• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Why Blues fans should be optimistic:​

It's February.

Why Blues fans should be worried​

crusader_zpsozbpm6f6.png

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Going to need the final word on the 2024 Designated Messiah.

I'm thinking Mark Telea, maybe CC, maybe Zarn again or even Perofuture again.....

famtree2_zpszcgkuuyt_(1)_gM1ZSpca1btZUrQisBYT1V.JPG

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?
I'm just a messenger for a higher power. The signs aren't always as clear as they seem though, maybe naming Finlay Christie was just their way of saying the Blues will be thrashed by the Red(head)s? Maybe I just kept spinning the wheel until the answer was funny enough to be worth posting?

It's impossible to know.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wk1 Debrief.

- Blues scrum the winning of the match against the radio rental Fijians. Allowed them to dictate field position

- Darry might look every inch the Grammar wanker but he threw himself about. Would hazard a guess he's already usurped giant lightweight Pari Pari Pants in the NZ lock pecking order.

- Choat vs Segner. too tight to call

- Funaki vs Christie vs Nock. the much maligned ranga organised well and is a fearless defender. Surprising given he has the physique of a small boy who has been lost in the forest for a month.

- Plummer vs Corey Evans. you'd have to say Plummer for the 2nd kicking option and organization on D

- Zarns left boot. FFS just fast track this lad into the AB fullback position. What a sight that kick is after the laughable tinpot 30 metre clearing kicks of B motherfucking B***ett.

RemainingInTheGame

Peter Burge (5)
Wk1 Debrief.

- Blues scrum the winning of the match against the radio rental Fijians. Allowed them to dictate field position

- Darry might look every inch the Grammar wanker but he threw himself about. Would hazard a guess he's already usurped giant lightweight Pari Pari Pants in the NZ lock pecking order.

- Choat vs Segner. too tight to call

- Funaki vs Christie vs Nock. the much maligned ranga organised well and is a fearless defender. Surprising given he has the physique of a small boy who has been lost in the forest for a month.

- Plummer vs Corey Evans. you'd have to say Plummer for the 2nd kicking option and organization on D

- Zarns left boot. FFS just fast track this lad into the AB fullback position. What a sight that kick is after the laughable tinpot 30 metre clearing kicks of B motherfucking B***ett.
@Dismal Pillock interested in your thoughts on Ta'avao's on field performance and Jipper's commentary.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
@Dismal Pillock interested in your thoughts on Ta'avao's on field performance and Jipper's commentary.
Pretty sure he plays in the front row. Really though he must be doing something right at scrumtime if he keeps getting picked for these top sides.

No idea who "Jipper" is sorry. If it's Joe Wheeler and the question is would you rather get waterboarded with the AIDS serum or listen to Joe Wheeler commentate a rugby football match then the answer is goddamnit open the gates to Gitmo motherfucker, here I am.

RemainingInTheGame

Peter Burge (5)
Pretty sure he plays in the front row. Really though he must be doing something right at scrumtime if he keeps getting picked for these top sides.

No idea who "Jipper" is sorry. If it's Joe Wheeler and the question is would you rather get waterboarded with the AIDS serum or listen to Joe Wheeler commentate a rugby football match then the answer is goddamnit open the gates to Gitmo motherfucker, here I am.
Jipper is James Parsons - first time I've seen on the Sky team.

Definitely a step above Joe Wheeler!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Now that Jordan is officially out for six months, yes please. That boot more than makes up for the odd mistake & those will become fewer & further between as he gains experience. Fucked if I know what happens if WJ comes back & picks up where he left off but what a problem to have.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Segner will be staying until at least 2026.

Segner on Wednesday confirmed he has signed a two-year extension with the Blues that will keep him with the Auckland-based Super Rugby Pacific franchise through 2026. He is also all-in on the Queen City, making Auckland his new provincial base.

Wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench, at least, sooner rather than later.