• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks tour of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Alternatively who is the number 8 who is so good that he pushes one of the best 8s out of his position. Don't forget 8 is the position that Savea is playing, the position he was picked in WR (World Rugby) team of the year last 2021. I actually struggling to think of any world class 8s we got at moment, we got one or 2 who look like they may go alright, but none that I watch and think hell you are as good as Ardie is there, in a tight test.
Of course he was picked at 8 - that's where he plays at the moment.

Is he a better 7 than Cane or not?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Of course he was picked at 8 - that's where he plays at the moment.

Is he a better 7 than Cane or not?
Not at 7 as he doesn't play there. But I genuinely think Cane is a lot better 7 than many give him credit for anyway. Only my opinion , but I believe in test rugby you need a 7 who does a lot of cleaning up, in defence and around rucks etc, also someone who keeps himself involved in game all the time, I think Ardie loses some of his special skills while there, like carrying the ball, especially out wide.

And alternately, I can't think of an 8 who is better than Ardie as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.