• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Poms, Test 1 Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Ugh hate that they will get the win after being so shit.

The Poms can take heaps away from this though. Scrum was strong, Tuilagi, Morgan, Robshaw and Brown all looked great.

With the depth they are building, they're my World Cup dark horse at this stage.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Ugh hate that they will get the win after being so shit.

The Poms can take heaps away from this though. Scrum was strong, Tuilagi, Morgan, Robshaw and Brown all looked great.

With the depth they are building, they're my World Cup dark horse at this stage.
With home advantage and the team they are building they would have to be equal favourites.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Sheesh. England can feel hard done by with a few calls from Nigel Owens. Poor start to the test season. Good thing Hansen threw on the new boys, when the established guys are playing poo, give them a chance. Vito came on and made an impact. Kaino was immense throughout.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Soap Dodgers will rue that match as one they should have won, but largely lost by not executing their opportunities.

The NZRT will thank their lucky stars. There was more rust in their performance than on the Titanic superstructure,

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bizarre mewling half-tearful half-tittering relief here in the Pillock household. My guts are absolutely upside down. No dinner tonight.

Ref made a fair few calls in NZ's favour.

But really, what shit.

Woody is done. Surely. The scrum was manhandled. Backwards. Not by inches either.

ps, AARON CRUDEN, BALL OF STEEL

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Poor refereeing display - no consistency in any aspect of the game.

History shows that the ABs win the next 2 tests quite easily after being run close in the first. Visiting teams have to win the first one to have much chance.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Nonu. Jersey pulling. Obstruction. Why does he never get pinged? He does it every game these days. He really is a cheap shot merchant. God knows why because he is such a good player. Got away with two swinging arms already this year. Must have some sort of guardian angel living in that mop if his. My least favourite player full stop.

Owens. What can I say. We love old Nige, us Saffers. Now the Poms will join us in the love. He blows Coles up for taking a man out behind the ruck. In the next five rucks the All Blacks do it at least three more times. He ignores it. Is Robshaw a good captain? I did not see him getting in Nige's ear much.

Champion teams find ways to win where they are at their shittest.

That was the most anonymous test I think I have ever seen McCaw play until about the 72nd minute when he pinched pone.

Poms will get better with some first choice players coming in but I fea for them that the Blacks will be tons better next week.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bizarre mewling half-tearful half-tittering relief here in the Pillock household. My guts are absolutely upside down. No dinner tonight.

Ref made a fair few calls in NZ's favour.

But really, what shit.

Woody is done. Surely. The scrum was manhandled. Backwards. Not by inches either.

ps, AARON CRUDEN, BALL OF STEEL

Left or right?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
How shit is the Pom 3's hands?

I remember in previous tests he really seems unable to catch the thing.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How shit is the Pom 3's hands?

I remember in previous tests he really seems unable to catch the thing.
Ha, he seemed to often find himself at first receiver in the English backline. Absolute tits for hands.

Was watching the English coverage, and Barnes excused Wilson, saying 'Would you rather a prop with good hands or a prop who can scrummage'. The ensuing scrum from the knock on saw Wilson dish it to Woodcock, and it was a penalty to England.

K

KAOPointman

Yep what a dud test match...I kept waiting for it to fire up. But Nigel Owens joined the list of dud reffs this year that have ruined games.
Also....he SERIOUSLY has to learn what a knock on is......he called 3 balls knocked on, when CLRARLY they weren't. Ahh well at least the aus fra. Game was sick!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Very poor scrum, dodgy lineout, inexplicable handling errors - must've been the 1st AB Test for the season. Gutsy decision by Smith (A) to take the tap leading to Smith (C) try, how much shit would he be copping right now if it hadn't come off?

EDIT: Cruden took the tap, didn't he? That's what you get for watching the game at a club rooms with no sound & people walking around in front of the screen.

Disappointed with the performance but will take the win & expect better next week with at least one change in the FR, Woody just didn't seem to be up to it last night & that's where most of our problems started. Cruden wasn't flash but deserves a 2nd chance behind a hopefully much improved pack.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Waiopehu, it was Cruden who took tap,not A Smith. It was another first up test from ABs wasn't it?? Just always look like they going to get creamed in these games, tend to end up winning them, but f*** it can be frustrating. Be interesting to see team that is named for next week, but all in all was not a test to whet the apetite for test rugby!
Still better then a loss!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, my bad & corrected above. Wasn't expecting to still be at club rooms at kickoff hence didn't bother recording it & memory a tad foggy.

Did you happen to notice Jane get pulled down short early on? I reckon someone carrying an extra 10-15kg would've either scored or gone close enough to set up a close-range pick & drive. Just saying, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.