• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks tour of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Much better performance by the AB's. An arm wrestling but the darkness were on their game a lot more tonight.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well, the AB's played bloody bloody well. That forward pack was absolutely immense almost all round. The backs took their fair share of high takes this week, authoritative. Couple of brain farts which cost us points but mistakes happen. Ardie for captain, coach and PM.

Not sure why the Boks didn't pick their best 15 from the start but it hurt them. Who the fuck taught their backline to pass? They can be bloody dangerous out there, and fast as flip.

I don't understand endless advantages. It truly makes no sense. If you almost score a try why do you get to go back multiple phases. You've already taken a better position than what you started.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You have give credit to the South African crowd. Stadiums at capacity and into the anthems like nobody;s business. The AB's performance saved Fosters job tonight.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
One thing you know. The Kiwis will be salty, the South African's will be salty....hopefully the Wallabies will dent their collective mojos sooooo fn bad hahahahahhah.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think the AB's adjusted their tempo tonight and the Boks were only able to get to 90% effort of last week. That was enough to turn the tide.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally I c thought close to MOTM has to be Jason Ryan as forwards coach, ABs won that game because they won f***en good front foot ball. Sam W was my best player pretty closely followed by Scott Barrett and Frizzel , they made sure there were bodies feeling them at breakdown and ran Frizzel was carrying close to breakdown, Savea was his usual amazing self too. Backline then got to play with freedom and so could do their stuff.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's nice that we didn't have to plunge the depths of anything like 57-0, but Foster can still jog on.

EDIT: Put another way, 1/4th of Robertson's coaching setup has managed to do a good job of plugging the leaks in his area of expertise after a few weeks. So we can imagine what the full setup might do with a years worth of effort. Sure it may not be RWC winning off that short leadup time, but I think it would be safe to say it would definitely be better that what we've seen since 2020.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone else notice that when Smith ran for what seems like the first time this decade he made easy metres, most likely 'cos bokke just weren't expecting it & were set up for the kick (two men dropping deep) or pass (Pollard & midfield moving up & in)?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Alltime Epic Rugby Football Test Match.

With Fozzie's Fozzberried Flops up early I couldnt believe SA were going to play fawst and loose and take the AB's on at their running rugby game..... but thats exactly what they did. Possibly to their detriment. But not to the viewers detriment. Fantastic watch.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The coolest part of the entire occasion might've been Fletcher Newell's dad getting hurriedly flown over to watch live as his boy makes his debut test match for the All Blacks of New Zealand...... and the team wins an alltime epic test match at Ellis Pawk.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I only skimmed through large parts but he did seem to be a better performance than I've ever seen from him against a major opponent (or Fiji). In saying that, I still think there's good reason to give Grace a real go at blindside. Even without considering big man Frizell's off-field indiscretions, to put it politely.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Props did the biz. Need to move on from fluffbrained dingbat Ofa and Karl T and Nepo the Immobile

Wifebelter Frizzle went ok but still had too many titty-handed fuckups. But Akira just seems too static on attack these days so FFSFozzie will probably keep the woman bashing arsehole

Rieko actually looked like a centre but Havili was still lost in space. Need to move on from this guy

CC's place should be up for grabs. God knows what Sevu Reece has done wrong. Apart from all the gloating and head rubbing and hollywooding and woman bashing. On 2nd thoughts, fuck him.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
zoom-zoom-in.gif

maybe-lavell-crawford.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The GIF Screenshotter Team, in mothballs for the entire AB season, have been placed on Emergency Defcon 1 Recall Status.

IBM_Cape+Kennedy_Launch+Control+Center_th.jpg

The excitement is palpable!

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
The Kiwi panic merchant social media mob can take a chill pill. All is restored. Your beloved dud side with a dud coach finally pulled out a win.. talk about go overboard. This ain’t no dud side in my book.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Kiwi panic merchant social media mob can take a chill pill. All is restored. Your beloved dud side with a dud coach finally pulled out a win.. talk about go overboard. This ain’t no dud side in my book.
You right Light , a few of our lot like to hit panic button and not accept that good teams get beaten by othar good teams at times. Not saying we got a WC winning team or anything, but they still there or thereabouts, which will do me for now. Not many teams in any sport win all the time.
Mind you when they do it does raise expectations a bit.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
You right Light , a few of our lot like to hit panic button and not accept that good teams get beaten by othar good teams at times. Not saying we got a WC winning team or anything, but they still there or thereabouts, which will do me for now. Not many teams in any sport win all the time.
Mind you when they do it does raise expectations a bit.
You my friend are one of the sane ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.