• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Very interested in this match, will be great to see the likes of Tatafu, Slipper, Mitchell, Horne and Barnes all coming back. I feel that lot will have a big part to play come WC time.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Canadian side to face Australian Barbarians

NAME (HOMETOWN, PROVINCE, CRC, HOME CLUB, SCHOOL)

1. Hubert Buydens (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Saskatoon Wild Oats, Walter Murray/University of Saskatchewan)
2. Pat Riordan (captain) (Surrey, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Burnaby Lake, Tamanawis Secondary/University of Victoria)
3. Jason Marshall (North Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Carson Graham Secondary/Simon Fraser University)
4. Jebb Sinclair (Fredericton, NB, London Irish/PRO, Fredericton Loyalists, Fredericton High School)
5. Jamie Cudmore (Squamish, BC, ASM Clermont Auvergne/PRO, Howe Sound Secondary)
6. Adam Kleeberger (White Rock, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Semiahmoo Secondary School/University of Victoria)
7. Chauncey O'Toole (Belleisle, NB, Ospreys/PRO, Belleisle Rovers, Belleisle Regional High School)
8. Aaron Carpenter (Brantford, ON, Plymouth Albion/PRO, Brantford Harlequins, Brantford Collegiate Institute/McMaster University)
9. Ed Fairhurst (Vancouver, BC, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. Michael's University School/University of Victoria)
10. Ander Monro (VC) (Victoria, BC, Ontario Blues/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenalmond College/Edinburgh University)
11. Phil Mackenzie (Oakville, ON, Esher/PRO, Oakville Crusaders, Appleby College/University of Victoria)
12. Ryan Smith (Calgary, AB, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Calgary Irish, Mayfield Secondary/University of Guelph)
13. DTH van der Merwe (Victoria, BC, Glasgow Warriors/PRO, James Bay, Dr. Martin LeBoldus)
14. Ciaran Hearn (Conception Bay South, NL, The Rock/CRC, Baymen RFC, Holy Spirit High School)
15. James Pritchard (Parkes, Australia, Bedford Blues/PRO, Randwick, Red Bend Catholic College)

Reserves:
16. Ryan Hamilton (West Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Rockridge Secondary/University of Victoria)
17. Scott Franklin (Regina, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Athol Murray College of Notre Dame/Camosun College)
18. Tyler Hotson (Vancouver, BC, Plymouth/PRO, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. George's School/University of British Columbia)
19. Nanyak Dala (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenwood High School/University of Saskatchewan)
20. Sean White (Victoria, BC, BC Bears/CRC, James Bay, Oak Bay High School)
21. Conor Trainor (Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, UBC Old Boys, St. George's School/University of Western Ontario)
22. Nathan Hirayama (Richmond, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Hugh McRoberts Secondary/University of Victoria)

There's only a few pros in that lot. Watch out for 5. Cudmore who plays for my French club, Clermont. He is a 24-carat nutter and king of the yellow card.

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
Watch out for 5. Cudmore who plays for my French club, Clermont. He is a 24-carat nutter and king of the yellow card.

I have a Canadian mate who predicted Cudmore would top the yellow card count at the World Cup... I'm expecting some interesting moments!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would nominate Adam Byrnes for that glorious prize now that he's playing for Russia.

As a long time Eastern Suburbs fan, I've seen him on the receiving end of plenty of cards.

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
Haha, I was just editing my entry to say the exact same thing about Adam Byrnes when you beat me to it, Braveheart.

Not speaking Russian must be a bit of a difficulty in the lineouts... It will probably just make him crankier and more likely to clock someone.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Jebb sinclair just signed with london irish a few weeks ago. he is a very big boy and adds to the beef in our second row.

not confident in our front row. Marshall looked like he was getting a bit of a workout against the states. can't see our lineouts getting anything done based on our last performance and the fact that Sharpe is in the mix.

Nathan hirayama has been touted as the "next big thing" for awhile. he was at the last world cup but didn't get any time. 23 now. time for him to do something.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Haha, I was just editing my entry to say the exact same thing about Adam Byrnes when you beat me to it, Braveheart.

Not speaking Russian must be a bit of a difficulty in the lineouts... It will probably just make him crankier and more likely to clock someone.

Read that he spoke Russian as a kid due to spending time with his Russian grandparents, so guess picking up simple words in lineout calls won't be a stretch for him.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
LG, no worries mate. I'm pretty keen to see how our boys on the comeback trail go in this one. Should be a good hit out.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would assume as per usual that this game will only be visible online via foxsports within Australia. If anyone knows if foxsports is going to broadcast it outside of their usual region, I'd appreciate a heads up. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom