• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match II @ Suncorp 7.55pm AEST, 09/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
My starting XV for the weekend:

1 Angus Bell
2 Dave Porecki
3 Taniela Tupou (If he's available)
4 Matt Philip
5 Caderyn Neville
6 Rob Leota
7 Super Hooper
8 Rob Valetini
9 Nic White
10 Quade Cooper
11 Koroibete
12 Kerevi
13 Len Ikitau
14 Jordan Petaia
15 Andrew Kellaway

16 Folau Fainga'a
17 Scott Sio
18 James Slipper
19 Jed Holloway (If he's available)
20 Pete Samu
21 Tate McDermott
22 Noah Lolesio
23 Tom Wright

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
My starting XV for the weekend:

1 Angus Bell
2 Dave Porecki
3 Taniela Tupou (If he's available)
4 Matt Philip
5 Caderyn Neville
6 Rob Leota
7 Super Hooper
8 Rob Valetini
9 Nic White
10 Quade Cooper
11 Koroibete
12 Kerevi
13 Len Ikitau
14 Jordan Petaia
15 Andrew Kellaway

16 Folau Fainga'a
17 Scott Sio
18 James Slipper
19 Jed Holloway (If he's available)
20 Pete Samu
21 Tate McDermott
22 Noah Lolesio
23 Tom Wright
This is spot on.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Also like, Vunipola kneed him right in the head as he ran past, could've avoided it.

I'm 50/50 on this - Vunipola was moving into a space where an offload might have happened, to run interference. Hard to look at intent there.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Interesting to have an indigenous jersey with Santos written on the back. How many sacred sites have they fracked?
Maybe the amount of money they spend on scholarships for indigenous people to become engineers, employment and money they bring to the communities in need trump the fracking.

I would imagine the benefits to remote and rural communities are welcomed by the locals but the inner city protestors don't really see the benefits that occur on the ground.

I am glad we have large companies willing to invest in Rugby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe the amount of money they spend on scholarships for indigenous people to become engineers, employment and money they bring to the communities in need trump the fracking.

Which is bloody easy when you're not paying tax, and the fines for breaking the law are miniscule, and you own the government.

I think more of us would invest in Rugby if we had that deal.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Keep the politics out of this thread guys!

giphy.gif

I was talking about investing in rugby....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Slipper
4. Philip
5. Neville
6. Leota if fit from head knock/ Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Wright
15. Kellaway

16. Fainga'a
17. Sio
18. Tupou
19. Frost/Holloway
20. Samu
21. Gordon
22. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
23. Petaia

Two slight alternatives:
1. Swap out JOC (James O'Connor) for Lolesio.
2. 6/2. Something like 14. Petaia, 21. Wilson, 22 Gordon, 23. Hodge

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely we're not going to play Hodge as our reserve 10 when he's been in the main squad less than a week.

I'd wager that Tupou will start and Slipper will return to the bench, Kellaway plays 15, Petaia 14 and we see a debut from Vunivalu at 23.

Frost will replace Swain if suspended as I think Holloway is still injured (Philip will start).

I'd be surprised if we see Cooper back this week. Seems less likely than likely that an injury in the warm up that prompts you to withdraw would be so inconsequential that you are 100% the next week. In that case Lolesio at 10, JOC (James O'Connor) at 22.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Surely we're not going to play Hodge as our reserve 10 when he's been in the main squad less than a week.

I'd wager that Tupou will start and Slipper will return to the bench, Kellaway plays 15, Petaia 14 and we see a debut from Vunivalu at 23.

Frost will replace Swain if suspended as I think Holloway is still injured (Philip will start).

I'd be surprised if we see Cooper back this week. Seems less likely than likely that an injury in the warm up that prompts you to withdraw would be so inconsequential that you are 100% the next week. In that case Lolesio at 10, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) at 22.
Agree with all of that BH, except I wonder if they will have Perese at 23 over Vunivalu as he can cover more positions? If we win I’d love to see Vunivalu start on a wing in game 3.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Agree with all of that BH, except I wonder if they will have Perese at 23 over Vunivalu as he can cover more positions? If we win I’d love to see Vunivalu start on a wing in game 3.

I'd say it's certainly the option I'd prefer but I'm also betting that Rennie is itching to get Vunivalu in the frame as soon as possible knowing that there's the potential he's a starter in our best 23 by the RWC if he gets enough opportunity.

Perese would cover 13/14 whereas Vunivalu is only a cover for the wing. Petaia would be the backup fullback and 13 if Vunivalu was in the 23 jersey.

RockyElsomsGloves

Frank Row (1)
My source tells me:
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Neville
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valentini
9. White
10. Lolesio (QC (Quade Cooper) undergoing scans)
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15. Kellaway
16. Faainga
17. Sio
18. Slipper
19. Frost
20. Samu
21. Gordon
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Wright

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I'd be surprised if we see Cooper back this week. Seems less likely than likely that an injury in the warm up that prompts you to withdraw would be so inconsequential that you are 100% the next week. In that case Lolesio at 10, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) at 22.

Haha! oops :eek:

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Side note - I've been away from the forum for a bit, what's with the autocorrect on JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)? Is there something I missed?
New members don't automatically know the abbreviations.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Side note - I've been away from the forum for a bit, what's with the autocorrect on JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)? Is there something I missed?

One of the mods added it somehow. It works for HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and JOC (James O'Connor) at least. Not sure who else.

Status
Not open for further replies.