• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fines was to be named but he is apparently keen to declare for Fiji. So they've been caught short.

Tuttle perhaps injured? So perhaps Prior if they are ok with an old head or Robertson, Grant or Jeans.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Fines was to be named but he is apparently keen to declare for Fiji. So they've been caught short.

Tuttle perhaps injured? So perhaps Prior if they are ok with an old head or Robertson, Grant or Jeans.
That explains it then, Tuttle seems likely but Grant would make sense with the NSW fly-halves. I guess Jeans is the choice if they want someone younger without drawing from the 20's, but I'm not sure he's done enough.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just noticed no Carter Gordon either.

My go at the strongest team:

1 Tom Robertson
2 Feleti Kaitu'u
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes
4 Ned Hanigan
5 Ryan Smith
6 Tim Anstee
7 Fraser McReight
8 Seru Uru
9 Ryan Lonergan
10 Ben Donaldson
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Lalakai Foketi
13 Reece Hodge
14 Mark Nawaqanitawase
15 Jock Campbell

16 Billy Pollard
17 Matt Gibbon
18 Feao Fotuaika
19 Ryan McCauley
20 Will Harris
21 An Other
22 Hamish Stewart
23 Andy Muirhead

Marce

John Thornett (49)
My Australia A starting XV:

1 Robertson
2 Kaitu'u
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4 McCauley
5 Smith
6 Tim Anstee
7 McReight
8 Will Harris
9 Lonergan
10 Ginger Edmed
11 Muirhead
12 Foketi
13 Stewart
14 Nawaqanitawase
15 Campbell

16 Faessler
17 Hoopert
18 Fotuaika
19 Hanigan
20 Seru Uru
21 Ben Donaldson
22 Reece Hodge
23 Dylan Pietsch

There's not replace for 9 lol

Maybe is a wink for...
who-throws-a-shoe-honestly-memesofficial-rugby-wallabies-nick-phipps-3463333.png

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just noticed no Carter Gordon either.

My go at the strongest team:

1 Tom Robertson
2 Feleti Kaitu'u
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes
4 Ned Hanigan
5 Ryan Smith
6 Tim Anstee
7 Fraser McReight
8 Seru Uru
9 Ryan Lonergan
10 Ben Donaldson
11 Filipo Daugunu
12 Lalakai Foketi
13 Reece Hodge
14 Mark Nawaqanitawase
15 Jock Campbell

16 Billy Pollard
17 Matt Gibbon
18 Feao Fotuaika
19 Ryan McCauley
20 Will Harris
21 An Other
22 Hamish Stewart
23 Andy Muirhead

Looks good, should be a genuine chance at beating all 3 sides. Only changes I'd have is Edmed over Donaldson and Muirhead over Nawaqanitawase

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks good, should be a genuine chance at beating all 3 sides. Only changes I'd have is Edmed over Donaldson and Muirhead over Nawaqanitawase
yep, both very justified those selections. Would be fine with either of those 10s. I do get the feeling they'll give Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) the most game time to bring him along. Muirhead would have a fairly strong case over Daugunu to be honest.

Personally I am a little surprised by Strachan's selection. I barely see him as Super Rugby quality.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Maybe Edmed gets the nod just having spent most time there recently.
Personally I am a little surprised by Strachan's selection. I barely see him as Super Rugby quality.
He did well in Fantasy, not that counts for anything.

Distinct lack of big bodies, might get eaten up by the bigger sides.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Only thing that makes sense there for me is that they really want to use Donaldson at 10 and Hodge at 13 so Strachan comes in as fullback cover by default.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Maybe Edmed gets the nod just having spent most time there recently.

He did well in Fantasy, not that counts for anything.

Distinct lack of big bodies, might get eaten up by the bigger sides.
Or Donaldson gets more time at 10 since his injury.
Both good 10’s.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
It could be just a case of him wanting game time. Force have a solid no9 combo in Prior and FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner).
FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) is a lock who has signed for Worcester and wont be back at the Force, you are thinking of Issak Fines-Leleiwasa.

No suggestion/discussion of wanting to release McDonald, he's a WA boy. Prior is on his last legs (if he has any left) and McDonald showed how good he was at the end of the season .