• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Villa won tough today in terrible conditions. Next week they face Lauries - not sure they have the firepower to overcome the black and gold but I don’t think SLC should take them lightly. Some nice set moves and if it had been a dry track i dare say they would have beaten Pats by plenty. The Villa maul is a weapon of a choice. Should be a Lauries win against them next week but if Laurie’s turn up and think they are just going to roll them then that would be a mistake. New coach Eddie Harris has Villa playing above their ability on paper.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great day at Marist yesterday. Good crowd, hundreds of old boys holding up the Cyprian pavilion, and a cracking game. Disappointed for the boys who had their games cancelled at the 11th hour, but glad the firsts got to play around the grounds. Considering the conditions it was a fast open game with the boys showcasing some great skills on both teams. Marist played the conditions better for the W, but Padua put up a good fight. Got a bit scrappy in the last 15 mins but the boys would have been knackered so understandable.

Best for MCA were the halves Harry Condon and Pat Tierney who hardly made an error. Tasman Barry in the centres was a powerhouse and made big carries all day, and set up a beautiful try for his centre partner Dan Witt, who proved he should have been there all year. And the forwards hunted like a pack with some of the younger boys really standing up. And kudos to the ref for not going to his pocket for 2 offences in the first half that I've seen less get a yellow for. Good sense prevailed.

McMahon oval looked like a real rugby ground by full time, muddy as hell!

Thanks to all the schools for making the effort for the round to go ahead. Most of these boys only get 1 season in the firsts, they deserve the opportunity.

Gotta love rugby.

TheWaterBoy44

Frank Row (1)
Did anyone stand up for Padua with their upsetting loss??
Once again prop Andrew De Jager was a workhorse all around the ground in terrible conditions. While there was a bit going on in the backline with sloppy execution, the number 12 (I think Is captain) was a clear target for Marist's set-piece attack. He held his own all game long with some key defence. Towards the final 10 or so minutes, he did come from the field after a solid shot on a much larger number 13, not sure how they will line up this week against a rampaging eddies side.

minchmunch

Banned
i think prop Andrew De Jager was actually quite disappointing. I believe he should be taking more carries throughout the game to help get his team over the advantage line.
Once again prop Andrew De Jager was a workhorse all around the ground in terrible conditions. While there was a bit going on in the backline with sloppy execution, the number 12 (I think Is captain) was a clear target for Marist's set-piece attack. He held his own all game long with some key defence. Towards the final 10 or so minutes, he did come from the field after a solid shot on a much larger number 13, not sure how they will line up this week against a rampaging eddies side.

TheLopsidedLurker

Stan Wickham (3)
Courier Team of the Week Round 5

1. Prop: Liam Maher (Villanova College)
2. Dan Mavunda (St Edmunds)
3. Moe Koroi (St Peters)
4. Larry Siala (St Edmunds)
5. Jackson Moloney (Villanova College)
6. Dean Laws (St Patrick’s College)
7. Joe Nadenic (St Laurence’s College)
8. Barney Radel (St Peters)
9. Tafito Falaniko Ah-Ki (St Edmunds)
10. Kane Kaatz (St Edmunds)
11. Jirra Twist (St Peters)
12. Mikael Ibrahim (St Laurence’s College)
13. Connor Moloney (Villanova College)
14. James Boland (St Patrick’s College)
15. Pat Tierney (Marist Ashgrove)

Reserves
16. Vice Latu (St Peters)
17. Darcy Rowan (St Laurence’s College)
18. Larry Clark (Villanova College)
19. Jack Billing (Marist College Ashgrove)
20. Drew Smith (Iona College)
21. Jack Gleeson (St Edmunds)
22. Jack Leo (Iona)

