• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match II @ Suncorp 7.55pm AEST, 09/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Looking at the Twitters a lot of England fans don't rate this England team - bit of food for thought.

Lot of the criticism is around Smith - Farrell, Danny Care and Marchant being dropped, Hill still in the side

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This Hill guy sounds like a bit of a bellend hey.

Swain’s testimony during his hearing:
"I have never been treated in the way Hill treated me in a professional game before, and it hurt, and surprised me, and angered me."

The disciplinary report notes that Swain "shared openly and frankly that after he had made contact with England #5, it dawned on him quickly that he had been baited and that this entire experience had been a lesson for him."

Swain: "I was angry that he was assaulting me like this, and I wanted him to get the message it wasn’t okay.

"I pulled him toward me and moved my head forward to try and send him a message. I wasn’t really thinking about it, and wasn’t actually trying to head butt him. But I accept my head did make contact with the side of his head. I shouldn’t have done it. I’m sorry I did. I was severely provoked in a way I have never seen in elite rugby before, but I know that I shouldn’t have done it."

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not really. DR could have played Hodge at fullback with Petaia on the wing or put Vunivalu in there somewhere

He could have, but Hodge is well down the pecking order (he did little but kick well in the Aus A game) but is a 4th string 15 and Vunivalu just hasn't played near enough quality rugby

Wright was the clear back up 14/15 option for Kellaway IMHO as I think Petaia was the planned back up 15 for Banks

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Petaia is a long term Fullback for the Wallabies. Unfortunate injury for Banks but if Petaia has a decent game at Fullback it will give him plenty of time in the position leading into the next world cup. I'm sure Thorn would find a way to not play him there.

Let's hope Petaia doesnt get injured again. Those darn Hammies and infamous Syndesmosis.....

Rae Rae

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Petaia is a long term Fullback for the Wallabies. Unfortunate injury for Banks but if Petaia has a decent game at Fullback it will give him plenty of time in the position leading into the next world cup. I'm sure Thorn would find a way to not play him there.

Let's hope Petaia doesnt get injured again. Those darn Hammies and infamous Syndesmosis.....

Rae Rae
I'm more worried his calves

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

So does Swain, frankly.

"I have never been treated in the way Hill treated me in a professional game before, and it hurt, and surprised me, and angered me."

I was severely provoked in a way I have never seen in elite rugby before, but I know that I shouldn’t have done it."

I am sure the modern day pro is far tougher than the amateurs back when I played. But I can't help wondering if they know what being "dealt with" used to mean, when there was only one referee, and anything went in the tight.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

The disciplinary report notes that Swain "shared openly and frankly that after he had made contact with England #5, it dawned on him quickly that he had been baited and that this entire experience had been a lesson for him."

Swain: "I was angry that he was assaulting me like this, and I wanted him to get the message it wasn’t okay.

"I pulled him toward me and moved my head forward to try and send him a message. I wasn’t really thinking about it, and wasn’t actually trying to head butt him. But I accept my head did make contact with the side of his head. I shouldn’t have done it. I’m sorry I did. I was severely provoked in a way I have never seen in elite rugby before, but I know that I shouldn’t have done it."
Reckon his coach had a lot to do with the situation, no matter how much he's trying to deny it. In fact the more he denies it the more it smells of him.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
3a6befa7bc31a3188789236272b62c1f.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Boo-fucking-hoo. Yes, Hill is a niggler and has a punchable face, but Swain should know better.

Trying to claim he's an innocent flower, given he's as serial pest at any level of elite rugby, is the height of farce.
I liked Harrison's comment at half time, (paraphrased) he shrugged and said "under Eddie I was told to do what Hill was doing"

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So does Swain, frankly.

I am sure the modern day pro is far tougher than the amateurs back when I played. But I can't help wondering if they know what being "dealt with" used to mean, when there was only one referee, and anything went in the tight.
Surely it was drafted by a lawyer for the benefit of the judiciary?

Status
Not open for further replies.