• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^^^^^ NZR allows Franchises to have up to three players on their books who aren't currently NZ-eligible. One can be someone intending to qualify by residence under WR (World Rugby) regs; one can be someone who will never qualify (usually referred to as a Marquee Player); the other(s) can be PI-eligible regardless of whether or not they intend to become NZ-qualified. My info is that Ala'ala'toa is currently under #3 but given he's never formally committed to Samoa I suspect he's really there under #1 & given also the rate at which we're burning through props right now I wouldn't be surprised to see him on our EOYT, this being his third year in the NZ system.

Is he Australian born and of Islander descent?

Kinda lame eh. Already comfortably best in the world and you are pinching our talent. That said, we both do it to the Islands endlessly so i guess i can't feel too butthurt about it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't worry Wilson, I thought it was funny. Solid reference.

Agreed.
latest

kaze33

Stan Wickham (3)
Probably going to Bordeaux.

More surprising for Kane Douglas. You have good young locks but it s a good player, wearing again the Green and gold jersey was impossible for him ?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Probably going to Bordeaux.

More surprising for Kane Douglas. You have good young locks but it s a good player, wearing again the Green and gold jersey was impossible for him ?

Not impossible, but he'll struggle for game time at the reds this year and really needs to be starting at a super side to get back to the wallabies. Only place he could reliably get a start at the moment is the waratahs and there's no way he'd see anywhere near what a french team would offer there. If he doesn't see making the 2019 world cup as a realistic option then now is the time to move.

Means there'll be a real lack of experienced locks in Australia next year though, would be great to see a couple of guys like Horwill, Pyle and Jones making their way back to Australian sides next year.

T

TOCC

Moses Alo-Emile, the younger brother of Paul Alo-Emile has joined his brother at Stade Francais for the next 3 years.

Like his brother he is a quality young tight head prop, only finished school last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^
Obviously and a bit like Paulie, does not see any short term value in staying in Australia or maybe
the "talent scouts" didn't view him with the requisite potential (at this time).

Can't blame either of them chasing the mighty dollar.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
^^^^^
Obviously and a bit like Paulie, does not see any short term value in staying in Australia or maybe
the "talent scouts" didn't view him with the requisite potential (at this time).

Can't blame either of them chasing the mighty dollar.

Initially, I didn't mind it Paul's move. I like forwards getting some northern hemisphere experience but when he decided to stay and then get capped by Samoa I couldn't believe it.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Initially, I didn't mind it Paul's move. I like forwards getting some northern hemisphere experience but when he decided to stay and then get capped by Samoa I couldn't believe it.

For a young man in that environment, not everyone would take the chance of a future wallaby cap over a solid decade of earning more money.