• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match II @ Suncorp 7.55pm AEST, 09/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Why does Rennie prefer Kellaway at 15 and Petaia at 14? Should we also?
I feel wing is his best position because he only has be aware of one side and what is in front of him. It reduces the amount of work he does compared to full back where you have to be aware of both sides and what is in front of you.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think they'll put that move back in the locker.

I still think Perese is a better attacker than Paisami and his defense is fine. Paisami might be good but Perese had a far superior Super campaign this year.
I think paisami gets to start ahead of Perese with a bit of wallaby encumbency. Which I am fine with. Perese gets his chance from the bench at least and Hunter been pretty solid at wallaby level.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sio has been in great form and Slipper, if anything, played better at tight than he has at loose recently. But the simple man in me wouldn't hate if Slipper went back to loosie reserve, Sio drops out and we get Pone onto the bench.

You could manage to get Pone and Perese coming off the bench to join Kerevi, Paisami & Koroibete on the field in the final 10. Good stuff

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Sio has been in great form and Slipper, if anything, played better at tight than he has at loose recently. But the simple man in me wouldn't hate if Slipper went back to loosie reserve, Sio drops out and we get Pone onto the bench.

You could manage to get Pone and Perese coming off the bench to join Kerevi, Paisami & Koroibete on the field in the final 10. Good stuff

I am waiting for the day when Pone makes the Test side. He could be one of the greats.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I am waiting for the day when Pone makes the Test side. He could be one of the greats.
I actually think he needs to switch to loose head and work on his technique for that to happen. To be clear I’m referring to the ‘could be one of the greats’ part, he’ll get his opportunity to make the test side soon enough, but I think he’ll only ever be a fill gap at tight head.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Surely it was drafted by a lawyer for the benefit of the judiciary?

And there is a big difference in offering that as your defence as opposed to putting that up as evidence against another player. Amusing, but irrelevant for anyone other than the next niggling English lock he comes up against.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I actually think he needs to switch to loose head and work on his technique for that to happen. To be clear I’m referring to the ‘could be one of the greats’ part, he’ll get his opportunity to make the test side soon enough, but I think he’ll only ever be a fill gap at tight head.
I agree, even at the Rebels I would put him behind Eloff and in Gold he will be behind Tupou. Him and Tupou smashing people at the same time as LHP and THP is quite a nice thought.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree, even at the Rebels I would put him behind Eloff and in Gold he will be behind Tupou. Him and Tupou smashing people at the same time as LHP and THP is quite a nice thought.
But would he be better than Bell and Slipper (and Sio)? If he crossed over, he'd need to become as dynamic as Bell is in open play while maintaining his ability to dominate the scrum. Easier said than done.

If you are going to make a move across the front row there needs to be a bloody good reason. Right now there isn't one.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why can't it be rugby time already? I'm going to be at a bucks this weekend with several Englishmen so the stakes are, needless to say, extremely high.
Was excited for rugby time - have tickets to the game and was heading out to dinner with a mate.

Instead I'll now be watching on the TV at home in covid iso :eek:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is the match where I expect Petaia to come of age and prove his potential. The downside for him is the dreaded journeyman position currently held by Hodge.
The forwards will be wound up after last weeks game and our front row should dominate, Philip adds go forward and I don't think we lose much over Swain. One of our best forward packs for a while with Hooper's size my only concern in a battle of the big men.
This is the game to watch of the series.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Has Pone strung more than 4 games in a row since 2020? Feels like all I've read about the bloke is that he's out injured.
Heaps of potential but wouldn't be the first big potential player not to make it due to injury or losing interest due to continuous injury.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is the match where I expect Petaia to come of age and prove his potential. The downside for him is the dreaded journeyman position currently held by Hodge.
The forwards will be wound up after last weeks game and our front row should dominate, Philip adds go forward and I don't think we lose much over Swain. One of our best forward packs for a while with Hooper's size my only concern in a battle of the big men.
This is the game to watch of the series.
No-one could ever be concerned with Hoopers size or that he is included in any pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.