• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckhard

Bob McCowan (2)
how many times a week are the other teams training before and after xmas ? Are the Brisbane teams all going to train at the one venue ? I understand that the coaches aren't allowed to "train as a team" prior to xmas they have to go through the ARU skills program set out for the coaches is this true ?

Not sure on any of the "train as a team" part but they will be once a week until Jan at Ballymore as far as I am aware.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Training started here 13 November at twice a week on a Wed and Sun till 18 December with a break then till I think the 15 January. Plus the boys must either go along to the gym session on a Monday or do their own work at local gyms or at home.

Impressive so far :).

F

fireball

Could someone help me out and let me know who we make out the dreaded cheque to? I've misplaced my email with the details

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
And Shaun Killian for the north harbor u15's is a great asset as well, don't know much about the others. I do know that some of the country applicants were below standard, so will be interesting to see how they perform.

Which centers do you think will be disadvantaged with the lack of coaching depth, this is always going to be a problem for the country lads but you never know who is out there. I am sure there is quality just lacking the quantity same would apply to player depth in the bush. It would be nice to know that the ARU are throwing all their resources at these centers.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Which centers do you think will be disadvantaged with the lack of coaching depth, this is always going to be a problem for the country lads but you never know who is out there. I am sure there is quality just lacking the quantity same would apply to player depth in the bush. It would be nice to know that the ARU are throwing all their resources at these centers.
In speaking with some of the more learned coaches in the regions, and knowing some of the names appointed - I think areas such as illawarra (although they have jay tregonning who I think is a benefit) central coast, newcastle and north coast struggled to get quality applications, with the familiar names seeming to be on their respective junior rep coaching lists for some time. It will be interesting to see how all country centres perform, as IMO they would struggle to fill the allotted numbers with across the board quality. But you never know, they may find exceptional talent that someone else just never gave a chance.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
I could be wrong here but I'm not sure the level or standard of coaching is the be all and end all with the JGC, regardless of the coaching I'm sure all the boys will be better players for the experience and yes some of them will get better coaching than others but if all the coaches can get across to all the boys involved that it isn't so much about what you do on the field its about how you get there. The application and commitment that is required to play at a higher level than your peers. Talent isn't good enough, it will get you so far as will natural fitness that comes from being an active 14 -17 year old boy, but after that it is up to you.
If they all grasp that concept the further of australian rugby will be bright.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Mo
I could be wrong here but I'm not sure the level or standard of coaching is the be all and end all with the JGC, regardless of the coaching I'm sure all the boys will be better players for the experience and yes some of them will get better coaching than others but if all the coaches can get across to all the boys involved that it isn't so much about what you do on the field its about how you get there. The application and commitment that is required to play at a higher level than your peers. Talent isn't good enough, it will get you so far as will natural fitness that comes from being an active 14 -17 year old boy, but after that it is up to you.
If they all grasp that concept the further of australian rugby will be bright.[/quote

Most certainly agree talent alone will not ensure anything, but a well rounded coach on and off the field with solid support staff will bring all that is required together for a player to make the most of the opportunities given. Culture is the key. I have been impressed so far and I am keen to see what culture and bond developes within the squad. The JGC can only be good for our boys and the game, let's hope they are working on a Colts equivilant.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Sorry did that wrong..

Most certainly agree talent alone will not ensure anything, but a well rounded coach on and off the field with solid support staff will bring all that is required together for a player to make the most of the opportunities given. Culture is the key. I have been impressed so far and I am keen to see what culture and bond developes within the squad. The JGC can only be good for our boys and the game, let's hope they are working on a Colts equivilant.

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Well I'm not sure what peoples expectations are regarding quality but apparently Hunter have a Level 3 coach. ;)

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
re hunter my understanding is that is not the case. you will only be considered for the region in which you trialled. in any case my point remains, if kids were culled from the first week they clearly didn't impress. i don't know the circumstances of other boys added in the second week. but again you turn up on the day and stake your claim. there are a few to many excuses creeping in here the message to boys is control what you can and don't worry about other boys and what selectors may or may not do. you turn up you play no excuses and talent will out.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Tom Cat. It is untrue that the Hunter boys who are off to Sydney Schools did it to gain selection in a Sydney team. As explained at the first meeting, the timeframe of the JGC means that the boys can train and play for Hunter before their School team program's begin. Even though the Hunter has been a force in the Country Champs in this age group, it is stretching it a bit to suggest selection in the Hunter team would guarantee a spot in a Sydney team. I do agree that the player not picked was unlucky.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
I'm hearing Sydney teams that have had a couple of pull outs are looking to bring in National U16 boys who didn't submit a form originally but now want to walk into the squad after the christmas break. That would be very disappointing if it did happen, if you didn't want to be in the squad originally you have missed your chance give on of the boys who actually trialed ago.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Neither boy played in champs and have no intention of playing in Sydney for JGC. I was only clearing up a miss truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
As I stated in my post, I could not confirm what I was told, which was before the meeting. I wasn't stretching anything as it certainly wasn't my suggestion. I later found out that they would be playing for the Hunter and could of corrected the information but it was way back.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The meeting was before any trials,. My point is that rumours from 16 year olds is hardly the basis of fact. Perhaps confirming these rumours with ARU reps before posting would eliminate any suspicion of a flawed system without merit

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
The meeting was before any trials. My point is that rumours from 16 year olds is hardly the basis of fact.

Incorrect!
Trials came first, selection of squads second and then the induction meeting. Unless you are talking of some inhouse ARU meeting that others were not a party to because you are implying that I posted something that was contrary to general knowledge, which is incorrect.

Read my posts again and as I have reiterated a number of times now that it was not a basis of fact.

You have corrected the information so perhaps we should move on :).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Celebrate every occasion you don't have to join the lemmings out of the city on their daily afternoon migration southwards.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Celebrate every occasion you don't have to join the lemmings out of the city on their daily afternoon migration southwards.
U17 is at Woollahra Oval and only on Sundays - this Sunday should be interesting with the Australian Open on at RSGC and parking limited and extending to some of the woollahra golf course fairways, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.