa get through to th GF on F/A.
Villa looked the best team in the pre-season games agsinst MCS. Ill let the sth side debate the possibilities of that. Interesting though.

Good point - F/A will come into play so hard to be sure who will play who. I would predict the final round to be as follows:

1. MCA v SLC.
2. SPC v VILL
3. PAD v IONA
4. SEC v SPLC

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Word down at GPS rugby this morning was that the MCA capt will be out for the rest of the season with a badly torn hamstring. This is a very big loss for the team in many ways. With Laffer already out for the season with his ankle such will need others to step up for the next fortnight.

My Arsenal

Peter Burge (5)
A big loss for MCA - he was certainly the biggest player in that pack but MCA will have the depth to cover him - the MCA Seconds were a formidable pack too.

Floyd Aubrey is the guy who elevates MCA to another level - he scored/set up 4/5 tries against SLC in the trial, things decidedly closer in the second half after Floyd left the field concussed.

A great competition we have!

Word down at GPS rugby this morning was that the MCA capt will be out for the rest of the season with a badly torn hamstring. This is a very big loss for the team in many ways. With Laffer already out for the season with his ankle such will need others to step up for the next fortnight.

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Let's not write off Iona just yet re the chance to play in te finals. Two weeks ago they were 7 point victors over St Peters and SLC only got over St Peters by 1 point on the hooter.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nobody is writing off Iona at all. The only teams who cannot make the GF at this stage are SPLC, SPC and SEC.

There are so many permutations in the last round that I can easily see the southside coming down to a F/A scenario. SLC will only need to win and they are through, but if Iona win by 9+ and Villa loses they will go through as SLC only has a +3 F/A at the moment and Iona is -5. If Villa win and SLC loses they should go through as their F/A is +10, but this will also depend on the final scores. Enough to give anyone a headache.

I wouldn't write off St Peter's coming through with a win as they have shown what they are capable of and will be kicking themselves after leading 22-6 last week, although I think Villa will win as they play as a more cohesive unit with a better game plan.

I am backing SLC to win, just, and go through. But I got both South games wrong last week so who knows. Will make for a very exciting weekend of AIC rugby.

MCA should beat a depleted Padua back at McMahon Oval even without Nick Baker, but guarantee they will not be going in thinking about next week as a loss will see them gone too.

Predictions for Sat

MCA by 25 over Padua
SPC by 30 over SEC
Villa by 3 over SPLC
SLC by 5 over Iona

Again, the last 2 could go either way though. Thoughts?

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
MCA vs Padua : MCA by 40
SPC vs SEC : SPC by 40
Villa vs SPLC : Villa by 3
SLC vs Iona : SLC by 10

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Big win for SLC over Iona. Bit surprising, I thought it’d be much tighter. I didn’t get the final score unfortunately - something like 38-7 or so?