• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We may see AAA start with TT coming on early in the second half. AAA is very accurate around the coal face early. Frost is going to have to step up his physicality big time!

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
We may see AAA start with TT coming on early in the second half. AAA is very accurate around the coal face early. Frost is going to have to step up his physicality big time!
I think Tupou needs to start to get amongst, and hopefully win, the early physicality. Never a bad position to be choosing between 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) and Tupou though

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My preference would be to see Wilson at 6, where I think he can be more dynamic than Valetini at test level, and where he played well in his opening test against the AB's back in 2020...

Valetini's carries off the back of the scrum when we were under pressure were very impressive in the first test against England.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
My preference would be to see Wilson at 6, where I think he can be more dynamic than Valetini at test level, and where he played well in his opening test against the AB's back in 2020...

Valetini's carries off the back of the scrum when we were under pressure were very impressive in the first test against England.
Assuming that’s what you’ll get

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Frost at lock still better than Leota at lock imo. Or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).

Let's pray Jed is fit.

Only at line-out time I'd say. I would prefer Leota around the park, maybe even his bigger body at scrum time.

A fit LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) I would prefer, but his match fitness and form is unknown (likely not up to stratch).

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Agree (assume it's Tate). What Gordon brings is the support/try scoring ability but I dislike his faffing around at the back of the breakdown.
This was noticeable at the ground on Saturday past. They were playing quite wide out at that point so he needed to pass from an upright position but his steps before passing were not very urgent at all.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I would like to see 7A's start and TT come on after 50. TT gave away three penalties in those first 20 minutes, which was a big contribution to our being stuck in our own 22 for so long. Also 7A's has a much higher work rate, and while TT does things no other player can do, he still walks a lot.
I think if you play Wilson it must be at 8 with Valetini at 6. I also don't want to see Leota covering lock, for mine that should be either Holloway if fit, or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Samu should remain on the bench, so if Leota doesn't start (and I'm fine if he does) for mine he drops out of the 23. If I were a selector I would keep Gordon on the bench, I think he's been good, but as I've said before, I would have selected Tate for game one and don't have a problem if he comes in.
I would definitely play Hodge at 15, we need a big boot to get the fuck out of our half.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I would like to see 7A's start and TT come on after 50. TT gave away three penalties in those first 20 minutes, which was a big contribution to our being stuck in our own 22 for so long. Also 7A's has a much higher work rate, and while TT does things no other player can do, he still walks a lot.
I think if you play Wilson it must be at 8 with Valetini at 6. I also don't want to see Leota covering lock, for mine that should be either Holloway if fit, or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Samu should remain on the bench, so if Leota doesn't start (and I'm fine if he does) for mine he drops out of the 23. If I were a selector I would keep Gordon on the bench, I think he's been good, but as I've said before, I would have selected Tate for game one and don't have a problem if he comes in.
I would definitely play Hodge at 15, we need a big boot to get the fuck out of our half.
I'm warming to Tupou coming on for the 2nd half. I feel refs are very pedantic to start the game off and care less by the 50th.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)

Could not agree more with this mate. It also balances out our ballrunners for the full 80 with Bell starting and TT coming on later in the game around the time Bell will come off.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I wouldn't be describing Leota's form as excellent, so far he's been solid but not spectacular. Importantly he lacks impact across his minutes and would hopefully have much greater impact in a ~30 minute role from the bench. Particularly compared to Harry Wilson who has demonstrated both work rate and impact across the 80 minutes repeatedly this season. Right now we need players who are going to start much stronger than what we've been putting out there.
I fully agree that we need players who are going to start stronger, and have been pushing that barrow all week, but I disagree that Leota hasn't been in excellent form. His defence especially and workload has been excellent and I hold to my view that Harry Wilson is behind him in the pecking order.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Could not agree more with this mate. It also balances out our ballrunners for the full 80 with Bell starting and TT coming on later in the game around the time Bell will come off.
Or the inverse with Bell coming on later which I think we will see. Bell's penalties were largely forced errors last week as opposed to miscues. He will likely be a GOAT LHP for us but right now he is still on the long run up, hopefully to have a massive world cup next year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Giddy up
1657766702514.png

Status
Not open for further replies.