• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Particularly with Noah banging them in. In the past we've had some pretty shoddy/unreliable goalkickers. Now we've got someone slotting them at a high percentage we should use him.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was even in the squad. If not, no way he comes into a test match under-prepared.

Front row needs to be beefed up in the first half. Back row could be stronger, physically too.

I'd go with :

Slipper,
Fainga'a,
Ala'alatoa,
Philip,
Holloway/Frost,
Leota,
Samu,
Valetini,
White,
Lolesio,
Koroebete,
Kerevi (pass the ball mate),
Ikitau,
Wright,
Hodge,

Porecki,
Bell,
Tupou,
Frost/Hanigan,
Wilson,
McDermott (for something different late in the game),
Paisami,
Vunivalu.
In other words, JUST START THE BRUMBIES...No!

• Haha
Reactions: dru

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone thinking that all our problems are going to be solved by dropping Gordon who has played about 15mins across two tests is having a laugh.
I certainly wouldnt blame gordon for last weeks loss but when he's got a player as good as mcdermott waiting in line behind him he cant expect to retain his spot on an average performance. I had no problem with his selection in game 1 but i see no reason you'd select him ahead of tate for game 3

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I certainly wouldnt blame gordon for last weeks loss but when he's got a player as good as mcdermott waiting in line behind him he cant expect to retain his spot on an average performance. I had no problem with his selection in game 1 but i see no reason you'd select him ahead of tate for game 3
Rennie will pick who he thinks is best for the back end of the game …a total of 15 mins game time for Gordon, who I thought played very well…McDermott maybe pencilled in for the games against SA and NZ possibly? Hooper had 80 mins… not his best .. he won’t get dropped … JOC (James O'Connor) had a shocker … more than likely he will still be on the bench…I‘d hate to be a coach!
Much easier being on this forum!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Personally I'd roll the dice and see how Wright and Vunivalu go at 14 and 15. We aren't going to lose this in the outside backs anyway. Hodge can ride the pine and come in if/when we need him. He covers every slot to some extent.

I'd be starting Holloway with Philip if fit. Frost retained on the bench. Swain losing his cool in game one is really biting us in the arse now. Bravo England. Courtney Lawes trying to pretend the niggle isn't intentional - he forgets Eddie coached us too.

I think most of the rest will be roughly the same. Maybe AAA to start with Tupou off the bench? I saw G Rob call for Harry Wilson to come in. I think he only really makes sense at 8 and I'm not convinced Rennie is going to drop Valetini or shift him to 6. At the same time he was one of Australia's best forwards in Super Rugby so maybe we need to make space for him.

People hate on the bloke but I think we really miss Swinton. One of those blokes who would love to go toe to toe with the English in tight.

Alex Ross (28)
Changing players ain’t going to mean diddly if the ones selected don’t front up for the every minute they are on the pitch. Pitiful start last game which cannot be repeated.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Swinton would've had a red card or yellow minimum by now.
You'd think he'd be at least as easy to niggle as Swain. I do like his abrasiveness (in theory) as a positive against a team like England, but I'm sure Eddie would have a plan to sort him off the park. Unless he's been listening to the Dalai Lama in his down time!
Totally theoretical, anyway.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Rennie will pick who he thinks is best for the back end of the game …a total of 15 mins game time for Gordon, who I thought played very well…McDermott maybe pencilled in for the games against SA and NZ possibly? Hooper had 80 mins… not his best .. he won’t get dropped … JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) had a shocker … more than likely he will still be on the bench…I‘d hate to be a coach!
Much easier being on this forum!
U cant compare hooper to gordon. hooper has earned his spot. The difference between JOC (James O'Connor) and gordon is there is no strong alternative to JOC (James O'Connor) knocking on the door. JOC (James O'Connor) wouldnt have played either test if it wasnt for injuries.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The big question here is: Can the Wallabies match up the brutal physicality of England in the first 20 minutes? In both games they dominated the contact in the first minutes. Aren't the Wallabies forwards capable to do it?

It looks like the English forwards want to win more than the Aussies. For me is a typical All Blacks-Wallabies test in the last years. The Wallabies usually attack with all their strenght in the first minutes and then ABs score easily. There's something than WBs don't do like ABs lol

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Who is like me and getting worried about how we seemingly can't see similar test team 2 weeks in a row because of injuries. Wallabies got a heap out, Poms seem to be fairly similar. It not just in this series, but seems we got something wrong somewhere.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Who is like me and getting worried about how we seemingly can't see similar test team 2 weeks in a row because of injuries. Wallabies got a heap out, Poms seem to be fairly similar. It not just in this series, but seems we got something wrong somewhere.

It's rugby, that's always been the case. Maybe the Wallabies injuries are too much but the England case is pretty common

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
In other words, JUST START THE BRUMBIES...No!
So we stay with the pack that has been knocked senseless in the first 30 minutes of both tests and expect a different outcome? Insanity.

The Brumbies front row is the strongest in the country and at least stood up against NZ sides in Super this year. It really looks to be our best hope of staying in the game early on.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Personally I'd roll the dice and see how Wright and Vunivalu go at 14 and 15. We aren't going to lose this in the outside backs anyway. Hodge can ride the pine and come in if/when we need him. He covers every slot to some extent.
I think that is likely - the reality is Vunivalu doesn't sign a new deal with the Reds/RA for a potential crack at the RWC and only be given fleeting opportunities this year. If he doesn't get a chance to start this weekend and show what he's got, by the time the Rugby Championship rolls around they'll have to squeeze him in around Kellaway, Petaia etc.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I think that is likely - the reality is Vunivalu doesn't sign a new deal with the Reds/Rugby Australia for a potential crack at the RWC and only be given fleeting opportunities this year. If he doesn't get a chance to start this weekend and show what he's got, by the time the Rugby Championship rolls around they'll have to squeeze him in around Kellaway, Petaia etc.
I’d say he will be definitely on the bench with the everywhere man Hodge at fullback and Wright on the wing…just thinking what Rennie will do.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
There is a lot of rugby to be played this year. Vunivalu and others will get their chance. Good to have him in the last 15-20 when things open up.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's rugby, that's always been the case. Maybe the Wallabies injuries are too much but the England case is pretty common
I think personally it's getting worse, always been injuries, but not to this extent I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.