• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Argentina, 17th July, 2015, AMI stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
13194.jpg

"Only 222 miles to Cloud Cuckoo Land."

What's this miles shit?

We've gone metric.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Poor ol argies. subject to kiwis secret weapon joubert. i mean seriously does no one else see this guy for what he is. the fact the kiwis feel they need him v argies shows his match payments to islands accounts must be increasing

You're a sad little man aren't you. Do you really think the AB's get to select their own refs? and that IRB refs are corrupt?

I know I am feeding a troll but come on, what a pathetic statement.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here's the Ruck engagement data for the All Blacks against Argentina last week.
I'm struggling to get enough motivation to gather the same for the Pumas.

Remember:
  1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
  2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
  3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

AB Rucks.png

AB 10.png

I was surprised by a number of aspects:
  1. How little ruck work was done by Read.
  2. Hard rucking front row.
  3. Impressed by the work rate in the 10-20 min period.
  4. Impressive work rates of McCaw and Mealamu.
  5. How little was offered by the replacements.
Read did have the equal 2nd highest Tackle count at 10 (nil missed), 2LOW and 12 carries for 68m (2 Def Beaten, 3 Clean Breaks, 17 passes and 3 Off Loads). He's good!!

I intend to gather data for both teams for the Boks v ABs Test

Status
Not open for further replies.