• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

MrMuscles43

Bob McCowan (2)
Great comeback from Padua today against Iona, ending in a draw. Centers for Padua carved up, Calef “Caveman” Johnson and Ritch Mogers. John Steinmetz on the bench supported well and really brought the energy. Andrew De Jager died from a shoulder charge but despite that kept going. Iona played a great game but just couldn’t put 2 halves together.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great comeback from Padua today against Iona, ending in a draw. Centers for Padua carved up, Calef “Caveman” Johnson and Ritch Mogers. John Steinmetz on the bench supported well and really brought the energy. Andrew De Jager died from a shoulder charge but despite that kept going. Iona played a great game but just couldn’t put 2 halves together.
What’s wrong with Iona?!? Extremely Disappointing

Anyone have a game report on this one......a bit of an upset considering Marist appeared to be back on track.
Absolute domination from the men in the maroon butcher stripes. Didn't let Ashgrove in and put 4 quick tries on them in the first half. To put it simply, Marist "didn't want it". The 'whiz kid' Prichard on full display again - as well as the forwards dominating them in the scrum, and then the backs running rampage through the Marist's defensive backline. Absolute blow out win. Peters could create a highlight reel from their defensive efforts. Definitely upset of the season. Also hearing out of St Peters that their flyhalf is 15 years old, and was laying shots out on the Marists forwards and their fullback (ouch) - dangerous signs for future years. Even D Miles couldn't save the performance that SPLC showcased.

Paul G

Frank Row (1)
Im sorry but who on this green earth does the reports for courier mail. Not only was last weekends wrap up a complete shambles, the team of the week included people who did things they didnt. I dont want to single out but watching the peters game it is ridiculous to not put Kayden in the team and have other 'nobodies' represented in the news.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Im sorry but who on this green earth does the reports for courier mail. Not only was last weekends wrap up a complete shambles, the team of the week included people who did things they didnt. I dont want to single out but watching the peters game it is ridiculous to not put Kayden in the team and have other 'nobodies' represented in the news.
thats schoolboy rugby !!!!! promote the ones in the purple circle ie who is fingering who?

Bledisloe

Herbert Moran (7)
Last game of rugby for most of the lads this Sat.
Hope everyone stays injury free and has a thrilling finish to their year….go hard men!
What’s everyone predictions?
IMO Eddie’s to just get over Laurie’s for the title.
Padua to just get home against Villa at Banyo.
Ashgrove to smash Pats.
Peter’s to punish Iona.

John Randlo

Frank Row (1)
Hope everyone stays injury free and has a thrilling finish to their year….go hard men!
Ashgrove to smash Pats.
Peter’s to punish Iona.
Ashgrove to smash pats, your a joker mate!

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Ashgrove to smash Pats.
Peter’s to punish Iona.
SLC fan here so I’m definitely hoping for a Lauries victory tomorrow, but it sounds like Eddie’s have been excellent. I haven’t seen any of their matches but sounds like there’s some super talent there. Good luck to both teams tomorrow!

John Randlo

Frank Row (1)
SLC fan here so I’m definitely hoping for a Lauries victory tomorrow, but it sounds like Eddie’s have been excellent. I haven’t seen any of their matches but sounds like there’s some super talent there. Good luck to both teams tomorrow!
Eddies form has not been excellent, been the worst I've seen in years and Lauries reminded me of the 2015 all blacks!

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)

I reckon I will be on the money!
Depends if Marist can replicate their form against Padua and Iona, Inconsistency seems to be an issue with them. Pats strengths are in their backs, judging by the CM reports. If MCA can shut them down like they did with ease last year with the so called player of the AIC season, as Andrew Webster (journo) would have us believe, then they should win. Either way, both teams are simply playing for pride and good luck to them.

We should all be talking about the first final game GF I can recall - SEC v SLC. Will be an absolute cracker and reckon there will be the biggest crowd at Tivoli in history. I'm backing Eddies to win to lift the whole town, but they will need to disrupt SLC all day and tackle like men possessed. Would love to be there. Those who are please update inside the huddle on proceedings.

Good luck to all boys tomorrow.