• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was even in the squad.
He's not but there is a Geerob article this morning saying he may be called in. He's been playing club rugby, probably 80 minutes each week, so he would be match fit. Physicality won't be an issue for him, the game tempo may be if he was starting but 20 minutes off the bench when the starters are fatigued will be perfect.

Edit - seems he is in the squad now as I was writing that!

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just the higher ceiling and longer term proposition thing with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) I reckon, he's unlikely to get a start, just there for the experience and cover.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A successful stint in 7s could be the making of Mark N (Nawaqanitawase). He needs to improve both his decision-making and technique in defence, if these aren't up to scratch there's nowhere to hide in 7s. I'm sure Manenti and his assistants are aware of this and will be on to it.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) coming in puts Jock Campbell in his place to be honest. Which is fair because I think his form has largely been down this year. And I'm a massive fan.

As for Itoje, Eddie Jones ruled him out from the third test Saturday night.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) could’ve been selected for his aerial skills? Assuming Hodge is selected at 15, Wright can start on the wing and shift to 13, 15 if necessary. Pietsch plays too similar to Koro (we want him playing 80) and would just entice the Poms to kick deep more. Campbell, to me anyways, is a better fb than wing.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
BR, you're nothing if not consistent. Of course the answer to all or any Wallaby woes is simply to get rid of all the Tahs and replace them with Brumbies. I have no idea why Rennie didn't think of it earlier!!!
He did have Holloway pencilled in there.....

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I think people might be jumping the gun a little with Hodge, Nawaqanitawase or even Salakaia-Loto for that matter entering the 15 (or even the 23) for this series. There is a lot of international rugby to still be played this year and there are now a number of spots that need to be backfilled due to all the injuries. Of them I can see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) possibly making an appearance.

As has been commented, Mark is off to Commonwealth games soon and at best would be back for round 2 of the Rugby Championships so I'd be surprise at him slotting in for this game, but this could be an eye towards his involvement later in the year.

Also, did I hear that Rory Arnold might be a possibility for the Rugby Championships? or was that just some wishful chatter.

Of the players who were, have, or would have been in and around the squad, those that are the currently injured (or under HIA protocols):

- Quade Cooper
- Scott Sio
- Tom Banks
- Andrew Kellaway
- Jordan Petita
- Harry-Johnson Holmes
- Ned Hanigan
- Jed Holloway
- Izaia Perese
- Lachlan Swinton
- Kurtley Beale
- Cayden Neville
- Allan Ala'alatoa

... have I missed any?

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think people might be jumping the gun a little with Hodge, Nawaqanitawase or even Salakaia-Loto for that matter entering the 15 (or even the 23) for this series. There is a lot of international rugby to still be played this year and there are now a number of spots that need to be backfilled due to all the injuries. Of them I can see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) possibly making an appearance.
The only way I can see Hodge not being in the 23, or the starting 15 for that matter, this weekend is if Petaia uses Jonnny Sexton's medical team to get cleared of his HIA.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I want to see Wilson (Starting), Tate (Bench) and Vunivalu (Bench) all brought in for game 3 and I am not even a Queenslander. Missed 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) (Allan Ala'alatoa) as well hopefully he is back
Who you dropping for Wilson?

I feel like Gordon hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped and he actually was really good in game 1, had some nice flat passes in game 2 (well beside the one he pushed forward, but you could see he was pushing things a little chasing the game).

Vunivalu I like as the exciting possibility, but he's had so little showing in Super Rugby and truthfully, I'm not sure it's our backs which are the issue (injuries aside). Also I really don't see the value of Vunivalu on the bench as he doesn't cover much, but I guess with where we are at in terms of back stock this is looking like it could be his time. He's one of the few left who has been in the squad since day 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.