• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick F

Frank Row (1)
Charlie Ewels has been ruled out of the entire tour with a knee injury, (English) Sam Jeffries will travel out to replace him.
No one likes to see injuries but Ewels continued selections have baffled everyone. Us Poms have concluded he must have something on Eddie as literally no one else can justify his inclusion in any England squad. But I wish him a goood recovery and a long club career

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i'm in the same boat, I thought today was friday till lunch time DAMN EOFY!

Used to love EOFY: all those tradies buying shit they probably didn't really need in order to get the maximum possible tax deduction meant a shitload of extra money in my next pay, plus the inevitable bonus(es) for being reasonably good at extracting the most most money from said tradies but best of all being the quiet kiwi showing all the big-mouth Aussies how it's done...

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Reds players can only blame themselves for non-selection.

As everyone else has said, possibly Tate could feel somewhat hard done by, but I'm not going to complain about picking an inform player from a recently winning team.

I'll be really interested to see the change in the Poms performance between the Barbarian game and this one. I just can't fathom how they could play so poorly.
So on that basis, an NBA team or US team should only be the team that wins???

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aussie Guy Porter! This team doesn't scare me as much as I thought.

15. Freddie Steward
14. Jack Nowell
13. Joe Marchant
12. Owen Farrell
11. Joe Cokanasiga
10. Marcus Smith
9. Danny Care
1. Ellis Genge
2. Jamie George
3. Will Stuart
4. Maro Itoje
5. Jonny Hill
6. Courtney Lawes (C)
7. Tom Curry
8. Billy Vunipola
Finishers
16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Mako Vunipola
18. Joe Heyes
19. Ollie Chessum
20. Lewis Ludlam
21. Jack van Poortlviet
22. Guy Porter
23. Henry Arundell

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1656573617840.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aus has 750 caps, England has marginally more at 760.
Their starting team though has 176 more caps than us, whereas our bench has 166 more caps than they do.
Hopefully if we can keep it tight until the 60th, Aus can bring it home.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
time to re-litigate who's fault it was that guy porter was let go, just like my last trip to this site was all filled with posts about mack hansen's departure. not a coincidence imo that both last played for brumbs ...
Nah it ain't time for that

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was excited to see a name I didn't recognise at reserve tight head: Joe Heyes. Sadly don't think he's a weak link. Apparently very well regarded in England, just turned 23 and has over 100 caps for the Leicester Tigers (compare to Tupou, 26 years old with 88 Reds caps).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
time to re-litigate who's fault it was that guy porter was let go, just like my last trip to this site was all filled with posts about mack hansen's departure. not a coincidence imo that both last played for brumbs ...
I assume a scientist at the Wuhan lab in China.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Please, tell us more...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Guy Porter is an interesting one. Was he on anyones radar before he left OZ? I saw him play for Uni and thought he was pretty good but not really enough to displace other centres in Aussie super teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.