• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Boys need to learn how to use the Queens English - "absolutely abolished" - What word where you tiring for?

TheLopsidedLurker

Stan Wickham (3)
MCA have cancelled all games below 1STS/2NDS and A/B teams. Bit skeptical of why some teams can play and not others... seems they might be embarrassed of their lack of depth compared to other years and instead of taking it, their hiding... soft.

Hey guys, I have heard that 5ths,4ths, and 3rds are unable to play on the weekend in the Padus VS MCA clash, so new recruit Harvey Boyd will be fresh as he usually plays every grade including 1st's when he isn't studying for chemistry.

MrMuscles43

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys, I have heard that 5ths,4ths, and 3rds are unable to play on the weekend in the Padus VS MCA clash, so new recruit Harvey Boyd will be fresh as he usually plays every grade including 1st's when he isn't studying for chemistry.
can anyone confirm this? not sure if i want to be trusting someone with the name 'rumpelstiltskin'........

MCA have cancelled all games below 1STS/2NDS and A/B teams. Bit skeptical of why some teams can play and not others... seems they might be embarrassed of their lack of depth compared to other years and instead of taking it, their hiding... soft.
I am furious as the father of kids who go to both Padua and Marist, they are both absolute grass pickers and play c's and d's (I have failed as a father) my son from Padua had just been moved up to the c's this weekend so I'm devastated with the cancelation I was looking forward to my sons to have a fight to the death, resulting in the losing son getting kicked to the curb and abandoned. Go Marist!!!!

Michael Hooper

Frank Row (1)
Are you serious? This is outrageous!!! Do they not care about these boys' future? Just because they aren't as good as the 1sts and 2nds doesn't mean they should cancel their games. I feel bad for the guys putting the effort in and then cancelling their game.

theaicanalyse

Bob McCowan (2)
Are you serious? This is outrageous!!! Do they not care about these boys' future? Just because they aren't as good as the 1sts and 2nds doesn't mean they should cancel their games. I feel bad for the guys putting the effort in and then cancelling their game.
Michael, you can't tell me that you were planning on watching any of the canceled games.

OldSchool79

Frank Row (1)
I am assuming this is rain related so here is my 2 cents.
It seems to be that the slightest hint of rain and rugby is called off lately. I get that last week it was torrential, however, it is getting rather silly. Yes sports fields are used for many sports but are they there to be played on or to be looked at? Seriously.
Rugby is a winter sport and to call off any rugby games because of rain is beyond stupid. Are we playing rugby or tiddly winks?Why have sports fields in the first place if you aren’t going to play on them. It seems we care more about bloody grass (which grows back) than we do about kids playing sport.
Say what you want, but fields recover and rugby needs to be played rain, or shine (not lightning, I get that one)
I also coached in NZ and Ireland and this wouldn’t be considered. It seems to be an Australian thing.

darrenlockyer

Frank Row (1)
I am assuming this is rain related so here is my 2 cents.
It seems to be that the slightest hint of rain and rugby is called off lately. I get that last week it was torrential, however, it is getting rather silly. Yes sports fields are used for many sports but are they there to be played on or to be looked at? Seriously.
Rugby is a winter sport and to call off any rugby games because of rain is beyond stupid. Are we playing rugby or tiddly winks?Why have sports fields in the first place if you aren’t going to play on them. It seems we care more about bloody grass (which grows back) than we do about kids playing sport.
Say what you want, but fields recover and rugby needs to be played rain, or shine (not lightning, I get that one)
I also coached in NZ and Ireland and this wouldn’t be considered. It seems to be an Australian thing.
Good post Oldschool79. this is completely true, schools seem to care more about grass than the limited time the boys have to prove themselves. It is a seriously corrupted way of mind that these schools seem to possess. all in all, I want to see the talent the aic has on offer and these decisions have ruined this.

OldSchool79

Frank Row (1)
Good post Oldschool79. this is completely true, schools seem to care more about grass than the limited time the boys have to prove themselves. It is a seriously corrupted way of mind that these schools seem to possess. all in all, I want to see the talent the aic has on offer and these decisions have ruined this.
100% not just AIC either.
I worked at one school and it was raining during training when the grounds staff and principal said I might have to call off training for 1st XV. I said no, we kept training. Their reasoning-it was open day the next day plus the oval was at the front of the school so they wanted it looking nice. I told them, if they are that worried then obviously they don’t have any faith in the grounds staff so should possibly hire better ones (among a few other things related to physical activity).
Let’s just say, I don’t work there anymore.
You are 100% right, it doesn’t matter if it’s A’s or Z’s these kids just want to play and we are killing the game through decisions like this.

As a side note, the QLD lawn bowls state titles was played last weekend through the rain. Was not called off, players played through it. FFS, why was Rugby called off then?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As a side note, the QLD lawn bowls state titles was played last weekend through the rain. Was not called off, players played through it. FFS, why was Rugby called off then?

It was on the Gold Coast. They didn’t get as much of rain as up here.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
It was on the Gold Coast. They didn’t get as much of rain as up here.
Really? Then why have trial games been relocated for GPS schools to Ippy because TSS fields can't handle it? There was as much rain down there. It's beyond a joke. The argument of safety is null and void. It's about keeping the grounds looking pretty and we all know it. Does my head in,