• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Springbokke @ Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Bokkes best & only chance is if it's wet. Really, really wet. Current forecast is 20% chance of rain. AB by 15+.

Nah, SA would be much better on dry track. New Zealand's handling is better and would be less affected by the wet weather and their back three are better chasing and handling kicks.

Best shot is dry track where we can carry the ball up with our forwards against a NZ missing a couple of locks and blindsides.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Indeed. Nonetheless, Heyneke isn't stupid. I refuse to think he doesn't have a plan. He ALWAYS had a direction of thinking at the Bulls.
Backwards is a direction. I would rather move forwards though.
Boks to put up a decent show but Blex to be dominant in the last 30 and take the game.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Indeed. Nonetheless, Heyneke isn't stupid. I refuse to think he doesn't have a plan. He ALWAYS had a direction of thinking at the Bulls.

Perhaps he doesn't want to overplay the youngsters this year, and leave them fresh for next year, I don't know. If it all turns out to be pointless next year, then I will be very disappointed.
Welcome Dewald.

I admire your faith.

My view on Meyer is that he is simply not prepared to take risks. He is coaching not to lose. I hope I am wrong.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thanks Oom. I was here a few years ago, but I was too busy on the other sites. Now that they've all reached a dead end, this is a good alternative.

I always find Blue's insights interesting as a reader, but surprisingly I do not always agree with them. :p

Agree with me or leave now :)

No seriously it will be nice to have a fellow elite superhuman being to argue with.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Jan Serfontein the example. Thought his workrate was up there.
Please please please Meyer don't change now. Give Jan some time. And please pass the ball to him now and then.

I really think he is the long term solution.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No. Read again.

I am one of the biggest Steyn and Matfield fans you will find, but at the moment they're basically keeping hungrier, better players out of the starting line-up.
That.

Problem is who do you play instead of Matfield? De Jager can't organise the lineout. Can Ysterbeth? Meyer has made it clear that Ysterbeth is his tight lock.

The pack was much better with Flip at 5. He converted to the 5 lock calling the lineouts way better than I thought last year. His leadership also made a different. HE was basically marshalling the pack. We miss him.

Sadly I feel Victor Matfield's comeback is turning into shit idea.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The Boks will certainly be fired up, and the recent injuries to Messam and Whitelock certainly weaken the team, but I think the ABs are too professional to be complacent and they still regard SA as their strongest rival (at least I think they do). I think we will win by less than 10 points.

Fired up is overrated.

We simply have not got enough points in the way we play.

M

Muttonbird

I'm glad you asked. Most people will know that Kiwis are a normal, friendly bunch in most circumstances but change into unspeakable arse-holes when the conversation turns to rugby. This is because an All Black loss to a Kiwi is a feeling worse than than kick square in the nuts.

The mood of the nation changes significantly, and to a Kiwi an ABs' loss can make the future can look bleaker than a nuclear winter, so what would happen if a general election were held seven days after such a loss as is the case with this match?

Carnage for the government, that's what.

All rational thought will be thrown out the door and the NZ public will turn on and punish whoever is in charge at the time.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Backwards is a direction. I would rather move forwards though.
Boks to put up a decent show but Blex to be dominant in the last 30 and take the game.

Guess who didn't see the Bulls' transformation from 0 wins in 2002 to first SA Super rugby winners in 2007. Even 2009 and 2010 was still built on his foundations.

Status
Not open for further replies.