• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds players can only blame themselves for non-selection.

As everyone else has said, possibly Tate could feel somewhat hard done by, but I'm not going to complain about picking an inform player from a recently winning team.

I'll be really interested to see the change in the Poms performance between the Barbarian game and this one. I just can't fathom how they could play so poorly.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'll be really interested to see the change in the Poms performance between the Barbarian game and this one. I just can't fathom how they could play so poorly.

1. It was an exhibition game, with nothing at stake.

2. Lots of first XV players missing.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I suspect that depending on how the game is going (tactics, scoreline) and depending on how Banks is playing that we may see Petaia with about 25 or 30 mins at 15.

Thoughts on Neville? I'm always happy to see a guy like him who has toiled away and worked hard in oz chasing the wallaby dream get a cap. I'm not sure if I haven't seen enough of his games this year but I wouldn't have imagined he would start over Phillip.

Is he considered a strong scrummager these days? How has his form been / what are the outstanding aspects of his game?

Unfortunate for Wilson and Tate but I can see Rennie's thought process.

The pack will potentially be stronger when all our finishers are on. They should be able to apply the blowtorch for the entire 80 mins, which I suspect we will need to do against the Poms. Good sign of depth. Even better when you consider the players unavailable due injury or NH.
Big hard bastard who gets through a mountain of work, good pretty much everywhere, probably would have been in the team last year if not for injury. Don't think this year his been as good as last, but has been strong coming back tail end of the season.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Hopefully this team gets the job done. Few selections I would have gone the other way on particularly Tate over Gordon, and whilst I like him, I'm not sold on Banks as genuine international fullback after some shockers last year.

Is it likely that players that weren't selected like Tate & JOC (James O'Connor) will play for Australia A?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully this team gets the job done. Few selections I would have gone the other way on particularly Tate over Gordon, and whilst I like him, I'm not sold on Banks as genuine international fullback after some shockers last year.

Is it likely that players that weren't selected like Tate & JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) will play for Australia A?
No - the Australia A squad is already in Fiji.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Charlie Ewels has been ruled out of the entire tour with a knee injury, (English) Sam Jeffries will travel out to replace him.

Nick F

Frank Row (1)
Likewise all those non first XV players who absolutely weren't trying to play well to get into the first XV.
England were a shambles but then again they were a shambles in the 6Ns as they were in the 6Ns before that. Massive pressure on Eddie as the pressure from the English press and fans is huge. England will stick with him through to the RWC regardless and then all parties will be glad to move on.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair enough if the squad is already sorted. Could have been quite a formidable Australia A team given some of the talent not being selected. I can't recall the Wallabies having such good depth for a fair while now. Exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.