• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England Test 1 Sat. July 2 @1955

Status
Not open for further replies.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Tarquins only invented the question mark. Outrageous but true!

Numbers were invented in Queensland
Booger me! Never knew that, despite disappearing down the player numbering rabbithole many years ago on rec.sport.rugby.union. (This was after spotting a piccie of a v. young but clearly adult Ken Catchpole wearing 7; and nah, not playing league).

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The pack is a tough one although I am not sure that a better one is sitting around. I thought Pone would get a go, a bit tall for a prop but a big unit and we need those against Eddie and the enemy.
Looking fwd to both games but suspect NZ v Ire will be the one to watch. I must have watched too many dour pommie games.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well peeps it's game day and I've spent the last little while watching Mark Ella highlights (as is befitting the occasion) to fire up. It's put me in a great mood.

Reactions: dru

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Sitting in my own moment. That lovely moment before the Wallabies play their first test for the year. A moment of hope... hope that they will come out like the Wallabies I supported growing up which fed by passion for the Gold and for the game. A moment before the disappointment of more recent years.

Cmon boys!

Last edited:

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
That's the misfortune of being your age Purce. T Wallabies didn't win the Bledisloe for three decades, the 50's, 60's and 70's, so fans my age grew up with no expectations!
Still, for some masochistic reason, I am still a rusted on supporter, and probably just as optimistic as you for tonight.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sitting in my own moment. That lovely moment before theWwallabies play their first test for the year. A moment of hope... hope that they will come out like the Wallabies I supported growing up which fed by passion for the Gold and the game. A moment before the disappointment of more recent years.

Cmon boys!

Love it. Can we snap frame that moment and ignore the actual rugby? No?

Not hope here, nor expectation. But sincere "maybe". I'm in, boys, let's go and thump some heads. Figuratively speaking.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Now is the time to put England to the sword and inflict the rugby psychological wound. Scrum dominance, hard tackling and clinical execution needed. Do it in the West.....let's go Australia!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Now is the time to put England to the sword and inflict the rugby psychological wound. Scrum dominance, hard tackling and clinical execution needed. Do it in the West.....let's go Australia!

Haha! What I would like to boast about is a line out that wins our own throws and takes a couple of theirs. Yeah. That would be awesome. And might mean that our determined territory/kicking game has an actual point to it.

Yep, that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.