• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

April Wallaby 30 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
It was mainly Cooper's game against SA than against NZ that fucked us. He ruined our forwards by his errors.

Good god man, did Quade fuck your mother, run over your dog and leave a burning bag of shit on your doorstep or something?

He ruined our forwards did he? Did he force Elsom to miss Kaino and let that try in? Did he force them to run one out and isolated? Did he force them to miss tackles, have poor body height at the ruck, mess up lineouts and get thrown around like Justin Beiber in prison at the ruck time?

Without him, we are utterly toothless in attack and look like we don't have a clue.We simply cant fire a shot.

With him, our backline looks dangerous. You can not blame Quade for other players not running good lines, running from depth with pace and aggression, being in front of the ball carrier or the McCabe special: run headfirst into a tighthead props shoulder while two Cooper and Ioane are unmarked outside you with a clear run to the line.

Deans is a fucking idiot, he's been unable to progress this Wallabies team since 2010. Even the introduction of McCabe was idiotic. He, granted, saw the need for a defensive oriented, hard/straight running centre to help straighten our attack and give the outside backs more space. SO what did he do? Pick a novice fullback who'd probably never even met Quade, put him at 12 and told him to learn a new position at international lever about a month before the world cup. Instead of picking the other player who does the same thing, but better, IS a centre, had played with Quade for 3 years and new his playing style and when to hang back/run off his shoulder.

Why the fuck would you pick an F1 car to compete in Paris to Dakar? By picking Quade at 10, and then forcing him to play an entirely new style of play that he'd never played before, AND with a new centre partner who had played about 3 games as a centre next to him? I cant think of a better way to hamstring a player than that.

Yes, he put himself under a lot of pressure, and eventually crumbled under it, but a big chunk of that would be down to the added pressure of suddenly playing with a new centre partner in a totally new playing style.

Deans is JUST as culpable as Cooper for the WC implosion. And then to top it off, last year he ignored Cooper (on the basis that he wasn't fit) for the first game, and we sucked. So he picks him a week later without any extra physio or fitness training, throws him into the Eden Park match and then publicly slandered him because he failed to ignite the attack.

I would have snotted Deans if he'd done that to me.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
You can't be serious. If Palu played for double the amount of time, which is about equal to Auelua's total playing time, he would have more runs, more tackles, more offloads, and more linebreaks.

Auleau - 297 minutes played. 41 runs, 7 tackles bust, 3 offloads. 34 tackles, 5 missed (87%). 0 errors, 7 lineout takes.

Palu - 140 minutes played. 24 runs, 1 tackle bust, 4 offloads, 1 linebreak. 22 tackles, 5 missed (81%). 2 errors, 2 lineout takes.

So double, right?

So double of 1 tackle bust (1! THis is the rampaging, tackle busting monster we have eh, he breaks one fucking tackle in 140mins of rugby?)
He'd also have twice the missed tackles, 4 errors as opposed to none, 4 lineout takes to 7? I wonder how many metres they've each made for their runs...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yep.....if you double the numbers as Bairdy suggests, Palu makes 44 tackles and misses 10.....1 in 5 tackles he misses. Yep....Aeleau should be your new hard man in the back row I reckon

T

Train Without a Station

Brumbieman, well said. But we all have to agree, Quade makes errors that he needs to work on minimizing.

To say his defence is not up to scratch may be true, but is being based on 2010 Quade, not watching him more recently. It also ignores defensive failings by Beale and the supposed super defender JOC (James O'Connor) who may I remind everybody for the umpteenth time, was towelled up in head to head battles with both McCabe and Carter last season.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
QC (Quade Cooper)'s game and confidence was destroyed by the hostile crowd at the RWC. The point must be made that Deans saw this happening but kept backing QC (Quade Cooper) until he was (un)fortunately injured. It must rankle that this loyalty has not been reciprocated.

It also irks me that QC (Quade Cooper)'s value is measured by many because of these bad performances. How would we cope in our work if every time we sat down with a client we had 50,000 moronic kiwis booing, hissing and jeering us. Not well no doubt. When the collective schadenfreude of the NZ team, management and supporters eventually dies, hopefully people of note will come forward, express regret and discourage any such acts of mass bad sportsmanship.

In the meantime I hope QC (Quade Cooper) keeps growing as a player and reaches his full potential.

Very well said TH.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Good god man, did Quade fuck your mother, run over your dog and leave a burning bag of shit on your doorstep or something?

He ruined our forwards did he? Did he force Elsom to miss Kaino and let that try in? Did he force them to run one out and isolated? Did he force them to miss tackles, have poor body height at the ruck, mess up lineouts and get thrown around like Justin Beiber in prison at the ruck time?

Without him, we are utterly toothless in attack and look like we don't have a clue.We simply cant fire a shot.
.... ....
I would have snotted Deans if he'd done that to me.

