• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
This 100%

Too often we force an extra pass that simply isn't on & if we just take the tackle & try again on the next phase we'll likely get across the line!

It's as if they forget there's no tackle country....

It's pretty much this. We forced an extra pass behind the gain line all too often.

We failed to adapt to the English rush defence, got caught behind the gain line, and pushed and extra pass to compensate. It was excruciating to watch.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
... that was a little frustrating at times, but boy you bunch are a dower lot. There needs to be some perspective on the injuries and depth Rennie and the team have been developing. Players like Frost really stood up tonight. We're no longer bemoaning our hookers not throwing it in straight. Yes, there were errors and some poor decision making at times, but truthfully England was far from clinical as well.
We expect to win. We aren’t hear to make up the numbers. It’s pretty simple be good or fuck off

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
- Nic White couldn't kick the ball away in the last seconds of first half
- Lolo missed an easy penalty kick to the post in early minutes
- Wilson doing a silly penalty when the team was in English 22
- The gift to Marcus Smith

The unforced Wallabies

"The unforced Wallabies" haha sums it up perfectly.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I love Valetini but he’s not strong enough across the ball, look at England they have Lawes, Ludlum, Vunipola (Itoje), all fantastic pilferers. Who else do we have beyond Hooper?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Our players were clearly more talented then Englands. Watch the game! They have more skills etc. But the ref gives stupid penalties to one team and not the other.

The England 15, clearly more skilled then Hodge, caught every high ball on offer. There 11 was a threat everytime he got the ball. Koro and Wright were good, but I hate to say, the England back there equally, if not better.
Lolesio was solid but Marcus smith took his chances.
Kerevi was destructive but Owen Farrell was clinical.
Genge was just as destructive if not more then Tupou and didn't make the errors Tupou did.

Clearly more talented is subjective.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Same as the Ireland series we lost, first two tests the TMO has a massive impact and then they bottled it in the last test when the series is on the line.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
That was actually a much better game without cards or the TMO. Didn’t mind that the game was allowed to flow a bit more without continual penalties. We created enough opportunity to win. Just not clinical enough with our finishing - too many unforced errors. Congratulations England.
Strangely I now find myself backing the Saffers for the first time in my life.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Show me how whining about the ref would have won us the game.

The ref wasn't responsible for our inability to get over the gain line. He was shit at the breakdown, but that went for both teams.

Scrums weren't an issue, so we can't complain there. Same with lineouts.

Look, it drives me mad losing to these mongrel poms, especially when some of them have half a haircut and are desperately in search of the other half, but we simply couldn't make the gainline. That's on us.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
The England 15, clearly more skilled then Hodge, caught every high ball on offer. There 11 was a threat everytime he got the ball. Koro and Wright were good, but I hate to say, the England back there equally, if not better.
Genge was just as destructive if not more then Tupou and didn't make the errors Tupou did.

Farrell is a grub please don’t pump him up

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
That was actually a much better game without cards or the TMO. Didn’t mind that the game was allowed to flow a bit more without continual penalties. We created enough opportunity to win. Just not clinical enough with our finishing - too many unforced errors. Congratulations England.
Strangely I now find myself backing the Saffers for the first time in my life.
I don’t want the TMO involved but you can’t have an overbearing TMO in the first two tests then a coward in the third

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The problem with Australia Rugby is we pick and promote more on athletic ability than rugby brains. It’s not league where you are allowed the trainer on the field in attack and they call the plays and you can leave you brain in the change room.

In the inside backs England had Smith and Farrell organising. If ones otherwise occupied the other takes over. Australia has Noah who whilst still a bit green I think is progressing well in this area but still not the complete package. We don’t have a back up or second organiser, just battering rams for crash ball as our other inside backs. Need to bring some balance to the centres some rugby brains, a thinker, but not sure who that is.
We have to play smart with more organisation and patience.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Kerevi, Paisami, Wright and Koroibete were all unquestionably better than their opposites. I don’t think Porter is really up to it. Forwards got smoked, which was the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.