• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I don’t think there’s a better coaching team available that we could put together. I think there are immediate player issues and longer term systemic issues with Australian rugby that are more to blame than the coaching team. I would’nt be changing them or blaming them.

All probably with the proviso that perhaps we have to explore what’s going on with the number of injuries we’ve had of late. But I’m no expert in that area so won’t make any assumptions.
The Strenght and conditioning coach is part of Rennie's staff. Isn't it? Or at least should be

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The Strenght and conditioning coach is part of Rennie's staff. Isn't it? Or at least should be
Ah yes, it's the S&C program failure a player is concussed.

I don't think we've had a soft tissue injury since Bell in Brisbane (or was it Sydney?).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Australia need to be better under the high ball and stop unforced errors through shocking offloads but man I haven't seen a home ground ref like that for a long time. Just ignoring obvious reasons that trys shouldn't stand for Argentina and finding any reason to dissallow Wallabies trys
Wallabies fitness wasn't there also, didn't see the effort

Last edited:

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I don't think he was that bad today but there is probably strong merit in giving the 10 jersey to Noah and saying "its yours for the rest of the year - make the most of it"
Well.. he hasn’t made the position his either….. he kicks goals and shovels it out… sorry, don’t think he is our man.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Well.. he hasn’t made the position his either….. he kicks goals and shovels it out… sorry, don’t think he is our man.
The answer is NO. If a Queenslander say you to give the #10 to Lolo for the rest of the year, that's all.

JOC (James O'Connor) was a good wing/fullback in his 20s. Never has been a top class 10 and less now at the end of his career. Maybe a Super Rugby level 10

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was thinking about the shocking run of injuries the Wallabies are going through, reminds me of when Deans was coach, sometimes had players that we hardly knew etc and not quite test standard in a few positions.
Perhaps rugby gods are punishing RA for using kiwi coaches instead of Aussie ones?

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the game but from the sounds of things the more things change the more they stay the same. When will the Wallabies ever become a consistent high end product? Seems like not yet.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The answer is NO. If a Queenslander say you to give the #10 to Lolo for the rest of the year, that's all.
Righto , I’ll bite ……… how does this comment make sense ? What difference does it make where you’re from?

The only other option to Noah would be to play Hodge there , who else would get a crack? At least some consistency in the position would be a positive.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon Lolesio with Hodge the back up. We get Paisami and Kellaway back. We get our first and second pick hookers back which will strengthen our set piece. The lineout was our launch pad last week and this week it went to crap with the inclusion of Lonergan and Arnold. Scrum was woeful. Philip was missed. As was AAA and Bell/Sio

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I agree. I think the back-3 was more of a worry though. No idea how we are gunna solve the contestable kicks issue. None of the back-3 options give me confidence under the high-ball.

Our 10 also drops back to fullback often, and all of Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Lolesio, are also liabilities under the high ball. They make for easy kicking targets.
The only way is to keep hitting them with contestable kicks at training. Thousands of them. Whoever drops the least gets the gig. It’s become such a major part of those positions with the way the games being played at the moment. Picking a back 3 player who’s shakey under the bomb is now like picking a hooker who can’t throw in accurately or a THP who can’t scrummage. It doesn’t matter how they perform any of the other duties if they can’t do their principle role. I also think teams might be kicking to where Koro would be if he wasn’t do all his other awesome stuff.

Last edited:

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeh I don't really see any red flags around our strategies. It seems most loses are based around execution and some individual poor decision making. And the culture in the team looks okay from the outside (but we will never really know unless we were part of the team).

This game was easily won by Argentina by simply making contestable kicks. I don't blame the coach for Wright not being able to catch. That's down to the individual players. Same with our loss to the England, so many poor passes and lack of clinical play.

But having said that, whilst I don't see huge signs of him being a poor coach, there aren't that many signs he is a great coach either given our record. For me, Rennie is sitting safely in the neutral zone.
I feel like the tactics are solid. When we are on we look deadly. It’s a question of cattle and ultimately execution. We don’t really have a 10 or a 15
That harms us. Don’t really have a worldy second wing.
Valentino great. Hooper great. 6 - I’d go
Halloway leota or even Samu??
Second row is rodda and Phillip for me
Front row im
Ok with our top line. Toupu off the bench.
10 and 15 are just such glaring questions now with no visible answers.
Kellaway has to come back to 15 and that takes us to competent.
10 - sheesh I don’t know

I know a few top NZ players who have been coached by rennie, Crowley, Joseph and others. They all say rennie is absolutely first rate. Next to only Joseph and Brown as a combo.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The only way is to keep hitting them with contestable kicks at training. Thousands of them. Whoever drops the least gets the gig. It’s become such a major part of those positions with the way the games being played at the moment. Picking a back 3 player who’s shakey under the bomb is now like picking a hooker who can’t throw in accurately or a THP who can’t scrummage. It doesn’t matter how they perform any of the other duties if they can’t do their principle role. I also think teams might be kicking to where Koro would be if he wasn’t do all his other awesome stuff.

Absolutely agree. But this will have to go for the flyhalf as well, given they drop back to fullback so often. Cooper was getting bombarded with bombs in the first Argie test. I see JOC (James O'Connor) and Lolo being targeted too.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Absolutely agree. But this will have to go for the flyhalf as well, given they drop back to fullback so often. Cooper was getting bombarded with bombs in the first Argie test. I see JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Lolo being targeted too.
Yep, 10 too.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The problems for Australia Rugby start well below the Wallabies. Stupid as is as stupid does supporting your competition
1660456903720.png

Status
Not open for further replies.