While I enjoyed your post, Quade has a few issues that as 10 are a real bloody problem for us;

- he has a chickenshit attitude, I am sorry but he does. There are things about him I really like, he puts in 100% off field looking after fans, his pass, and whatever else you say about him the guy is not a glorymonger, he is always looking to put someone in space but for me the toxic yellow jersey affair was chickenshit and made aussie rugby look chickenshit
- he is rubbish once his confidence goes. He is far too reliant on externalities for his confidence. Until he learns he doesn't need the glory ball to make his rep he will always have this problem.
- he hasn't, yet, got the knack of mixing predictable with unpredictable. In boxing you set the pattern, then break it, and Quade needs to learn that.

I think Quade can learn those things, but not in the next two months and not while playing half fly half half fullback.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's a 5 horse race right now to run on 10 - JOC (James O'Connor), Lilo, To'omua, Foley, Barnes. Beale is gone as far as I can tell but if he gets back in a week or three it is a six horse race, barely.

If I was a betting man, and I am, I'd be backing Beale to feature in the squad.

I think he'll be brought back into the Rebels a few weeks before the squad is picked and he'll get selected in the Wallabies squad.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It didn't work!? We had the best defence at the World Cup. In the games we lost there, we conceded 0 tries to Ireland and only 1 to NZ. I'd give our defence a massive tick. Quade lost us the game by kicking the ball out on the full, we had a great chance (via the kick off) to put pressure on NZ immediately in that game, instead they had us on the back foot from get go and we never got a look in. Anyway, it was the Ireland game where he self destructed which cost us the WC ultimately - not the NZ game. We needed to be on the other side of the draw so NZ faced SA in the semi. The SA game physically wore us down.

You seem to forget a few critical issues with the Ireland game:

- deans not having a back up 7
- moore's injury and inability to play
- the ref allowing the Irish to slow the game down as they liked
- McCabe being used as a poor excuse for a battering ram and being held up 2 or 3 times leading to turnovers

But yes, I am sure it was only Cooper who was to blame.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Auelua shits all over Palu in those stats.

Please explain?

By my calculations Palu is better in some, and Auleau is better than others. But if you see total Auleau dominance then I think it says a bit more about you than it does the stats...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Auleau - 297 minutes played. 41 runs, 7 tackles bust, 3 offloads. 34 tackles, 5 missed (87%). 0 errors, 7 lineout takes.

Palu - 140 minutes played. 24 runs, 1 tackle bust, 4 offloads, 1 linebreak. 22 tackles, 5 missed (81%). 2 errors, 2 lineout takes.

So double, right?

So double of 1 tackle bust (1! THis is the rampaging, tackle busting monster we have eh, he breaks one fucking tackle in 140mins of rugby?)
He'd also have twice the missed tackles, 4 errors as opposed to none, 4 lineout takes to 7? I wonder how many metres they've each made for their runs.

Yeah you're right Palu is terrible and Auleau is fucking awesome. I give up.

Fuck me. I like Auleau a lot but you are a bit crazy if you think he should start at 8 for the Wallabies against the Lions. A wrecking ball off the bench, maybe, but FFS the bloke doesn't even start for the Brumbies most of the time.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I literally addressed 3 of those in the post afterwards

You blamed someone else for what was partially Mccabes failure and your initial post still implied cooper was the major reason we lost that game, which is clearly incorrect, but you don't have the guys to admit it.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Fuck me. I like Auleau a lot but you are a bit crazy if you think he should start at 8 for the Wallabies against the Lions. A wrecking ball off the bench, maybe, but FFS the bloke doesn't even start for the Brumbies most of the time.

And Palu barely plays for the tahs, so who should we have?

Left field for me. Come in George Smith.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

He's missed the most important thing, Auleau doesn't even pack at 8 for the Brumbies, how can he expect to pack at 8 for the Lions with zero Test experience.

You blamed someone else for what was partially Mccabes failure and your initial post still implied cooper was the major reason we lost that game, which is clearly incorrect, but you don't have the guys to admit it.

I don't blame McCabe at all, he does what his coach tells him to do. I always said the Ireland game was Deans' fault, Quade didn't play well but his main failures in the WC was the SA game.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
This thread got pretty silly pretty fast, btw.

Apparently there is a pro-Quade camp and an anti-Quade camp. The pro-Quade camp thinks that everything he screws up is someone else's fault. The anti-Quades think it's his fault we lost the RWC. If course, neither of these things make much sense.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in most (but not all) cases, everyone agrees it's a lot more complex than that. Quade clearly struggled at the RWC, probably in part for his own reasons and in part because the team struggled to get front foot ball against decent opponents. That he had a number of glaring screw-ups didn't help. At the same time, Deans arsed up selections and game plan in multiple ways. Why would these things be mutually exclusive? Isn't it pretty obvious that Quade played poorly AND that the team was poorly coached? Personally, I would say that Quade playing badly exacerbated the mediocrity of a poorly run campaign. It wasn't his fault that we lost, but nor did he help matters.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
This thread:
78MKxCZ.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't take long in the Post Arbib Report era for a Wallaby thread to denigrate into cross border sniping.

Can we get some real Quade and Dingo hate going and push this thread up to 100 pages?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.