• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia: now the worlds most hated team, and whinging saffas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
What about this year? Super Rugby and Tri Nations Champions.

I don't get the vitriol towards Pocock, it's not a surprise that Bryce allowed a free for all at the breakdown, as he does in every match. Bam played to that, and frankly if he hadn't then I'd be dissapointed. It's not like the Saffas were angels in that match either.

mose i meant that. seems like a year ago when reds glory was happenings. my bad.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm with Blue on this. I Can't see anything much in GH's words and perhaps despite the hurt he deserves time to gloat. He needs to move on now tho

Who knows, Kiwis might possibly have heard the jokes about trophies and choking. None of it's not important. If you thnk about it, the wallabies match did run to from and there were plenty of signs of Australia's ability to defend and inability to attack. To much of Denas' plan involves individual brilliance and not enough teamwork

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Re Henry's arsehole comments -

One outcome of this whole thing is just what "showing the AB's / haka / Richie" respect means - you do want we want, not what we do. If you dont, you're not showing respect.

I find using the concept of "respect" in such a hypocritical and self serving way shameful. I also find pretty shamefull hearing a rugby crowd repeatedly booing and victimising one player - it goes way beyond booing a kicker for example, and certainly doesn't show any level of respect to the game.

Kangaroo Sausage

Peter Burge (5)
Re Henry's arsehole comments -

One outcome of this whole thing is just what "showing the AB's / haka / Richie" respect means - you do want we want, not what we do. If you dont, you're not showing respect.

I find using the concept of "respect" in such a hypocritical and self serving way shameful. I also find pretty shamefull hearing a rugby crowd repeatedly booing and victimising one player - it goes way beyond booing a kicker for example, and certainly doesn't show any level of respect to the game.

Sanctimonious much? i mean its not like the crowd were chanting "Coopers a w*nker" as he ran into bowl. Oops i mean kick

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm with Blue on this. I Can't see anything much in GH's words and perhaps despite the hurt he deserves time to gloat. He needs to move on now tho

Who knows, Kiwis might possibly have heard the jokes about trophies and choking. None of it's not important. If you thnk about it, the wallabies match did run to from and there were plenty of signs of Australia's ability to defend and inability to attack. To much of Denas' plan involves individual brilliance and not enough teamwork

I agree, nothing wrong with what henry said at all to me.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)

How far do you want to go back? Start with a certain AB players cheap shot on Kefu FROM BEHIND. Richie gives better then he gets. For god sakes- MOVE ON!
Very much over the shit Aussies cop. We are whingers if we complain and if we shut up we still get it.

Far as I see it, both SA and AB's complain whether they win or lose.

Definitely over the booing of supporters and the flapping arms like vultures by players on the field to get the ref to make a call.

Take a leaf out of the Northern Hemisphere (Scotland) supporters - respectful and quite no matter who was kicking for goal.

What ever happened to appreciating good rugby!

P

pete88

Yes. If we can draw distinctions between handbags and king hits, why can't we draw a distinction between that and this:
[video=youtube;L3HvvvnlGQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HvvvnlGQI[/video]

That said, I have no real issue with Henry's comments. As far as answering the question he was asked goes, they were correct: Cooper rightly or wrongly has lost the respect of the Kiwi public and will have to earn it back. He could have by playing awesome rugby this tournament and put the ABs to the sword in the final. I think they'd stop booing if it didn't work, and as rugby fans they can appreciate a good player.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
The Wallaby players, australian media and quite a few fans spent the whole week leading up to it talking rent a quote about how much pressure the AB's were under, can we handle the pressure, so much pressure, lots of pressured in an effort to put the pressure on the All Blacks to the highest possible level.

Game day comes, the AB's dominate the match and a high profile Wallaby player (part of the rent a quote crowd in the leadup) wilts under the pressure.

Frankly, I think you've gotten off lightly & if you have a problem with GHs comments (which I can't see a single thing in), then I think a bit of harden the fuck up is required. Wanna give out shit? Be prepared to take it when it doesn't pay off.

