• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
That’s the same frame where the side view shows no contact.
Anyway I’ve said enough. I don’t actually care either way.
Tomorrow will tell.
Camera angles can be deceptive, but the physics of it isn't open to interpretation.
Gif 1: Hill's head jerks slightly to his right when contact is made - if it was whiplash due to the force of shoulder contact, you would assume Hill's head leans left towards Swain.

Gif 2: As above; I think you can also see Hill's ear 'unfold' after it was compressed by Swain's head in the contact.

Gif 3: The worst angle in my view - you can see Hill's skull (upper jaw in particular) move in the same direction force is applied by Swain with the contact. Pretty clear cut.

Regardless of perspectives on the deserved punishment and mitigating factors, Swain definitely connected.

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Camera angles can be deceptive, but the physics of it isn't open to interpretation.
Gif 1: Hill's head jerks slightly to his right when contact is made - if it was whiplash due to the force of shoulder contact, you would assume Hill's head leans left towards Swain.

Gif 2: As above; I think you can also see Hill's ear 'unfold' after it was compressed by Swain's head in the contact.

Gif 3: The worse angle in my view - you can see Hill's skull (upper jaw in particular) move in the same direction force is applied by Swain with the contact. Pretty clear cut.

Regardless of perspectives on the deserved punishment and mitigating factors, Swain definitely connected.
He headbutted him, was a head-on-head push... and he did it on purpose...

EDIT: but hopefully they can mitigate it, as it wasn't at force and he was provoked.. but suspect he miss the rest of this tour and maybe fall down the pecking order as others take their chances.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
View attachment 14016
I’ve just frame by framed the headbutt incident and I can’t actually see any contact with the head. There’s no movement of hills head at all and there’s still space between heads in the closest still (attached). The contact is all shoulders. Still a bad look but surely there’s gotta be contact for it to be a headbutt….

Oh ffs, I want Swain's babies after his last couple of years, my moniker is 'Brumbieman' and even i facepalmed the moment i saw the replay and threw what was left of my beer at the wall and went out for a joint (a ciggie wouldn't have been enough to calm me down).

It was a clear headbutt, all instigation aside, and he deserves a few weeks to self reflect and have the impact of what his brain fart could have done to the Wallabies future really sink in.

Having said that - if you're going to earn a Red, then really fucking earn it. He should have caved the dodgers knee in with a stiff kick, broken several ribs with his studs as he trampled his body and walked off to the change rooms with several handfulls of his hair/scalp to drive the point home.

'You want to be a twat, fair enough, but this is what you get and i'll happily take some time off to teach you that'.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
The danger has nothing to do with it.

He was incredibly dumb. England had a clear plan to get under his skin and it worked and left the Wallabies down a player for half the game. Sure, it shouldn't have worked and Hill should have been yellow carded for the initial shove in the face but that didn't happen.

Instead Swain lost his cool and did something that was an obvious red card offence.
But this is what’s wrong with the game. Doleman is to weak to stand by his own decisions. He was decided there was nothing in any of it then let the TMO go back and red card Swain it really was pathetic.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Oh ffs, I want Swain's babies after his last couple of years, my moniker is 'Brumbieman' and even i facepalmed the moment i saw the replay and threw what was left of my beer at the wall and went out for a joint (a ciggie wouldn't have been enough to calm me down).

It was a clear headbutt, all instigation aside, and he deserves a few weeks to self reflect and have the impact of what his brain fart could have done to the Wallabies future really sink in.

Having said that - if you're going to earn a Red, then really fucking earn it. He should have caved the dodgers knee in with a stiff kick, broken several ribs with his studs as he trampled his body and walked off to the change rooms with several handfulls of his hair/scalp to drive the point home.

'You want to be a twat, fair enough, but this is what you get and i'll happily take some time off to teach you that'.
Mate he’s a brumby and a hothead
I couldn’t give a shit if he’s out for 12 weeks
Just saying what I saw
Over and out

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Did Curry get a HIA during the game... His gone home with concussion.. just curious as I didn't see it

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Did Curry get a HIA during the game... His gone home with concussion.. just curious as I didn't see it
Curry got a knock tackling Kerevi in the 14 minute. It was missed but he had symptoms at half time and his HIA then ruled him out.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Player cam is fun, first thing I noticed was when Hooper & Lolesio collided trying to catch the ball that was on Hooper, wasn't paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.