MrMuscles43

Bob McCowan (2)
Courier Team of the Week Round 5

1. Prop: Liam Maher (Villanova College)
2. Dan Mavunda (St Edmunds)
3. Moe Koroi (St Peters)
4. Larry Siala (St Edmunds)
5. Jackson Moloney (Villanova College)
6. Dean Laws (St Patrick’s College)
7. Joe Nadenic (St Laurence’s College)
8. Barney Radel (St Peters)
9. Tafito Falaniko Ah-Ki (St Edmunds)
10. Kane Kaatz (St Edmunds)
11. Jirra Twist (St Peters)
12. Mikael Ibrahim (St Laurence’s College)
13. Connor Moloney (Villanova College)
14. James Boland (St Patrick’s College)
15. Pat Tierney (Marist Ashgrove)

Reserves
16. Vice Latu (St Peters)
17. Darcy Rowan (St Laurence’s College)
18. Larry Clark (Villanova College)
19. Jack Billing (Marist College Ashgrove)
20. Drew Smith (Iona College)
21. Jack Gleeson (St Edmunds)
22. Jack Leo (Iona)
Has to be some sort of robbery of Harvey Boyd from Padua here, week in week out he gives it his all, just disrespectful that he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

LANCEALOT

Stan Wickham (3)
very agreeable Minchmunch i found Andrew de jager performance highly disappointing as well, i drove out to Ashgrove to be met with sloppy footy, Padua struggled to adjust to the wet weather footy and it showed on the scoreline, if Padua play the same structure footy this week against eddies, i believe a big scoreline could be in place in favor of eddies.
Honestly I thought you guys would of worked it out by now, Padua don't care about this rugby season. They are purely going through the motions preparing for the coming years which they predict success. They have always treated this year 12 cohort with disrespect having up to 7 year 11 boys in the firsts to give them experience. No teachers wanted to coach them or bother to take on the challenge to build something special. I think Padua call it RUGBY IQ. I feel for these boys because it looks to me that its all about the future. Padua told the boys they were all going on a rugby tour up to NQ, weeks went by nothing. As for Andrew De jager, he is a pretty special player, plays prop but throws in the line out as no hookers were developed over the years. He really should of gone to Nudgee to give himself the best chance of being picked up on the market after school days with an NRL or rugby franchise.

bolo.lou.kama

Frank Row (1)
Honestly I thought you guys would of worked it out by now, Padua don't care about this rugby season. They are purely going through the motions preparing for the coming years which they predict success. They have always treated this year 12 cohort with disrespect having up to 7 year 11 boys in the firsts to give them experience. No teachers wanted to coach them or bother to take on the challenge to build something special. I think Padua call it RUGBY IQ. I feel for these boys because it looks to me that its all about the future. Padua told the boys they were all going on a rugby tour up to NQ, weeks went by nothing. As for Andrew De jager, he is a pretty special player, plays prop but throws in the line out as no hookers were developed over the years. He really should of gone to Nudgee to give himself the best chance of being picked up on the market after school days with an NRL or rugby franchise.
Let's talk about how good eddies has been this year. A huge win over a strong Ashgrove side and an immaculate win over Iona last week. This week they have Padua and to be honest I think eddies will dominate this Padua side. Eddies have been the underdogs this year with a lot of people focusing on schools such as Iona, and Ashgrove and with last year's premiership Laurie's. I drove out to watch the match of the day, the Eddies vs Iona game on the weekend, and to say that the Eddies played well is an absolute understatement. With the weather in place, drop balls and sloppy structure were expected but Eddies quickly adapted to the weather and held Iona scoreless in the first half which many schools struggle with. Eddies quickly shut Iona's chances down early in the second half with a brilliant play executed by the two front-rowers and with an amazing try assist from Bailey Ward, an up and coming future prospect for the future. To complement the two tries from eddies, Tafito Ahki, a shifty scrumhalf who's well known, struck two penalty goals to put eddies in front by 18. With 10 minutes left, Iona holds onto the ball, and with one player down on the Eddies try-line, Iona takes advantage and scores a quick try to gain back momentum. But Eddies quickly switch back and hold their defensive line and win the game. Good luck to all Aic playing this Saturday. It will be good to see how Villa holds up to Premiership favorites, Lauries.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who comes into the team next year to strengthen them?

youdadsbald4305

Frank Row (1)
cheers for the insider analysis lancealot