• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Imagine how we would be placed if, for instance, the NZR had gotten away with Australia only having three teams in Super. It's a big enough mess with five teams.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows really. Surely it's not a good sign already having a plan B on the bench.
A fair bit of overthinking with this Simone selection for mine. I think the available backs not in the 15 are Hodge, Lolesio, Simone, Vunivalu and Campbell (Not including halfbacks). There are already 3 wingers on the pitch, Lolesio and Campbell cover one position each. Hodge is there to cover 10 and the back 3, Simone is there to cover the midfield....simples.

With regards to the hooker situation, and the injuries in general, something certainly has changed. It could be something like DCT suggests, I.e. a conservative approach leading into a RWC year that provides the added benefit of giving the A players test time justifiably. Who is the 5th prop over there, can he cover hooker as a plan E? Edit - just realised after reading above its Robbo.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Dunno, is there some Argentinian rugby player playing grade with an Aussie grandma?
I had a similar thought but from a different angle - big Aussie involvement in the agricultural sector in Argentina, so possibly some UNE or Sydney Uni graduate playing club rugby nearby. Meanwhile I suspect Robbo will spend the day throwing balls at goalposts.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Something not right. Its madness

Is it? Or are they just being super diligent with concussion protocols? Is this the new norm? What is it in Argentina? Two late pullouts for personal reasons and three with concussion? All seem pretty justified. Let’s not overthink it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm assuming Connal McInerney is injured too, surprised he wasn't taken before Pollard, or even Lonergan. Given he's had previous time in the wallabies set-up.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Did you read how long it took Pollard to get there? No one’s getting there for game time now.
Robbo it is then. Let’s hope there’s not a game day prop and hooker incident. Left field suggestion, any Aussie hookers in MLR? I’m thinking worst case scenario, as luck isn’t on our side at the moment

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Robbo it is then. Let’s hope there’s not a game day prop and hooker incident. Left field suggestion, any Aussie hookers in MLR? I’m thinking worst case scenario, as luck isn’t on our side at the moment

Abel at LA, but its the off season & all back playing club or in Abel's case NPC

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I'm assuming Connal McInerney is injured too, surprised he wasn't taken before Pollard, or even Lonergan. Given he's had previous time in the wallabies set-up.

He hardly got a run at the brumbies this year & he only has 15 more min of international experience than Billy

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
obviously hope everyone’s okay with their injuries but it’s not the end of the world. Means we get to test depth in a no lose situation. If we get hammered, oh well our entire first XV was out, no one will care, move on. If we win, it’s a miracle, we’re incredible.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is it? Or are they just being super diligent with concussion protocols? Is this the new norm? What is it in Argentina? Two late pullouts for personal reasons and three with concussion? All seem pretty justified. Let’s not overthink it.
We have around 20 players unavailable. I cannot remember a similar situation in my time, which goes back a fair way. May be the protocols but it just seems to be the Wallabies and no one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.