• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
You didn't set the alarm? Did you go straight to the result when you surfaced, or look at the replay without knowing the result?
I haven't seen many landowners of the forum today, maybe they are still sleeping or waiting for the NRL games lol

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Achilles injury at 34 years old - he will be lucky to come back from that one and still play top level footy unfortunately.

The injury circumstances are nearly identical to NBA star Kevin Durant. He suffered a calf injury and rushed back to play during the NBA Finals and suffered an Achilles injury his first game back. Two tales of caution for athletes in future similar situations.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Started slow finished strong you maverick

Sure, it can be like that when you quote a specific point in the game where, well, McReight was a goose. [In from the side, not just in front of the ref but almost having to shoulder the ref out of the way to get there.] Had a great game overall. He and Holloway have plenty of upside and start from a great platform.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Sure, it can be like that when you quote a specific point in the game where, well, McReight was a goose. [In from the side, not just in front of the ref but almost having to shoulder the ref out of the way to get there.] Had a great game overall. He and Holloway have plenty of upside and start from a great platform.
Sorry mate you missed the top gun inuendo - also I agreed with you and stated he started slow - they really showed some composure and tenacity to grind out that win

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry mate you missed the top gun inuendo - also I agreed with you and stated he started slow - they really showed some composure and tenacity to grind out that win

Ha! all good. I did think that Fraser had a great game. He'll go well at this level.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Very pleasing win. Main disappointments were the injury to Cooper and that penalty to Argentina after Holloway’s miracle pickup, could have been an all time try.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

he had to. Valetini (I think?) was isolated. No one else was there, he had to do his bit to get the ball. It was a penalty either way because Pumas were on the ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty pleased with that, from half time onwards felt like Aus were dominant and was exciting to see us actually turn the screws and put the foot down.

Don’t know if Paisami is the answer at 12, how many dropped balls in that channel today? Pretty anonymous unfortunately.

good use of the bench, Tupou shored up the scrum nicely. Frost managed to employ some of his speed to pick up Petaia’a (I think) inside kick that I doubt many other locks would’ve got to. Also liked my hometown hero Leota’s involvement at the end, pretty damaging.

Valetini MOTM for me easily, bent lines at will amongst a forward pack that was really missing some go forward. Thought Fainga’a was great too.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
A mixed performance I thought..

White and Quade were controlling the game really poorly in the first half I thought, up until the injury of course. Some poor execution and discipline across the entire team and were lucky to go into the half with the score they did. Much better performance in the second half by the entire team. The players off the bench made a big impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.