I am well and truly over the whole booing of cooper thing though.

P

pete88

Mostly agree, but I'm an arsehole, if I were a Kiwi I would probably boo Cooper during games if I knew it was working and maybe feel slightly bad about it afterwards.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Mostly agree, but I'm an arsehole, if I were a Kiwi I would probably boo Cooper during games if I knew it was working and maybe feel slightly bad about it afterwards.

I suspect this Cup will probably now make this standard behaviour from supporters from both sides. We Aussies are just as ugly as the kiwis. Sad though.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Wallaby players, australian media and quite a few fans spent the whole week leading up to it talking rent a quote about how much pressure the AB's were under, can we handle the pressure, so much pressure, lots of pressured in an effort to put the pressure on the All Blacks to the highest possible level.

Game day comes, the AB's dominate the match and a high profile Wallaby player (part of the rent a quote crowd in the leadup) wilts under the pressure.

Frankly, I think you've gotten off lightly & if you have a problem with GHs comments (which frankly, I can't see a single thing in), then I think a bit of harden the fuck up is required. Wanna give out shit? Be prepared to take it when it doesn't pay off.

I am well and truly over the whole booing of cooper thing though.

Take it from a Wallaby fan who has no time for mouthing off. The whole build up to this game was like the first Bledisloe all over again. Just full of talking shit and writing cheques we have yet to cash. As in the first Bledisloe the cheque bounced and we all look stupid for it.

I'm over the whole bloody trans-tasman rivalry thing. We are competitive against each other and have always been but the way we carry on disgraces the legacy that we faught in the trenches together.

I prefer my rugby on the field thanks. All the other shit can be shoved where the sun don't shine.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Take it from a Wallaby fan who has no time for mouthing off. The whole build up to this game was like the first Bledisloe all over again. Just full of talking shit and writing cheques we have yet to cash. As in the first Bledisloe the cheque bounced and we all look stupid for it.

I'm over the whole bloody trans-tasman rivalry thing. We are competitive against each other and have always been but the way we carry on disgraces the legacy that we faught in the trenches together.

I prefer my rugby on the field thanks. All the other shit can be shoved where the sun don't shine.

As I said to a friend on Friday, the Wallabies love to talk a good game and whenever they do, they play like chumps.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Personally, I despise the current french side much more than I have ever hated most teams ever including the Australians. In fact.... I've never hated Australians..... 'cept for Finane

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Personally, I despise the current french side much more than I have ever hated most teams ever including the Australians. In fact.... I've never hated Australians..... 'cept for Finane

Personally, I would love to see both Wales and the Wallabies play some running rugby. Pressure of the Cup has meant that all teams (Blacks included) have played high percentage, low risk rugby. Which makes sense. However, would have loved someone to be successful playing some adventurous rugby. Means that next World Cup will probably be more of the same, as the blueprint will still apply.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Where did I mention cricket? Try reading my post.

The problem with Henry's comments is the idea of handing out a lecture on a single player in a team you've beaten. Poor form in anyone's book.

Was he asked or did he raise it?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Was he asked or did he raise it?

He was asked. Perhaps he should have said, full credit to quade, it was a game of 2 halves and rugby was the winner on the day.

Instead of offering his opinon of it, which I thought was frank, firm and honest.

Reactions: DPK

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Where did I mention cricket? Try reading my post.

The problem with Henry's comments is the idea of handing out a lecture on a single player in a team you've beaten. Poor form in anyone's book.
Bollocks gagger. He was asked about it , gave his opinion, and if that his opinion do you think he should lie?? That reflects badly on you if you do mate. Didn't we have NSW prem having great delight calling ABs chokers etc at civic ceremony as Wallabies left? I don't think that was smart. In saying that I also over the Cooper booing stuff, and funnily enough saw a few kiwis on PR forum saying same thing.
Mind you if I thought I could help get him to drop an up and under.........

Status
Not open for further replies.