• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Trying to take a logical look at when you did start watching - 6:00am ish? Against a kick off at something just after 5:00am. One hour earlier?
No doubt jumping over the half time spoiler means you get to watch AB v Bok without foreknowledge, which is a good thing.
7am and be done by 8am as i can fast forward through halftime, 30min of stoppages, goal attempts, scrum resets and TMO reviews.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A really disappointing and, somewhat understandably, disjointed Wallaby performance. Both team’s defence was pretty terrible, but the Pumas had the better set piece, game plan and we’re just more physical and committed.

Some really dumb play by the Wallabies. Tupou is not stepping up like he should given his experience. White continues to make dumb calls.

If we showed more patience we could have won but we lacked composure across the park and game. A real missed opportunity.

Bravo to Valetini who has played two wonderful tests in a row now - arguably his best back to back performances.

Some good flashes elsewhere in the centres and on the wing and by McReight but all were sullied by ill discipline or mistakes.

Congrats to the debutants and to the reffing team who were great. That Slipper call was wrong and was fairly crucial, but other than that I thought they were great.
Pretty much nailed it Reg. With the disruptions through injuries etc, it was never going to be an easy game for the Wallabies. But they did show some good skills in attack, especially with Valetini and the centres. The Pumas won the game in the air. None of our players at the back, Wright, O'Connor, Petaia or Koroibete was able to counter their kicking game. Maybe Hodge needs to be our No 15?

Very poor performances by Tupou (I have said all along he will be a liability at scrum time with the NH referees) and O'Connor. Jordan Petaia still makes a lot of elementary errors to go with his good touches. I thought the Foketi/Ikitau centre pairing worked quite well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Skipped through most of that after the first 30, sorry lads but looked amateur. Any injuries? That pair of no tries from us killed it. Ikitau is pretty good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A couple of anonymous performances in the pack didn’t help. Rory has been mentioned but other than a good lineout steal, Holloway was anonymous. I hope the 1 tackle stat all game is a mistake on the stats side of things.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
A couple of anonymous performances in the pack didn’t help. Rory has been mentioned but other than a good lineout steal, Holloway was anonymous. I hope the 1 tackle stat all game is a mistake on the stats side of things.
I would classify that as a standout performance based on the rest of the match.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How’d Longeran go with his first start?

i thought Arnold had some nice interplay before I switched off but sounds like that was his only feature

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting the different takes here. I thought the line out less than ideal, Lonergan never did anything like a crooked throw but Pumas had pilfers, WBs frequently resorted to jumping at 2 (even for maul setup) and the quality of the ball delivery needs to be better. There is a lot happening in a line out, Lonergan was part of it.

His field play was fine and he topped the tackle count which was sorely needed out there today. I suspect he'll do fine and you'd hope he gets more time.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Too scared to read the match thread, there must be blown gaskets all over the shop. Shiggins must've had a baby in his brain.

The absolute jammiest 1st half of a test match I have ever seen. One side continually barking the brides shins on the honeymoon suite door and the other side trotting in jammy intercept after jammy intercept. 2nd half, the Wob injuries caught up and the lack of combos showed

Tom Wright had one of those "The Reaper Always Collects" games

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lonergan was one of the better Wallaby performers. Very active in open play and didn't lose to his more experienced direct opponent, Montoya.
I disagree. Missed a few key tackles and our scrum really struggled compared to last week. He is not yet test standard. I thought Pollard looked better.
Tupou was once again way off the pace. AAA should start when fit. Wright is not a fullback and both he and Petaia still need to work on ball security. Foketi and Simone a big step down from Paisami. Arnold did not look test ready. Philip would have brought more.
Valentini is getting better but needs support. I thought Tate looked good when he came on.

JOC (James O'Connor) was ok at best.

Last edited:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If we score that try and go ahead 17-14 in the first half maybe the game plays out differently? We just had too much inexperience in several areas and missed a few players that normally hold it together. The bench did not bring much outside of Tate and the yellow for McReight was not justified. Could easily have been a yellow for Kramer in the first half. Should have been.
Tough game for the Wallabies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i turned off at about the 70 min mark. the wallabies looked good in attack at times only to be undone by impatience and lack of composure, agree the JOC (James O'Connor) no try in the first half really a major turn around. Wright is no FB and imo barely a wing at test level, poor positioning, poor option taking, he and Petaia together made a lot of errors between them. Slipper should have taken the 3 at halftime. Thought the refs generally did a good job, couple of calls could have gone the other way for both teams, glad he and the TMO just ignored the local directors repeated ultra-slowmo replays of everyday rugby collisions. Valetini was once again great, Ikitau, Koroibete and Foketi did well enough, McDermott had a better game than White i thought. Arnold had little impact. i think they really missed Philip, for me he is an automatic starter from now on. F'aumasili put in a strong cameo, scrummed ok and had a couple of solid runs, didnt look out of place, but i didn't see last 10 so that may have changed. Whats up with Tupou ? The Argies certainly had one of those days where everything turned to gold.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
If we score that try and go ahead 17-14 in the first half maybe the game plays out differently? We just had too much inexperience in several areas and missed a few players that normally hold it together. The bench did not bring much outside of Tate and the yellow for McReight was not justified. Could easily have been a yellow for Kramer in the first half. Should have been.
Tough game for the Wallabies.
I missed what the card was for?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I missed what the card was for?
I think it was before they scored, when there were a couple of other transgressions. He may just have been the unlucky one to get singled out? I thought he was good, along with Valentini who was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.