• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jack Dempsey and Sione Tuipulotu among the best 6 players of Glasgow Warriors this season:
20220511_224526.jpg

JACK DEMPSEY​

Hailed as one of the signings of the season across northern hemisphere rugby, Dempsey joins fellow back-rower Darge on the shortlist after a superb first season in Glasgow colours.

The Australian number eight sits in the top 10 for metres made, carries, offloads and defenders beaten across the URC, highlighting his physical prowess with ball in hand.

Born in Sydney, he has scored five tries in his 20 outings to date this season, including a memorable 45 metre charge from the base of a scrum against the Dragons and a score against Leinster in the inaugural Plaster It Purple fixture at Scotstoun.

SIONE TUIPULOTU​

An impressive debut campaign for the Warriors sees Tuipulotu complete the seven-player shortlist, having immediately become a fan favourite with the Warrior Nation since his summer arrival from Yamaha Jubilo.

Winner of the McCrea Financial Services Warrior of the Month award for December 2021, the centre has scored four tries in his 18 appearances for the Warriors so far.

Blending pace, strength and footwork and comfortable at either inside or outside centre, Tuipulotu’s form earned him a Scotland debut against Tonga in the 2021 Autumn Nations Series at BT Murrayfield before coming off the bench in the Calcutta Cup win over England in the 2022 Guinness Six Nations.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Will be interesting to see the repercussions of the 2031 and 2033 RWC announcements for the USA.

You’d imagine some decent cash injections coming to the MLR. Of course they’ll be wanting to grow the game to strengthen the national side, but you need quality players to provide that framework.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Will be interesting to see the repercussions of the 2031 and 2033 RWC announcements for the USA.

You’d imagine some decent cash injections coming to the MLR. Of course they’ll be wanting to grow the game to strengthen the national side, but you need quality players to provide that framework.
I'm sure there will be some interesting signings after the world cup for MLR, but the big one might be coach movement - right now they probably get the best pay off from injecting top flight coaching through out the levels of their game, developing both players and the local coaches working alongside them.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interesting addendum to last week's chat about France going a tier above England with their salary caps: Saracens, England's evil empire juggernaut were handily done away with on the weekend by Toulon (who sit 8th on the French ladder). Meant to be an easy Sarries win but apparently not.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm sure there will be some interesting signings after the world cup for MLR, but the big one might be coach movement - right now they probably get the best pay off from injecting top flight coaching through out the levels of their game, developing both players and the local coaches working alongside them.
Top 14 has defeated Premiership in salaries for a long time. It's not a scoop

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Quade has been in LA for the launch of his clothing brand - is he just training with the Giltinis or actually signed up as a player?

You've gotta feel for the opposition if he's actually playing - the bloke is likely to be running out for the Wallabies in a few weeks and some of the other MLR teams would be lucky to beat a highschool First XV team.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Quade has been in LA for the launch of his clothing brand - is he just training with the Giltinis or actually signed up as a player?

You've gotta feel for the opposition if he's actually playing - the bloke is likely to be running out for the Wallabies in a few weeks and some of the other MLR teams would be lucky to beat a highschool First XV team.
He’s leading a couple of training sessions for them while he’s holidaying. Probably not a bad way to offset your trip expenses

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
He’s leading a couple of training sessions for them while he’s holidaying. Probably not a bad way to offset your trip expenses

Also not a bad move from the Giltini's long term, I'm sure Quade will start winding down after the RWC, a couple of stints in the MLR to top up his super would be ideal.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Also not a bad move from the Giltini's long term, I'm sure Quade will start winding down after the RWC, a couple of stints in the MLR to top up his super would be ideal.
Absolutely - who knows, could be in the works and this is just a test run to see if both parties get along

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested watching the Crusaders' U20 playing on weekend, got a pretty good No8, surname Brial, son of Micheal Brial!!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently Adam Coleman is going to make the switch to Tonga - no great surprise.

Bloke would still easily be top 4 Australian locks. Put an immense shift in on the weekend. If we had all locks playing in Aus, we'd be the envy of the rugby world.

With him and the other ring ins playing for Tonga, they'll could upset some people. Definitely a bit better than the 100-0 shellacking last year.

I think after this RWC cycle WR (World Rugby) will implement a less than 10 caps rule or something.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bloke would still easily be top 4 Australian locks. Put an immense shift in on the weekend. If we had all locks playing in Aus, we'd be the envy of the rugby world.

With him and the other ring ins playing for Tonga, they'll could upset some people. Definitely a bit better than the 100-0 shellacking last year.

I think after this RWC cycle WR (World Rugby) will implement a less than 10 caps rule or something.
No he wouldn't. He oversaw some of the worst lineout performances I've ever seen from the Wallabies. I'd have the majority of our local locks and Arnold ahead of him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fair to say that when Coleman left Australia he'd had a spate of injuries that he'd played through and a poor run of form.

There's no doubt that at his best he's a very good player. I'd say he'd be very likely to make the Wallaby squad if he was still playing here but uncertain whether he'd still be in our best 23.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
No he wouldn't. He oversaw some of the worst lineout performances I've ever seen from the Wallabies. I'd have the majority of our local locks and Arnold ahead of him.

I've watched a bit of London Irish this year & while he has been good I certainly dont think he has played to his paycheck. He wouldn't be getting picked ahead of Arnold nor Skelton.

We just need Korevi to sign a futures contract so we can pick Rory!