• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match II @ Suncorp 7.55pm AEST, 09/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm not sure just NH teams. SA are the masters of slowing things down too.
You’re totally right. For such big, strong men the South African forwards go down for the slightest issue, only to miraculously recover and go back to belting people.
It was funny when we kicked it out and the Pom winger acted like he was going to go quick, whereas every man and his dog knew their reserve TH was going to get cramp/lose a contact/etc, then they’d ask for a drinks break and then take 2 full minutes to come out of their huddle for the lineout.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
1 Bell
2 Porecki
3 Tupou
4 Frost
5 Philip
6 Leota
7 Hooper
8 Valetini
9 White
10 Loloesio
11 Koroibete
12 Kerevi
13 Paisami
14 Wright
15 Hodge

16 Fainga'a
17 Slipper
18 AAA
19 Hanigan
20 Samu
21 Gordon
22 JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
23 Vunivalu
I wish we had another option than Hodge at FB. Nothing against him (historically great as that back utility player), but he's just not an exciting prospect. Also re: the Hanigan inclusion, any word on Holloway? JOC (James O'Connor) concerns me somewhat. He looks off the pace and a little out of sorts atm. Not sure a series decider is where I want him playing himself back into form.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Drinks break AKA the "Razzy" rule. Its a new one implemented to keep support staff off the field.

Each team submits to the ref when the want the drinks breaks per half. I believe one team nominates for the first half, the other the second half. It also stops team slowing the games down.
Which is maybe an improvement but still garbage. What is this - kindergarten with every big brave boy getting their morning and afternoon juicebox? Get rid of them entirely.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Surely Vunivalu will finally get his opportunity next week. If our bad luck on the injury front turns around during the decider and we can actually build some continuity throughout the game with the players selected then I like our chances. Hopefully our sometimes fickle Sydney supporters get to the SCG in numbers and in voice, as you can bet the English fans will be.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Nic Whites running metres according to ESPN were 3 runs for 3 metres. If they counted his running backwards before passing I think his contribution to territory would be in the negative.
The pack wasn't helping him or giving him time for distribution

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Genuine questions:
when was the last time the Wallabies played a low error game?
when was the last time the Wallabies played with high intensity for 80 minutes? RWC 2015 Wales match?

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wish we had another option than Hodge at FB. Nothing against him (historically great as that back utility player), but he's just not an exciting prospect. Also re: the Hanigan inclusion, any word on Holloway? JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) concerns me somewhat. He looks off the pace and a little out of sorts atm. Not sure a series decider is where I want him playing himself back into form.
I agree, I'd pick Wright at 15 and Vunivalu at 14. Hodge as 23 in the best case and JOC (James O'Connor) in Hamilton island, pleaseee

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Somehow he suddenly looked very small.

Even standing next to Farrell he seemed smaller, like a stocky halfback
Hooper weights about 100 kg, he's OK for a test openside flanker. The guy who really looks small is Paisami. Especially for the kind of player that he is. I mean, he's a ball carrier and with that size he can't break tackles like Kerevi does. He's not a playmaker, so to be a battering ram, he can't make a difference at this level

Status
Not open for further replies.