• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

Andrew Johns

Bob McCowan (2)
I witnessed back in 2020 Marist vs Padua 10A's and to add onto what you just said the 8/12 duo between Aiden Hunter and Mitchell Ney carved up with strong ball running from Mitchell and Aiden on support almost 90% of the time, this led them to many line breaks through many odd loads that season, I've heard the young will Adams too being possibly put in the centres or never the less possibly Noah Harney slotting back in there if he can make the comeback from his long term injury, it will be great to watch how this high teams pan out of the season with the depth among Padua, but also Marist and iona too I believe. these are the top 3 contenders I believe.

I witnessed back in 2020 Marist vs Padua 10A's and to add onto what you just said the 8/12 duo between Aiden Hunter and Mitchell Ney carved up with strong ball running from Mitchell and Aiden on support almost 90% of the time, this led them to many line breaks through many odd loads that season, I've heard the young will Adams too being possibly put in the centres or never the less possibly Noah Harney slotting back in there if he can make the comeback from his long term injury, it will be great to watch how this high teams pan out of the season with the depth among Padua, but also Marist and iona too I believe. these are the top 3 contenders I believe.
Padua playing Marist on marists old boy day huge game that one

theaicanalyse

Bob McCowan (2)
I would just like to put it out there that Padua will unfortunately not have their outside centre, Aiden Hunter, after he signed a deal with a union rugby squad over in Japan and is currently training there instead and is unable to be in the 30 man squad... He also suffered an ACL injury early last year, which put him out for the 2021 season, but apparently was a "force" in the 10A's alongside Noah Harney in the centres. Also, Mitch Ney, who played a few games in the 1sts of 2021 (he even broke a MCA kid's ribs in the trial when playing 2nds) for Padua, was a wrecking ball running forward when playing alongside Aiden in the 10A's and they really gelled well together as an 8/12 combo. Padua will have to look elsewhere to the likes of Tom Wachtel, who recently joined the college and has the fattest 100m sprint of the entire squad... Or even putting Will Adams in the centres?

Attached is what the Water Gush (the team Aiden Hunter signed to) posted in mid-December after signing the young star.
That's really impressive from aiden hunter I haven't heard a bar of him, to be honest. There has been a lot of noise out of pats with harry stock declining a rugby scholarship from nudge at the start of the year.

Anyone got any team lists or tours details I believe Marist are going to Sydney and pats have a trial game this weekend otherwise aic rugby seems pretty dead at the moment anyone want to give there 5cents

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Believe that Marist are playing Joeys over the first weekend of the holidays

Bluebag

Banned
That's really impressive from aiden hunter I haven't heard a bar of him, to be honest. There has been a lot of noise out of pats with harry stock declining a rugby scholarship from nudge at the start of the year.

You haven't heard bar of him because it's BS, Quick check of the Water Gush squad confirms that. Looks like the Villa dribblers have dropped the baton and the Padua boys have picked it up and run with it. Amusing though.

Bluebag

Banned
Believe that Marist are playing Joeys over the first weekend of the holidays

That's my mail. Word is they are playing the 2nds though, which is disappointing if true. Marist Canberra usually play Joey's 1sts each year and normally cop a pasting, I think 2 wins in about 40 years, but hardens them up for their own comp.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone got any team lists or tours details I believe Marist are going to Sydney and pats have a trial game this weekend otherwise aic rugby seems pretty dead at the moment anyone want to give there 5cents
Plenty of lads playing in the Junior Colts lightning series. Norths/Padua, Souths/Lauries, Springfield/SPLC, Easts/Villa etc. Plenty of good early season rugby being played and some massive units running around as well. SPLC have a lightning backline and with a couple more key forwards could be a definite smokey this year.

Footy Fanatic

Frank Row (1)
Amazing news that jonah walker won't be playing. I'm astonished that he was even in the squad, He went from playing 4th's so amazed that he was improved to make there 45

theaicanalyse

Bob McCowan (2)
You haven't heard bar of him because it's BS, Quick check of the Water Gush squad confirms that. Looks like the Villa dribblers have dropped the baton and the Padua boys have picked it up and run with it. Amusing though.
honestly having a good laugh at them, there will always be some schoolboys posting.

MCA Predicted Teamlist
1. Harry Gould
2. ?
3. ?
4. Pat Gavin?
5. Gilbert Donaldson
6. Toby Anderson
7. Dan Witt
8. Riley Canavan
9. Played 9 last year unsure of name
10. ?
11. Chastyn Creek
12. ?
13. Tasman Barry
14. Tom Howard
15. Pat Tierny

This is similar to the 10a Side and believe will be Ashgrove's strongest any other opinions??

MCA Predicted Teamlist
1. Harry Gould
2. ?
3. ?
4. Pat Gavin?
5. Gilbert Donaldson
6. Toby Anderson
7. Dan Witt
8. Riley Canavan
9. Played 9 last year unsure of name
10. ?
11. Chastyn Creek
12. ?
13. Tasman Barry
14. Tom Howard
15. Pat Tierny

This is similar to the 10a Side and believe will be Ashgrove's strongest any other opinions??
3. Charlie gribble
12. would like to see pat tierny have a crack

hahaha, plenty of ways to skin a cat. I work in talent ID for a sports management company. Almost 100% of our time is spent watching the 12/13/14's in the BJRU competition on a Sunday. This competition is the best rugby competition in Qld - better than the GPS competition, the AIC, and any of the other comps around Qld at the same age groups. Of course kids in the AIC are playing in this comp so we dont need to watch the AIC games , if these kids are good enough they obviously want to be showcased in the best competition to help them get a contract, no different to a kid who is good at science taking up an academic scholarship so they they can try and forge their career in the sciences