• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Are the Brumbies up the Creek..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Cheika, Louden, Larkham, whoever. Brumbies need an option yesterday and they need JW to categorically state that he's not interested. What kind of bloke leaves his options open from Day 1? No committment? No personal sacrifice? Who would want to play for a guy like that?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Scarfie, he has categorically stated that he is interested, very interested, in the England job. It's up to England to reject him now, or an offer to fall over upon contracting terms. Even if the job goes elsewhere, it'll take time for trust to rebuild with the Brumbies and their board, assuming White stays with them...before the next 'big opportunity' comes his way.

It's all over the UK major online media last night, BBC, The Telegraph, etc.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I hope england have to dump a lot of cash on us to release him from his contract... only positive i can see in this..very bad situation.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The Brumbies should be demanding compensation from the RFU over this. If they've supposedly got a lot of money lying around then some of it should be coming this way if White is leaving.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The Brumbies should be demanding compensation from the RFU over this. If they've supposedly got a lot of money lying around then some of it should be coming this way if White is leaving.
But how much would it need to properly compensate them?
Fagan should get on the front foot, contact the RFU and tell them to fuck off.
tell big Jake that they will not seek compensation from RFU but will gain an injunction to prevent them employing Jake.
Deal with it openly & directly on your terms, not death by a thousand cuts

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will be an interesting study in contract law. If Jake has an out in his contract, then good on him and, well, what were the Brums thinking? Dare I wonder aloud if this was the reason behind sponsorship agreements falling through?

Will be a pity and hard on the Brumbries. Now is the cance for them to stand up and be counted. I said to a Brums supporter last year that it seemed what they needed there (and in Tahland as an aside) was what the Reds and QRU did a few years ago - put a broom through the coaching, support and administration, and start again. Build some well placed loyality from the ground up and you can see what can be acheived.

Another issue that I see is how this is going to reflect on Oz rugby as a whole. Are other OS coaches, players and staff going to look at our conference and wonder why it is so hard here, and therefore not want to come? Not to denergrate our local talent, but fresh ideas are always necessary and getting in international staff is a way of introducing new ideas a improving local rugby as a whole.

We all wait with baited breath. My personal opinion - you have signed a 4 year contract, stick the f*%^&$g thing out. And if you signed 4 year contract with half an eye on not sticking it out then I don't want to do business with you.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thats is great for the Brums and Oz rugby. Hopefully it is not just because he has looked at his contract and can't get out of it.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Good on him. Tough choice but morally the right one. Very happy for the Brumbies.

That's the sort of thing that galvanizes a team. A leader/coach who leads by example.

N

Newter

Boy, you really have a high opinion of elite Aus rugby players Newter. They don't care at all about the process of building enduring success, good culture, clear development paths, and general stability within their employing franchise. However, I can attest to having met more than a few that do care.

I'm sure a lot of them like him. He's obviously a very good coach.

But this talk about his departure "shattering" the club is dubious at best. The people saying it have been people with an axe to grind (Hoiles) and people disappointed that a good coach may not be around to make the Brumbies champions again.

What I don't like is the insinuation that he would be doing something unmanly or unethical.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sport24
Jake rules out England job

2012-03-09 10:41
Email | Print

4717767e356e4b079632e9ce270e81f7.jpg

Jake White (File)
Canberra - Rugby World Cup-winning coach Jake White says he won't be applying to fill the England head coaching vacancy and plans to remain with Super Rugby's Brumbies.
White, who led South Africa to the 2007 Rugby World Cup title, said he was disappointed by criticism in the media that he was prepared to leave Canberra in the first year of a four-year contract.
"It's something I'd look at - it doesn't mean now, it doesn't mean leaving my job," White said.
Asked directly if he was still interested in taking the job being filled on an interim basis by Stuart Lancaster, the South African responded: "No, no, no, no."
"I'm here for four years with the Brumbies. I've signed on the bottom line and you've got to judge people by their actions. Nothing's changed, I'm still committed to the Brumbies."
Former South Africa and Italy coach Nick Mallett and former Ireland and US coach Eddie O'Sullivan are considered to be the favorites for the England job, along with Lancaster.
The English Rugby Football Union's wish for someone with topflight experience could count against Lancaster, who has been in charge for the first three Six Nations Tests. England has a 2-1 record.
Martin Johnson, who was captain when England won the World Cup in 2003, quit as coach in November, six weeks before his contract was due to expire.
It followed England's disappointing World Cup in New Zealand - along with some off-field indiscretions -where the team was eliminated by France in the quarterfinals, its worst performance in the tournament since 1999. my job."
Brumbies can use Snor if Jake went up north.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The england job is a lot to give up to coach the brumbies. I hope they make it worth his while. The right decision none the less.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
it is and it some was it isn't. Like the football England job it's pretty tough going. The press will love you one second and then hate you to the ground the next. your dealing with rich over paid massive ego footballer that think their a lot better then what they are. If Jake went to england and failed then it's a be a big dent to his reputation. I he fails at the brumbies (which he can't really because the only way is up) then it'll reflect more on the organization then it will on him.

Jake has a lot left in coach his coaching life yet (only 48, could still coach another 20 years if he wants) he'll get another chance to coach at a world cup if he wants.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
it is and it some was it isn't. Like the football England job it's pretty tough going. The press will love you one second and then hate you to the ground the next. your dealing with rich over paid massive ego footballer that think their a lot better then what they are. If Jake went to england and failed then it's a be a big dent to his reputation. I he fails at the brumbies (which he can't really because the only way is up) then it'll reflect more on the organization then it will on him.

Jake has a lot left in coach his coaching life yet (only 48, could still coach another 20 years if he wants) he'll get another chance to coach at a world cup if he wants.
The England rugby politics and situations is pretty much the same as to what he had in SA. Never ending club vs country issues and the RFU farts to deal with. Pretty sure he'll get the players issues settled easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.