• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't say that. Queenslanders are gonna hate u
Don’t care. He will need some superb form in Australia A or next seasons super rugby for me.

fullback for me is kellaway I guess. Shocking we don’t have a better option there.

flyhalf - crap shoot for a young gun to step up

locks - Phillip and Rodda
7 - hooper
Front row - not who we had today please
Centres - need Samu to partner and ideally another Samu to backup
Wings - let’s work on vunavalu if kelleway is at 15

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A really disappointing and, somewhat understandably, disjointed Wallaby performance. Both team’s defence was pretty terrible, but the Pumas had the better set piece, game plan and we’re just more physical and committed.

Some really dumb play by the Wallabies. Tupou is not stepping up like he should given his experience. White continues to make dumb calls.

If we showed more patience we could have won but we lacked composure across the park and game. A real missed opportunity.

Bravo to Valetini who has played two wonderful tests in a row now - arguably his best back to back performances.

Some good flashes elsewhere in the centres and on the wing and by McReight but all were sullied by ill discipline or mistakes.

Congrats to the debutants and to the reffing team who were great. That Slipper call was wrong and was fairly crucial, but other than that I thought they were great.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It depends, Reds supporters gonna say that is excellent as the JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)'s forward passes
He's (Petaia) made some highlight worthy covering tackles in the past, but his general organisation, positioning and execution at times makes me nervous. A few missed tackles in this game. Hard to see if I'm being overly critical without the wide angle shot, but seems to sometimes press overly hard when he'd look better keeping the line and at other times presses not hard enough, not closing off the space outside him.

Anyway, I think a number of players will have some work-ons after this game.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
A really disappointing and, somewhat understandably, disjointed Wallaby performance. Both team’s defence was pretty terrible, but the Pumas had the better set piece, game plan and we’re just more physical and committed.

Some really dumb play by the Wallabies. Tupou is not stepping up like he should given his experience. White continues to make dumb calls.

If we showed more patience we could have won but we lacked composure across the park and game. A real missed opportunity.

Bravo to Valetini who has played two wonderful tests in a row now - arguably his best back to back performances.

Some good flashes elsewhere in the centres and on the wing and by McReight but all were sullied by ill discipline or mistakes.

Congrats to the debutants and to the reffing team who were great. That Slipper call was wrong and was fairly crucial, but other than that I thought they were great.
Which Slipper call?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
RR, Agree on the patience. So many times we made a break, or strong carry or on one occasion intercept and tried to force the next play, which ruined the good lead up work.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
RR, Agree on the patience. So many times we made a break and tried to force the next play, which ruined the good lead up work.
Chasing a game was always going to be a factor. Not getting payoff for all their entries into opposition 22 didn't help as the game went on.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I'd give probably Bobby V the only pass mark.

The rest was turds with either a sprinkle of gold or shit..

Coaching staff included in that.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's a little harsh on the coaches, they didn't force passes, miss tackles, drop balls...
Narr they share blame when a team gets thumped like that..

Felt like they didn't expect the high ball game so completely unready for it..

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Result was obviously disappointing, I’m annoyed the refs got the Slipper clean out call so wrong. It really was a big momentum swing, going from 14-0 to nudging in front. Big difference between chasing points in Argentina and taking a lead. I’m not sure the Wallabies would have won, but the game would have been closer.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes. They own some of the result, but calling them turds is harsh.

Performed like turds.. with a sprinkling of some good and bad... There not turds as humans.. just this performance was..

I'd just throw this game in the bin, turn the page and get on with the next one.

Onwards and upwards.. We can still win the RC, and we will take out S.A at home.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Chasing a game was always going to be a factor. Not getting payoff for all their entries into opposition 22 didn't help as the game went on.
Chasing the game or not, too much positive play was wasted by attempting miracle passes on the back of the play. And yes, we didn’t seem to be able to capitalize on our time in their 22. Too lateral? Are we too one dimensional with the Korobite, Tupou, Bobby V are our main carriers tactic? It just seems telegraphed at times, if the opposition can shut them down, it goes a long way to shutting us down. And on that note, Bobby V was great today, I think he should get a buzz cut so the opposition don’t recognize him as quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.