• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina - 21 November, Newcastle

footy1>31

Charlie Fox (21)
For the Tahs diehards, Newy has been such a horrible roadtrip (2012 Scotland, Sunwolves, Blues). Hoops to avenge the record and Wallabies to smash.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Speculation based on your own play? (Actually, I like it.)

Seems to me that Hanigan is a better 6 than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) but not a better lock. We have a wealth of options in the back row but not in the second row - so we can put Rennie selections into perspective.

Despite the general enthusiasm for the Argie back row I back our guys there. Second row has its issues. This is Rennie take with the personnel currently available. It is interesting. I’m not going to call it inspiring right now but I’m hoping Rennie proves it that way.

Thank god we are playing any colour but black.

WBs by 12.

My self assessment was that I was shite and unathletic.

Hanigan isn't shite, but I just don't think he is athletic enough to be a test rugby 6 or lock.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Love to hear any thoughts/feedback.

Also on your Apple Podcasts app/Spotify, under Best On Ground

Interesting point Sumo makes about Rennie's desire for consecutive efforts from his players. If your looking for a reason Samu is not there this probably it - for all his strengths he has a habit of going missing for periods of games, certainly he doesn't match the likes of Hanigan or Wilson for repeat efforts.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
My self assessment was that I was shite and unathletic.

Hanigan isn't shite, but I just don't think he is athletic enough to be a test rugby 6 or lock.

Strange. Almost no one on these boards would challenge his athleticism. From his play he appears to have a huge engine, he jumps well and is quick. The criticism has come because he doesn't monster people like the iconic 6's did (think Kaino etc).

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well this Novocastrian is pumped for this afternoon. I'm excited. I'm heading over with Mum & a group of mates, the first major get together since the Covid chaos.

I have tickets to this game & the next. Thankyou Argies for making this interesting.

The weather here is sensational & not a blip on the radar in site. Should be great conditions.

Loading up on the rums as we speak. The last two years have been a friggen dumpster fire & frankly I need this.

Sometimes teams that have a big milestone win can have a big drop off the week after. I hope thats the case tonight.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well this Novocastrian is pumped for this afternoon. I'm excited. I'm heading over with Mum & a group of mates, the first major get together since the Covid chaos.

I have tickets to this game & the next. Thankyou Argies for making this interesting.

The weather here is sensational & not a blip on the radar in site. Should be great conditions.

Makes me a bit misty, actually. I lived in Newey for a couple of years when I first came back to Oz. I was living in the city when Newcastle beat Manly, that was a big night. Hope this is a bit like that.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
ive always liked ledesma and then he has to go and talk about humbleness and humility? i never had a chance ......

Reactions: TSR

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Very excited about this. Regardless of the result I just want a great game. Although on review of that sentence I will be pretty deflated if the Wallabies lose. Wobs by 15.

Side Note: I’m going to watch this on 10, curious to see what a FTA broadcast looks like. The appeal to Fox/Kayo used to be no ads.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Think the Wallabies have their work cut out for them tonight. A scrum that includes both Rob Simmons and Ned Hanigan will be challenged and presupposes there will be a plethora of lineouts in the game. Moreover, as good as Hodge was against the ABs, he is up against one of the most influential play makers in world rugby.

Not saying they can't do it, and sincerely hope they can, but a win by the Pumas would not surprise at all.