• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If the Wallabies aren't winning the collisions, I wouldn't be reaching out to Hanigan...
I dont think there is any Australian 6 that can address that issue outside Leota.

Wilson runs real hard but he picks out two set defenders each time. Might as well pick a 6 who brings some other skills to the table.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I dont think there is any Australian 6 that can address that issue outside Leota.

Wilson runs real hard but he picks out two set defenders each time. Might as well pick a 6 who brings some other skills to the table.

1664518033560.png

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)

Wilson has great skills, but as mentioned he tends to bring out his inner “Rabbitoh” and invite the collision. Find that strange seeing he was told to work on his footwork pre-collision by Rennie.

His hand-eye coordination is crazy, very good cricketer. Not sure if he still holds the record, but at one stage had the fastest century in Qld GPS cricket as a notch in his belt.

Having seen him play since his mid teens , footwork at/before collision is it really. Work ethic and attitude are first class.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Wilson has great skills, but as mentioned he tends to bring out his inner “Rabbitoh” and invite the collision. Find that strange seeing he was told to work on his footwork pre-collision by Rennie.

His hand-eye coordination is crazy, very good cricketer. Not sure if he still holds the record, but at one stage had the fastest century in Qld GPS cricket as a notch in his belt.

Having seen him play since his mid teens , footwork at/before collision is it really. Work ethic and attitude are first class.
Wilson looks like he's used to being the biggest bloke on the field. A big part of the number 8s job nowdays is to get over the gainline consistently which he just isn't doing.

As you say, lots of other great qualities, but it's the one thing holding him from being international standard atm.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wilson looks like he's used to being the biggest bloke on the field. A big part of the number 8s job nowdays is to get over the gainline consistently which he just isn't doing.

As you say, lots of other great qualities, but it's the one thing holding him from being international standard atm.
Maybe he needs to learn how to use a bit of footwork?

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I do wonder if there is anyone around to teach him how to use a little footwork.
Valetini has excellent footwork, its a major part of his success as a ball runner. Watch how often he spins out of contact to gain a few extra yards.

I have no idea why Wilson hasn't incorporated this into game after multiple seasons in a professional environment.

Alex Ross (28)
Valetini has excellent footwork, its a major part of his success as a ball runner. Watch how often he spins out of contact to gain a few extra yards.

I have no idea why Wilson hasn't incorporated this into game after multiple seasons in a professional environment.
Watching too many run it straight videos

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)

To me he looks really rushed as well as his opportunities have dropped.

As though he is trying too hard? If that is possible. It is hard when you are trying to earn a constant starting spot not to do that.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reminds me of Marv Albert's last season commentating on the NBA. You'd hear random noises and heavy breathing and wonder just what the hell was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.