• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I think his natural position is more 6/8 but because he is about 6'3 can play lock & a few times the rebels has had good depth in the back row he gets forced to play tight 5.

next year at SRPac he will play 8 all year, like he did this year when he came back from injury

I don't know his junior career but he has played a lot at second row in Super Rugby. With Wells leaving Melbourne there's going to be more space for him at the backrow but I'm not sure if they are going to sign a quality lock to play with Philip, maybe he still be an option there

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Leota can play lock fine at super, wouldn't want him at Wallabies level, not more than a 15 minute cameo. Leota & Philip starting for the Wallabies looks a little bit.. pedestrian (sorry Rebels). In saying that Philip did pinch 3 lineout balls off the English which is crazy impressive in one game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well a scrum reset followed by a few random cards. Drinks breaks before lineouts and a few five minute TMO reviews.
Calling it a ‘scrum reset’ is an oxymoron anyway, a large chunk of test match scrum result in a penalty anyway, the era of using it to restart play are long gone.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well a scrum reset followed by a few random cards. Drinks breaks before lineouts and a few five minute TMO reviews.

I know you hate rugby and have complained in every match thread this year about why do you even bother watching it, but this is the match thread for the deciding test match between Australia England, not the rugby for dummies World Cup between Logan and Bankstown…

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I know you hate rugby and have complained in every match thread this year about why do you even bother watching it, but this is the match thread for the deciding test match between Australia England, not the rugby for dummies World Cup between Logan and Bankstown…
You are right. Wrong thread for it.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Calling it a ‘scrum reset’ is an oxymoron anyway, a large chunk of test match scrum result in a penalty anyway, the era of using it to restart play are long gone.
If they don’t fix that soon it will become a yawn fest…

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
McDermott played in 6 of the Reds wins, Gordon played in 5 of the tahs wins.
look i dont want to turn this into a red v blue thing on a soo night but i think gordon played less due to injury?

i think whats more important to rennie is who get us marching up the field more and gordons box kicks i think have been better than tates this season

but im an ex forward so i dont really trust either of them anyway with their fancy hairstyles and clean jerseys ....

Status
Not open for further replies.