• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
yeah - I understand what you said.

I think playing rugby matches is better for game sense. practice just does not do that in any way shape or form.
I agree playing is better.
But i also think if he toured with Aus A he would have had a long season away from home, which can burn players out

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lovely break and kick from Donaldson leads to a good try from Nawaqanitawase. Aus A are now in front 27-22. Lonergan is 5/5 so far tonight.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think this match has exposed there's some real depth problems in Australian rugby. Some players have shown Wallabies potential, but some have shown they aren't at this level.
If we win, and we're currently up by 5 with 12 to go. That's a great performance. I don't get the negativity.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If we win, and we're currently up by 5 with 12 to go. That's a great performance. I don't get the negativity.
While i am cognizant that the japan team is verging on their actual test team, and the australians are clearly an "a" team - I think i am most disappointed in how the australians have performed in contact. It's the lack of cohesion in our forwards that is the issue and how they don't seem to know what is happening with the ball or their team mates.

very disjointed and that is leading to some of teh players just not being able to showcase what they can offer.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Should be noted we lost our first match in the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) too and then beat Fiji and Tonga convincingly. Some of the guys were in the Bledisloe 23 last week and squad. Probably had 1-2 proper training sessions together. We should only get better (as will Japan).

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
That was some nice footwork/deception from Mark Nawaqanitawase.

Edit: ....and a nice conversion from Donaldson too.

Status
Not open for further replies.