• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
hahaha, plenty of ways to skin a cat. I work in talent ID for a sports management company. Almost 100% of our time is spent watching the 12/13/14's in the BJRU competition on a Sunday. This competition is the best rugby competition in Qld - better than the GPS competition, the AIC, and any of the other comps around Qld at the same age groups. Of course kids in the AIC are playing in this comp so we dont need to watch the AIC games , if these kids are good enough they obviously want to be showcased in the best competition to help them get a contract, no different to a kid who is good at science taking up an academic scholarship so they they can try and forge their career in the sciences
Yep it's an interesting point - 7 games over the course of a year in the AIC competition isn't the only time many of these top level and sought after players are going to be playing.

I feel like this will make the administrators at the AIC schools feel a bit more comfortable, but the reality is, it's only a small percentage of the time they'll spend on the field that year and able to be identified.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
hahaha, plenty of ways to skin a cat. I work in talent ID for a sports management company. Almost 100% of our time is spent watching the 12/13/14's in the BJRU competition on a Sunday. This competition is the best rugby competition in Qld - better than the GPS competition, the AIC, and any of the other comps around Qld at the same age groups. Of course kids in the AIC are playing in this comp so we dont need to watch the AIC games , if these kids are good enough they obviously want to be showcased in the best competition to help them get a contract, no different to a kid who is good at science taking up an academic scholarship so they they can try and forge their career in the sciences
Really,?your kidding yourself ,name 1 kid who has a contract with a rugby union team in any of those age groups ?,I think the management team you work for,are having a lend of you mate, all the other management companies are at the junior league games...

Really,?your kidding yourself ,name 1 kid who has a contract with a rugby union team in any of those age groups ?,I think the management team you work for,are having a lend of you mate, all the other management companies are at the junior league games...
Totally agree more boys in the AIC first teams would play more league than they do union especially the big names such as Mikael Imbrahim, Andrew De Jager, Larry Siala and many more boys.

Totally agree more boys in the AIC first teams would play more league than they do union especially the big names such as Mikael Imbrahim, Andrew De Jager, Larry Siala and many more boys.
Those boys named and the others in Mal teams will have a lot to prove this year. Will make for a great contest.

cant sign them at that age, however i do know of 6 kids in that age we manage that have been provided 100% scholarships to GPS schools and will be snapped up by clubs either here or overseas before they finish school

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Brisbane Lions running a skills session at the St Laurence’s Open Day. I get we can’t match their budget, and they are really trying to cultivate SLC as an AFL school of excellence, but far out I’d love to see the Reds do something similar there. (Maybe they are and I don’t know about it!)

Then at Iona this weekend the Wynnum Seagulls are playing a Q Cup game on the Main Oval.

Went out to Ashgrove today to watch the trial against downlands awful games from both teams Marist went down 27-28 a game were they scored 5 tries but couldn’t convert poor preformance from the MCA boys standout was number 12 unsure of name other than things don’t look good for MCA

Went out to Ashgrove today to watch the trial against downlands awful games from both teams Marist went down 27-28 a game were they scored 5 tries but couldn’t convert poor preformance from the MCA boys standout was number 12 unsure of name other than things don’t look good for MCA
Also to add second rower from last year patty Gavin I saw on the bench with no crutches or brace looks like he will be ready for footy this year

Bluebag

Banned
Awful's a bit harsh. First hit outs are always a bit rusty. Definitely some positives - coming back from 19-5 down after letting in 2 long range tries in 2 minutes the boys showed a lot of character. Agree 12 was best on field for MCA. Pat Tierney played well at 10 and Barry at 13 was solid. Tom Howard, yr 10, looks to have cemented his position with a strong display after coming on as a reserve. Scored with his first touch off a well worked backline move and set one up with a blistering 70m break out of his own 22. Set piece needs some work though. Scrum was on skates all day against a very big Downlands pack, huge front row that would be as big as any GPS front row. Line out was very shaky too, looked clueless at times. Plenty of work there, and yes, goal kicking was very poor. Hopefully can sort it out on the Sydney tour.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did anyone catch the Padua Vs ATC trial game last Saturday?

Yep. Wasn’t a contest. Padua just played simple well drilled rugby. ATC missing a bunch of top players but you’d have to expect Padua were too. Depth the difference.