• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks & All Blacks XV Tours 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) was probably no more able at 14 than he has been at 12 from what I saw tonight, certainly nothing to suggest he should be in Black.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully Ta'avao's injury isn't too serious. He's a little lower in the pecking order than six months ago but surely still in the top five or six tightheads.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only change is ALB for Tupaea. Still carrying Ennor and Tuivasa-Sheck. Perofeta made it, which was nice. Hopefully he gets some serious minutes against Japan, at the least. Still carrying Ennor, Tuivasa-Sheck, and a full two ye olde timering hookers though ffs.

FemLIH9VIAABUnp

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also not sure if this suggests McNuggets will be left to loiter at fullback instead of getting stuck into the midfield :/

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unavailable for selection due to injury - Ethan Blackadder, Jack Goodhue, Josh Lord, Joe Moody and Quinn Tupaea.

Wonder who they'd have left out had those guys been available?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Unavailable for selection due to injury - Ethan Blackadder, Jack Goodhue, Josh Lord, Joe Moody and Quinn Tupaea.

Wonder who they'd have left out had those guys been available?
Well how about Sotutu,Ennor,Akira,? and RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck), not sure which lock would miss out. No real surprises to me, DMac a slight one, but happy to see Perofeta get the gig. One thing you can bet on, there is generally a few unlucky players when squad is named, and long may it continue.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Well how about Sotutu,Ennor,Akira,? and RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck), not sure which lock would miss out. No real surprises to me, DMac a slight one, but happy to see Perofeta get the gig. One thing you can bet on, there is generally a few unlucky players when squad is named, and long may it continue.

I don't think both Sotutu and Akira would be dropped in that instance. A prop would have to be dropped for Moody, probably Bower. I'd say Lord would come in for Vaai.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't think both Sotutu and Akira would be dropped in that instance. A prop would have to be dropped for Moody, probably Bower. I'd say Lord would come in for Vaai.
I only thought of Akira if Lord was available as I thought that Barrett would be free to play 6, not an anti Akira thing, just see Barrett at 6 as something the coaches are keen on. I thought maybe Sotutu for Blakadder, once again not really saying I want it strongly, but was trying to come up with names if they were involved. But wouldn't argue your points either, can see the sense in them .

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Assume Zarn Sullivan's injury has rules him out?

EDIT: And no Hodgman?

Yeah Zarn still hasn't returned from injury yet.

Hodgman is weird - he's completely fallen out of favour - perhaps Ryan isn't a fan.

A big fall from grace for Pita Gus Sowakula (assuming he is fit)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Very much agree with selections, George Bell a good one at 2, and Mikaele-Tu'u is a pleasing one. So all in all good!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foster said on Breakdown last night that AB not in that week's matchday 23 might be loaned to the XV.

Happy enough with the team, surprised they went with McAlister ahead of Thompson but no real WTF? selections or non-selections to speak of.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Codie Taylor is not AB level….I’d rather see someone young or someone who has room to improve. We have seen the best of Taylor and Coles already fills the ‘old man Mealamu’ spot.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as I've posted a few times now I'd have only had one of Coles & Taylor in the main squad but ATM both are in the top six so the other has to be in the XV unless of course you're going full development XV. FWIW I'd have gone AB Samisoni, Aumua & Taylor, XV Coles, Thompson & Bell so as above I'm surprised to see McAlister there but they've clearly made a judgement call for him over Thompson & I'm OK with that on the basis that neither would/ will let us down.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I quite like the idea of these 3 hookers being given a chance to impress on the All Black XV and in pole position for next in line should one of the top 3 hookers be out of form or injured.

I'm a fan of Aumua but i'm not sold carving up in NPC level translates to tests. If he can prove himself on this tour that will go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.