• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
He could easily end up having a far more illustrious international career than Banks in the 15 jersey.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think it was before they scored, when there were a couple of other transgressions. He may just have been the unlucky one to get singled out? I thought he was good, along with Valentini who was excellent.
He had a McReight Reds performance, bit of good over shadowed by giving away penalties...

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Valentini is becoming a world class player- our attack is nearly entirely reliant on Valentini generating momentum with the ball.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Picking up from an earlier comment about our lineout . Longeran’s throws were straight , but way too flat. His throws to 4 & 6 are always a chance of getting picked off by a jumper getting up in front.

Thought his work in general play was quite good , he needs a little more meat on the bone.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Valentini is becoming a world class player- our attack is nearly entirely reliant on Valentini generating momentum with the ball.
Agree , which makes it even more puzzling that we don’t have more running support lines for him.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don’t think there’s a better coaching team available that we could put together. I think there are immediate player issues and longer term systemic issues with Australian rugby that are more to blame than the coaching team. I would’nt be changing them or blaming them.

All probably with the proviso that perhaps we have to explore what’s going on with the number of injuries we’ve had of late. But I’m no expert in that area so won’t make any assumptions.
Not sure that is true when we have Dan McKellar as forwards coach we have a problem. Or are coaches like pro rugby players they can coach anywhere?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interestingly, he has really shined since Kerevi has been injured as he has basically taken his role as the primary go-forward option.
Viking, makes me wonder why he didn't stand up before. Not saying he was always poor in the past but in the last 2 games he has really stood up.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gee that penalty of Valetini’s was dumb though. Let a great attacking position slip through our fingers. Story of the match.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
My observation is that we are back to Cheika days with 4-5 players standing up (different players each game) and the rest are so-so. We need the whole team committed, average players should be the rock that outstanding players step up from. At the moment is like we sit back and applaud when Valentini makes a run or Cooper makes a break. The whole team lacks urgency when it's ON and then be prepared to take the tackle if the off-load is only a maybe.

The exception is Koriobeti who puts in every game...

Last edited:

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Slippers penalty shows how much of a mess the current ruck interpretation is. Pablo wasn't supporting his bodyweight, nor was he in a position to get the ball or was there even a clear release of a tackled player by the Pumas.

Hopefully we'll see some players punished for a poor performance when the injured players at home come back. For the last decade there was never any ramifications for an absolutely shocking performance.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It was a game that was always going to be tough to win with so much disruption and players not available. The scoreline is a bit embarrassing but the result not unexpected.
The other player who was class with every involvement was Ikitau. He’s very good but had little support around him.
Arnold must be 3rd or 4th pick in the second row and TT seems to be going backwards. He has to come from the bench with 25-30 to go.

My guess is that Kellaway or Hodge are put back at 15 against the Boks. We really missed their kicking today. Wright is just like a cat with a ball of string. He cannot resist running it even when he has plenty of time to kick.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Slippers penalty shows how much of a mess the current ruck interpretation is. Pablo wasn't supporting his bodyweight, nor was he in a position to get the ball or was there even a clear release of a tackled player by the Pumas.

Hopefully we'll see some players punished for a poor performance when the injured players at home come back. For the last decade there was never any ramifications for an absolutely shocking performance.

Yep would think AAA, the Hookers, Paisami, Phillip, would all looking at coming straight back in. Kellaway and Bell or Sio at least by the bench.

I'm probably missing some to come on via the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It was a game that was always going to be tough to win with so much disruption and players not available. The scoreline is a bit embarrassing but the result not unexpected.
The other player who was class with every involvement was Ikitau. He’s very good but had little support around him.
Arnold must be 3rd or 4th pick in the second row and TT seems to be going backwards. He has to come from the bench with 25-30 to go.

My guess is that Kellaway or Hodge are put back at 15 against the Boks. We really missed their kicking today. Wright is just like a cat with a ball of string. He cannot resist running it even when he has plenty of time to kick.

I've always thought Wrights rocks or diamonds, and don't think he was as bad as some make out, but this type of games in him. If his going to be a fullback Brumbies need to play him 15 all season.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)

I was surprised that Hodge wasn't brought on shortly after half time. He could have glued up some issues at 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.