• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia Sun, 7/8/2022, 5:10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That backline could do some serious damage in a hurry if they get in sinc and our piggies get a little better than parity.

Reactions: dru

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The back and forth between Gordon and McDermott doesn't really make any sense to me.
Maybe Rennie thinks that they are approximately equal in value but with completely different skillsets. By giving both of them time on the bench he keeps both ready to play if anything happens to White and he can pick which skillset he wants for which match.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe Rennie thinks that they are approximately equal in value but with completely different skillsets. By giving both of them time on the bench he keeps both ready to play if anything happens to White and he can pick which skillset he wants for which match.
I've always thought the same. And the healthy competition for spots is a good thing for us.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Roll of the dice going 6-2 with Petaia starting.
Hodge covers all backline spots bar 9, which is Gordon’s to cover. There’s versatility in the starters to switch around if needed and at a pinch Hooper or Samu could cover 12 in an emergency.

The battle is going to be won upfront , I like the 6-2 bench .

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
They are Rennie‘s favourite two words ‘skill set’ !

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Never used to be the case.
Besides, isn't it more important to protect the Wallaby "brand" and have every test available for every possible eyeball?
Probably but it is what it is. Rugby isn't important enough to pay to televise a middle of the night game.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Hodge covers all backline spots bar 9, which is Gordon’s to cover. There’s versatility in the starters to switch around if needed and at a pinch Hooper or Samu could cover 12 in an emergency.

The battle is going to be won upfront , I like the 6-2 bench .
It's ok but that bench shows to the world that you don't trust 100% in your forward pack. An international forwards pack should have 13 proper players to match against any team

Hodge covers many positions but lately in poor form in all

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And we wonder why the games struggling in Australia. What ever happened to the anti syphoning laws?

Yeah, the lack of televised 5am Sunday morning games is killing the sport in this country...

xf6gv3ms2yu11.gif

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Its on Stan. Sign up for your free week if not subscribed.
Every rugby supporter in Australia should be subscribed to Stan. It's cheaper than a test match ticket for ONE game.

The problem is the casual supporters but if you are a real supporter you should pay it. In my country I pay something like 12 bucks for our Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.