• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU take over the Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think you need to look up the term confirmation bias.

That would suggest that I had some preconceived idea about the state and its population. Which to be honest I didn't. Outside of Perth being the capital and what I'd seen of the WACA on TV I had no idea.

I didn't hate my time there. Enjoyed most of it. Still have close friends in Perth. But I couldn't get over the chip. I didn't have an opinion on WA or Perth before living there. I don't have an opinion on Adelaide as I've never been. Which is why I found it weird that so many were quick to point out issues with a place many had never been to.

I also find it interesting that you feel the need jump into the conversation on the dedensive. Why does it really matter? I couldn't a shit what anyone says about NSW or Sydney. I may even agree with some of it but I'm not going to get all twisted up about it on the internet.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I also find it interesting that you feel the need jump into the conversation on the dedensive. Why does it really matter? I couldn't a shit what anyone says about NSW or Sydney.
Relax. You've played a few shots and he's played a few in reply.

Sure, there's some petty parochialism in WA. But I've seen it in many places – including Qld, NZ, and yes, even NSW. No shortage of examples on this website either.

But if it's cool like you say, a line can easily be put under and the forum reach their conclusions.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Relax. You've played a few shots and he's played a few in reply.

Sure, there's some petty parochialism in WA. But I've seen it in many places – including Qld, NZ, and yes, even NSW. No shortage of examples on this website either.

But if it's cool like you say, a line can easily be put under and the forum reach their conclusions.

I wasn't actually getting angry or annoyed. There wasn't and still isn't any point in doing so.

T

TOCC

Anyone who has lived in WA who isn't from WA can testify to the 'East Coast versus us' mentality that exists in Perth.

It's not to dissimilar to the FNQ vs SEQ debate, most SEQ MP (Moana Pasifika)'s o wouldn't even know that a debate existed but it's a major campaign issue for some FNQ MP (Moana Pasifika)'s. Not necessarily fuled by facts and logical arguments, but still their nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Bad luck Eastern Staters we are here to stay! Your happy enough to take all our GST revenue,

For many years the eastern states propped up W.A. The idea that they take all of W.A.'s GST is an often perpetuated lie.

The talk of secession of W.A. from Australia smacks of W.A. wanting to take its bat and ball and go home.

M

Moono75

For many years the eastern states propped up W.A. The idea that they take all of W.A.'s GST is an often perpetuated lie.

The talk of secession of W.A. from Australia smacks of W.A. wanting to take its bat and ball and go home.
OK let's shift the focus to the ARU bankrolling the Rebels to ensure the success of the private ownership model as let today's Australian Newspaper. Who's discussing that?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Shhhhh................an inconvenient truth.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Forget about all that secession bollocks, but to digress momentarily, the GST formula is a joke.

Anyway, back to rugby. Who's got a brilliant idea, because most of what I've heard is belly-aching with no solutions.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Ok here is my plan:

1. Sack Michael Foley. I don't actually think he's a horrible coach, but he's had four years now and there has been no discernible progress. Let's move on.

2. Appoint Laurie Fisher. Give him the ability to build a team of coaches and build a world class program.

3. Look to recruit a promising young 10- there are a few around.

4. Give it a year or so to build, put an attractive style on the field and see if you can make some progress.

5. Help DHP, Godwin and Coleman develop into first choice Wallabies.

6. Hope this fresh new style can attract crowds, and more importantly sponsors.

It's all fairly speculative, and may involve a bit of cash to get Fisher. But that seems to me to be a half-decent broad strategy to get things moving.

Though I am typing this from the bus after a few beers, so I acknowledge it could be complete gibberish.......

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Ok here is my plan:

1. Sack Michael Foley. I don't actually think he's a horrible coach, but he's had four years now and there has been no discernible progress. Let's move on.

2. Appoint Laurie Fisher. Give him the ability to build a team of coaches and build a world class program.

3. Look to recruit a promising young 10- there are a few around.

4. Give it a year or so to build, put an attractive style on the field and see if you can make some progress.

5. Help DHP, Godwin and Coleman develop into first choice Wallabies.

6. Hope this fresh new style can attract crowds, and more importantly sponsors.

It's all fairly speculative, and may involve a bit of cash to get Fisher. But that seems to me to be a half-decent broad strategy to get things moving.

Though I am typing this from the bus after a few beers, so I acknowledge it could be complete gibberish...

Fisher's at the Reds next year. (I wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.