• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
This team could be a lot more experienced. Unless they are on European Summer mode I just think guys like Samu, Swinton, Foley etc should be able to roll them.
Hard to say remember the 2nd and 3rd tier sides are on the improve
Not bad depth though considering below either injured or not available for selection between the 2 squads
Robertson
Rodda
AAA
Ikatau
Neville
Holloway
Hooper
Wilson
Cooper
Hodge

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You’re right, they are. I’m just saying that we are putting out a team that last year would have started Tests. The very bottom of the World Cup sides should be flogged.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Completely unsubstantiated rumour I heard this afternoon was that Harry Wilson opted out. Would rather try and win a Premiership with Brothers.

Came from a current teammate of his at Brothers but he could have just assumed that or inferred it from something.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Completely unsubstantiated rumour I heard this afternoon was that Harry Wilson opted out. Would rather try and win a Premiership with Brothers.

Came from a current teammate of his at Brothers but he could have just assumed that or inferred it from something.

Going to suck if bond bounce them this week… and he watches his mates fly out this weekend

But good for Harry not having a foot in 2 diff camps

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)

Unsubstantiated indeed. Devil‘s advocate; you’re 23 years of age who recently signed a new contact until 2025 and you are selected in the 2nd national team with the opportunity to prove your case in a RWC year and you turn down the offer knowing that the current Wallabies coach is contracted until after the next RWC in 2027. You are either insane, taking advice from people who are bloody idiots, or have determined that rugby is not your career.
It do not see the surprise by Wilson’s non selection in the A team. He is not of the desired athletic physic, nor attain the the fundamentals of a test quality No8. Think Vermeulun, Read, Parisse and Savea. Now Valetini, Leota, Gleeson and Tom Hooper have what is takes and all are already in front of Wilson. I totally get Eddie’s selections and anyone having played at a representative No8 level will too.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)

Portugal or club title. Go Harry. Get it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Informed sources said there were no conversations between Cooper and Rugby Australia about his availability for the Australia “A” game. Familiar with Cooper’s strengths, Jones chose to take Foley and O’Connor instead, and the absence of flanker Jed Holloway fell into the same category.

Cooper is set to return to Japan, where he will begin preparing for the new Japanese League One season with Kintetsu.

But in a surprise twist, Cooper could still end up in France during the Rugby World Cup, and on hand for an emergency call-up.

Since being overlooked by Jones, informed sources said Cooper has been approached by champion French club Toulouse – the club of Antoine Dupont and recently injured No.10 Romain Ntamack – about a short-term contract during the tournament. It would require clearance from Kintetsu.
Gordon, who was named as the only No.10 in the World Cup squad, said Cooper had been a huge influence on him.

“Obviously I have learned a lot from Quade and he has been massive for my growth in the last few months,” Gordon said.

We are still super close and we still talk a little bit. He sent me a really nice message when the squad came out and said he is here for me, and is going to continue to help me as much as he can. So that just shows the person he is, and how good a bloke he is.”
Alrighty Quade I take back my mean comments, you’re alright.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Funny Reg? Rennie didn’t and now Eddie doesn’t see potential … do you think otherwise being a former backrow?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Teddy looks to be a good player but miles off this level. I really didn’t think he dominated at u20 level in South Africa, but he is a good prospect. Put the runs on the board first.
Did you watch any of the games? He was one of the best players from the u20s southern hemisphere. He may not be at this level currently but i'll back that he's going to play against the Lions for the Wallabies.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
The latter... although from memory there's still the Aus Barbarians squad to be announced for their French trip.

According to Doran...

Hooper has been left out due to his calf...

Jed Holloway opted out to possibly spend time with family...

Cooper had a tantrum after not being selected for the Wallabies and will be sitting on the couch instead.
So Jed is a family man but Quade‘s chucking a tantrum?

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Quade's a bit of a prima donna then, with only Gordon selected at 10, there's a very large chance we call up an extra fly half. This way he's taken his chance of appearing at the RWC from ~35% to 0.
It‘s taken you to 2023 to realize that Quade is a prima donna?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
For those interested in the confirmed date for the Portugal game.

1692245410200.png