• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

LeCheese

Dave Cowper (27)
Well I don’t think I was expecting to wake up to a bonus point win. Exactly what this group needed. A nice touch from Slipper here:
"It was tough, most of the game we were behind so it's a real proud moment for me and the team," Slipper said.

"We wanted to put in a performance that the fans but also our captain, Hoops, would be proud of. I think we did that tonight."

wamberal99

Peter Burge (5)
Well I don’t think I was expecting to wake up to a bonus point win. Exactly what this group needed. A nice touch from Slipper here:
You didn't set the alarm? Did you go straight to the result when you surfaced, or look at the replay without knowing the result?

Marce

Nev Cottrell (35)
You didn't set the alarm? Did you go straight to the result when you surfaced, or look at the replay without knowing the result?
I haven't seen many landowners of the forum today, maybe they are still sleeping or waiting for the NRL games lol

PhilClinton

Peter Johnson (47)
Achilles injury at 34 years old - he will be lucky to come back from that one and still play top level footy unfortunately.

The injury circumstances are nearly identical to NBA star Kevin Durant. He suffered a calf injury and rushed back to play during the NBA Finals and suffered an Achilles injury his first game back. Two tales of caution for athletes in future similar situations.

dru

John Eales (66)
Started slow finished strong you maverick

Sure, it can be like that when you quote a specific point in the game where, well, McReight was a goose. [In from the side, not just in front of the ref but almost having to shoulder the ref out of the way to get there.] Had a great game overall. He and Holloway have plenty of upside and start from a great platform.

Oracle83

Dave Cowper (27)
Sure, it can be like that when you quote a specific point in the game where, well, McReight was a goose. [In from the side, not just in front of the ref but almost having to shoulder the ref out of the way to get there.] Had a great game overall. He and Holloway have plenty of upside and start from a great platform.
Sorry mate you missed the top gun inuendo - also I agreed with you and stated he started slow - they really showed some composure and tenacity to grind out that win

Reactions: dru

dru

John Eales (66)
Sorry mate you missed the top gun inuendo - also I agreed with you and stated he started slow - they really showed some composure and tenacity to grind out that win

Ha! all good. I did think that Fraser had a great game. He'll go well at this level.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Very pleasing win. Main disappointments were the injury to Cooper and that penalty to Argentina after Holloway’s miracle pickup, could have been an all time try.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

he had to. Valetini (I think?) was isolated. No one else was there, he had to do his bit to get the ball. It was a penalty either way because Pumas were on the ball.