• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks tour of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bok team will be announce tomorrow. Duanne Vermeulen back, hope Gelant get a chance on the wing. Would like to see at least Ox and Tank to get a run.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Na fuck that. He controlled the game fairly well but you can't excuse him letting Arendse off with that early challenge on Jordie Barrett. No way near the ball, clatters into the player, not even a fucking penalty. Of course, what happens... he thinks he can just fly into an aerial contest with no thought and nearly breaks a players neck, let alone his own.
Arendse is use to dodge gangster bullets in Chicago Paarl where hevgrow up.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Arendse is use to dodge gangster bullets in Chicago Paarl where hevgrow up.
Maybe he had a tough upbringing, but to only get four weeks for a tackle that nearly broke a players neck is a very poor reflection on the judiciary.

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
1) I agree on Arendse. Sometimes, the greatest danger is posed not by the malicious, but by the blind exuberance. BB could easily have broken his neck. Of course Arendse didn't mean to take BB out, but neither did he at any point consider any level of safety.
2) On Vermeulen coming back, good grief. The Boks are loaded with enough loosies to form a team of just loosies. The proven WC winners aside, there's still Fourie, Louw, Roos, Coetzee, Van Staden, the Du Preez brothers, Elstart where does this end? Also, is Duane still first choice at the end of it all?

Also, so much talent in the props. It's a little surprising that Nyakane has shifted to loosehead, but he was good.
And between Marx and Mbonagmbi, sure Marx has to be the starting hooker? I thought he has been the better hooker since the WC.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe he had a tough upbringing, but to only get four weeks for a tackle that nearly broke a players neck is a very poor reflection on the judiciary.

It's mid-range 8 weeks with the standard 50% reduction to 4 games. Typically suspensions are 6 weeks low range 50% reduction down to 3 weeks.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bokke make five changes:

Damian Willemse, Jesse Kriel, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi, Handre Pollard, Jaden Hendrikse; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (capt), Lood de Jager, Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Bongi Mbonambi, Ox Nche. Reserves: Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Franco Mostert, Jasper Wiese, Kwagga Smith, Hershel Jantjies, Willie le Roux.

Hurld reports that Will Jordan has a tummy bag & didn't train yesterday. JBar trained but with a heavily-strapped ankle & didn't do any kicking. Beaugan was on tv saying his neck was all good. Team naming late tomorrow NZ time.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bokke make five changes:

Damian Willemse, Jesse Kriel, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi, Handre Pollard, Jaden Hendrikse; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (capt), Lood de Jager, Eben Etzebeth, Frans Malherbe, Bongi Mbonambi, Ox Nche. Reserves: Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Franco Mostert, Jasper Wiese, Kwagga Smith, Hershel Jantjies, Willie le Roux.

Hurld reports that Will Jordan has a tummy bag & didn't train yesterday. JBar trained but with a heavily-strapped ankle & didn't do any kicking. Beaugan was on tv saying his neck was all good. Team naming late tomorrow NZ time.
I actually wonder if there been something wrong with Jordan for a while WOB, he just not the Jordan we have seen over the past.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I actually wonder if there been something wrong with Jordan for a while WOB, he just not the Jordan we have seen over the past.

There's a bit of difference between playing fullback for the Crusaders machine and playing wing for this AB team which is an absolute rabble. He still looks dangerous when he gets put in the right positions (see his try in Wellington and the run he had on the weekend where he got ankle tapped).

It's very difficult for a winger to shine in this system (i'm not even sure you could call it a system?) - the attack doesn't open up space for our dangerous ball runners nearly enough - apart from the odd nice in ball (see the breaks mentioned above) - it's basically just given to them with very little room and asking them to make something out of nothing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There's a bit of difference between playing fullback for the Crusaders machine and playing wing for this AB team which is an absolute rabble. He still looks dangerous when he gets put in the right positions (see his try in Wellington and the run he had on the weekend where he got ankle tapped).

It's very difficult for a winger to shine in this system (i'm not even sure you could call it a system?) - the attack doesn't open up space for our dangerous ball runners nearly enough - apart from the odd nice in ball (see the breaks mentioned above) - it's basically just given to them with very little room and asking them to make something out of nothing.
Will take that up to a point, but really apart from a 20 second burst in test in Wellington, he has done nothing, he looks quite lost or disinterested, well I thought in particular in Wellington where I was watching him quite a bit for a whaile trying to see him do something. I am struggling to remember him chasing a kick or actually jumping to receive a kick, or even going looking for ball. I know he miles better than that, and still think he seems not to good. In saying that he didn't go very good against Boks last year.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Will take that up to a point, but really apart from a 20 second burst in test in Wellington, he has done nothing, he looks quite lost or disinterested, well I thought in particular in Wellington where I was watching him quite a bit for a whaile trying to see him do something. I am struggling to remember him chasing a kick or actually jumping to receive a kick, or even going looking for ball. I know he miles better than that, and still think he seems not to good. In saying that he didn't go very good against Boks last year.

I hear what you are saying - I guess my point is that I would put the blame on the current AB set up. I reckon a new coaching set up would quickly get Jordan humming.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Or as @KiwiM suggests maybe the current AB environment just doesn't appeal to WJ as much as the current CruSadist environment?
I reckon having the 2 Barrett bros and their completely unreadable backyard agenda cluttering up his backfield has given him the yips.

Remember that Cantabs try late this season where Bridge put the chip and chase kick up and WJ swooped over from behind the midfield and basically totally cockblocked Bridge with a "yeah nah nice kick bud but we both know you're not good enough to finish off the move pal" and casually retrieved the kick and scored the try?

No way would he try that in this AB's setup

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oi! @zer0! You left out the Cunning Plan bit! Don't make me ask @Dismal Pillock what the Cunning Plan is 'cos I will if I have to & it'll be All Your Fault.

giphy.gif

Fozzie, seen here frantically searching Wayne
Smith's old playbooks for the Cunning Plan.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
If Scott Robertson assume as the new head coach, Would be a short term solution the Crusaders starting XV with some reforcements?
20220810-144000.jpg

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does anyone else find this absolutely mind boggling?????????

Nah, they've been using their "Bomb Squad" off the bench with good success in recent years...

And they sometimes get more minutes than the starters, like Kitschoff lcoming on in the first half last week.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Nah, they've been using their "Bomb Squad" off the bench with good success in recent years...

And they sometimes get more minutes than the starters, like Kitschoff lcoming on in the first half last week.

I get the bomb squad but he's the best in the world give him 60 min this week & the AB's prob wont score

Status
Not open for further replies.