• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
No he wouldn't. He oversaw some of the worst lineout performances I've ever seen from the Wallabies. I'd have the majority of our local locks and Arnold ahead of him.
Eh, agree to disagree. He's a favourite of London Irish and highest paid player. Starts regularly over 100 cap Simmons.

Arnold, Skelton, Coleman & then take your pick of any home based ones. There's a reason those 3 are being paid squillions and Rodda & Philip failed to make an impact at Lyon and Pau respectively.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Eh, agree to disagree. He's a favourite of London Irish and highest paid player. Starts regularly over 100 cap Simmons.

Arnold, Skelton, Coleman & then take your pick of any home based ones. There's a reason those 3 are being paid squillions and Rodda & Philip failed to make an impact at Lyon and Pau respectively.
I thought Philip did make a big impact at Pau. I remember hearing good things.

Dunno about Rodda. Swain may well be ahead of him soon, anyway.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
We just need Korevi to sign a futures contract so we can pick Rory!
If Rennie really wants to pick anyone outside the 'rules' I think he will. Whether that happens this year, or they wait until we get spanked a bit and then open the doors for the RWC, we'll have to wait and see.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Quade has been in LA for the launch of his clothing brand - is he just training with the Giltinis or actually signed up as a player?

You've gotta feel for the opposition if he's actually playing - the bloke is likely to be running out for the Wallabies in a few weeks and some of the other MLR teams would be lucky to beat a highschool First XV team.
Just training with mates

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I've watched a bit of London Irish this year & while he has been good I certainly dont think he has played to his paycheck. He wouldn't be getting picked ahead of Arnold nor Skelton.

We just need Korevi to sign a futures contract so we can pick Rory!
Yes please! Kerevi is an ideal target for a futures contract as he has expressed desire to return, and it allows for the picking of Arnold (or Banks) for the RC, and any tests next year leading to the WC.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
No he wouldn't. He oversaw some of the worst lineout performances I've ever seen from the Wallabies. I'd have the majority of our local locks and Arnold ahead of him.
Are u kidding me? Pommies love him, he's one of the favourites.
20220523_225519.jpg

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not sure a couple of comments and a training highlights package equates to a Wallabies jersey? Plenty of players who are liked by fans who but not quite national level (e.g. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young), Marty Banks, etc.)
Come on! You can't compare Adam with those guys. He has played a lot of Super Rugby, over 30 international caps, now he has European experience.

He's a natural competitor for a RWC spot. He has the size of an international lock too. I mean, he has a lot of good features

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought Philip did make a big impact at Pau. I remember hearing good things.

Dunno about Rodda. Swain may well be ahead of him soon, anyway.
Already is D. and a couple of others as well. ATM, Rodda is the over-hyped lock in the country. Excellent at lineout but overtaken by at least Philip, Swain, Smith, Neville, Holloway and Frost in defence and especially with ball in hand.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’d take an inform Coleman back in a second. Over Arnold and Skelton.

Acknowledging his form took a dive at the end for the Wallabies, with I think extenuating circumstances, but I think he’s brilliant. Tough as teak. Awesome lineout forward. He’d make a brilliant combo with Swain.

But I’m thrilled for Tonga that he’ll play for them. He’ll be a vital tight 5 option for them and I know he takes a lot of pride in his Tongan heritage.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coleman has been great when he's on the pitch for London Irish, the issue is I doubt he's even played 50% of their games. He's a card magnet too - especially with the high crackdown.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We voted him co-2017 Wallaby Player of the Year.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why on earth would you pick Coleman over the form locks playing well in Super Rugby? Coleman made his choice and turned his back on Aus footy, he was in diabolical form and collected a bunch of cards for his trouble. Swain, Frost, and Holloway are doing it the hard way and nailing it, Philip and Smith are solid in shaky teams. The only lock with no equal is Arnold, even then I would rather reward the boys doing it properly. If Coleman wants to make the World Cup, he better call his agent, get back to Australia and show us some form.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why on earth would you pick Coleman over the form locks playing well in Super Rugby? Coleman made his choice and turned his back on Aus footy, he was in diabolical form and collected a bunch of cards for his trouble. Swain, Frost, and Holloway are doing it the hard way and nailing it, Philip and Smith are solid in shaky teams. The only lock with no equal is Arnold, even then I would rather reward the boys doing it properly. If Coleman wants to make the World Cup, he better call his agent, get back to Australia and show us some form.

Ahhh he’s playing for Tonga. Stand down.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tonga, they are going to win the WC.
Sekope Kepu, Adam Coleman, Charles Piutau, Malakai Fekitoa, Israel Folau + Moana Pasifika's players lol
Kepu has said he will support from his couch. BUT those players PLUS other ex internationals - Timani, Moala, Fafita, Pulu and maybe Moli

Going to be a strng "1st XV"
1. Moli 2. Moli 3. Tuungafasi
4. Coleman 5. Lousi
6. Fafita 8. Timani 7. Fainga'a
9. Pulu 10. Faiava 11. Saumaki 12. Moala 13. Fekitoa 14. Folau 15. Piutau

16. Ngauamo 17. Uhila 18. Tameifuna 19. Mafi 20. Vailanu 21. Takulua 22. Haisila 23. Vaeinu

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kepu has said he will support from his couch. BUT those players PLUS other ex internationals - Timani, Moala, Fafita, Pulu and maybe Moli

Going to be a strng "1st XV"
1. Moli 2. Moli 3. Tuungafasi
4. Coleman 5. Lousi
6. Fafita 8. Timani 7. Fainga'a
9. Pulu 10. Faiava 11. Saumaki 12. Moala 13. Fekitoa 14. Folau 15. Piutau

16. Ngauamo 17. Uhila 18. Tameifuna 19. Mafi 20. Vailanu 21. Takulua 22. Haisila 23. Vaeinu
Lopeti or Sitaleki? After WC Laumape will be elegible too. I'm not sure if this was a good idea lol